Remaining free agents

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s going on with these guys we heard so much about a couple months ago. Will the Jets sign any of them?

Logan Ryan 

Jadaveon Clowney

Warford

Ryan is waiting for somebody to offer him $10 mil per.  Hasn't happened so he'll keep waiting.

Like Ryan, Clowney wants more than anybody is offering.

Warford reportedly saw his play dip down the stretch last season and I don't think I've heard of any teams making him an offer.  Of course a lot of fans called for the Jets to sign him early on, but it seems they aren't alone in having no interest.

39 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Don't worry about free agents . There ain't a chance in hell that they are playing football this season .

I have resisted saying the same thing...    but I am defo leaning towards this being a mortal lock.

Same here. 

ive tried to take a realistic approach while being optimistic, but cases are really starting to pop up again(Atleast in PA, but I haven’t been following NY numbers much)

plus this won’t even count the numbers that are going to pop up from the holiday weekend. 

it sucks for sure. 

I think baseball and basketball are trying like hell to make things work, but I think ultimately they won’t be able to stop it, and will have to shut down again. 

I really hope not, but that’s my gut feeling. 

Even if we are to assume there will be a season in 2020, there's no rush for any team to sign these guys. 

Might as well wait until after roster cut downs to see who teams let go of before bringing in one of these names.  You might be able to find an effective player for far cheaper.

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s going on with these guys we heard so much about a couple months ago. Will the Jets sign any of them?

Logan Ryan 

Jadaveon Clowney

Warford

If it looks like there is a season Jets maybe go for Logan. But, when do we know about the season for sure, 1 week before Sept?. If that happens and you sign anyone a week before they may not get up to speed for a month or so.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Ryan is waiting for somebody to offer him $10 mil per.  Hasn't happened so he'll keep waiting.

Like Ryan, Clowney wants more than anybody is offering.

Warford reportedly saw his play dip down the stretch last season and I don't think I've heard of any teams making him an offer.  Of course a lot of fans called for the Jets to sign him early on, but it seems they aren't alone in having no interest.

I would add that Ryan has a closer connection to the Jets in that he went to Rutgers and has roots in NJ. 

Clowney wants to play for a contender. I know most Jet fans don't believe him and I'm not sure I do either but he came out and said so. Seems less likely to end up with the Jets than Ryan if you ask me. 

17 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Don't worry about free agents . There ain't a chance in hell that they are playing football this season .

I agree. And unless this nation as a whole undergoes some serious"soul searching" ASAP, football will be the friggin least of our worries.

If there’s no season, I would find a way to sign these guys to a 1-year deal regardless. Both parties will benefit. 

Player will get paid for essentially doing nothing. 

Jets may possibly be compensated if they lose that free agent with a pick. At least, I would think. ?

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If there’s no season, I would find a way to sign these guys to a 1-year deal regardless. Both parties will benefit. 

Player will get paid for essentially doing nothing. 

Jets may possibly be compensated if they lose that free agent with a pick. At least, I would think. ?

Like Sam Kinison said to Rodney after his epic rant in "Back to School".........."good answer, I'm gonna keep my eye on you."?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Clowney wants to play for a contender. I know most Jet fans don't believe him and I'm not sure I do either but he came out and said so. Seems less likely to end up with the Jets than Ryan if you ask me. 

Agreed.  The Browns offered Clowney a bunch of money and he turned it down.

Guess he's not a big believer in Baker Mayfield's squad.

@Trolly McTrollface

• Haha 1