No fans in stadium for 2020

28 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I agree, People can't be trusted, but I don't trust the government either.

Government is people with some power over other people.

I wonder how this will affect teams.  If a team has actual fans at a home game, they at least get some energy from that, rather than just playing in a totally empty stadium.  It's no longer a home game, just a neutral game with a little travel.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

You can be an ass about it if you want. We are trying to keep things civil here during a pandemic.

So we can either remind people when they break one of our simple rules or we can just ban them.

We're trying to be nice. No politics. 

I hear you.

I hear you.

Challenging times for the human race.  I get it.  I am being dead serious, sorry if that did not come across.  I made a mistake.  I am owning the mistake.  I grew up Catholic, sorry for the Catholic humor.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

this isn't a political point - but look if you look at when the govt said to get serious about it - middle of march and then go one month forward (since most of the deaths in the immediate 30 days is from infections that already had happened) - NY has done remarkably well given the issues with Density.

think it's important to look at the numbers closely.

Not political just facts. Look at the Florida DEATH numbers + they have continued to try & keep the economy going the best they can do it will be interesting to see the OVERALL affects of a complete shutdown (Economic devastation, bankruptcies, suicides, child abuse, depression) in NY when this finally subsides. Cuomo needs to stop slapping himself on the back before all of these things can be studied 5 years from now. 
That’s when real data can be studied after they deduct the Covid deaths that should have been underlying conditions 1st, just like most Covid viruses. 

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’ve been able to accept my life being different because of covid but the no attending games and tailgating is hard.  For those of us season ticketholders especially those of us who rarely miss a game this is going to be a very loooooooong fall.  

I understand why fans aren’t allowed so that isn’t my issue.  

I’ve always wanted a tailgate vehicle.  Maybe now is the time to buy one and fix it up for 2021.  

I hear ya. We are Gona try and make the best of it and tailgate in our backyard. Maybe some more time with family this football season ain’t such a  bad thing 

• Upvote 3

Thinking out loud here.  This may be a stupid idea and potentially unrealistic due to contractual obligations/nuances that I know nothing about.

That said, with a college season looking less and less likely by the week, would it be possible the NFL considers playing a handful of games every week on Saturday to help fill vacant big money tv spots?   Maybe fill an Noon kickoff on ESPN slot, a 3:30 CBS Slot and a Primetime ABC.  I would imagine the ratings for those games would be enormous and an additional source of add revenue for the league?  Maybe not, but makes sense in theory.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Wasn’t there like thousands of protesters all over the effing place? Give me a break, NY still leads all deaths by miles. 

So like let's stay on topic. If you want tondisct that join the club.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

I hear you.

I hear you.

Challenging times for the human race.  I get it.  I am being dead serious, sorry if that did not come across.  I made a mistake.  I am owning the mistake.  I grew up Catholic, sorry for the Catholic humor.

I thought you were busting my balls, my bad.

Thanks for clarifying I didn't mean to overreact.