GASE MUST ADJUST

I came across this while reading more about the nuts and bolts of Gase's offensive nomenclature. Anyone who has been reading my posts will probably think I wrote this article...

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sam-darnold-adam-gase-jets-offense-20200428-rudgvs2qofdcncdnio5et76jau-story.html

"Gase can’t afford to go down the same path as last season when he tried to force a Peyton Manning-style offense on Darnold. The Broncos might have been an offensive juggernaut with Manning, but that blueprint doesn’t work for a second-year quarterback with an entirely different set of strengths and weaknesses than one of the best signal callers in the history of the universe."

"Darnold’s future greatness lies in his ability to make plays off script, throwing from unconventional angles on the run. That should be cultivated, not stifled."

THE BARON COMMENTS:  And this would call for more designed pocket shifts and misdirection. Static pockets are for QB's like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.  NOT DARNOLD.  Line shifts and counter gap running would also take advantage of Bell's running style.  And I will say this again.  Not all of this has to be done with man blocking scheme up front, but this sort of offense with a lot of line motion goes hand in hand with fast, athletic offensive lineman that *can* play well in a man blocking scheme. 

Either way, this will work out.  Either Gase gets his head out of his ass and the offense works, or he doesn't in which case he'll wont be around in 2021.  I just *HOPE* the right thing happens before a very talented QB gets sucked up the spout

• Upvote 2

The Gase offense ran like a hot knife through butter as we racked up a 6-2 record with the most pathetic set of linemen and receivers in team history.

Gase isn't the problem.  The roster is.  The heat should be on Douglas.  He's the one who hasn't proven anything yet.

SAR I

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair he’s only been he for a single draft. As for heat? Every single person in that front office should have a campfire lit under their nuts. 

Well, they flew planes and called for Gase's head despite him being employed by the Jets for a whopping 6 months.  Douglas has been here for 13.

Look, the heat should be on no one this year.  We are a team that was rebuilt in amazingly fast fashion.  From the abyss of 2016 to the precipice of winning the division in 2020.  I'm happy with the whole thing, except for Jamal's antics.  

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well, they flew planes and called for Gase's head despite him being employed by the Jets for a whopping 6 months.  Douglas has been here for 13.

Hey, the heat should be on no one this year.  We are a team that was rebuilt in amazingly fast fashion.  From the abyss of 2016 to the precipice of winning the division in 2020.  I'm happy with the whole thing, except for Jamal's antics.  

SAR I

Precipice of winning the division? Damn,   You need to Go eat out someplace. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Gotta go with Sar here. The AFC East crown is easily within reach. Pat's are a huge question mark and worse than 2019 for sure. Miami is garbage. IMHO Buffalo seems to be the team that will give us a run for the money. I just hope we get out to a quick start this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We went 7-9 last year with the most starters/players on IR in team history and a sick or XFL-caliber quarterback for half the year.  I know you're not a denier, so I don't need to elaborate.

Its simple math:  The Jets would have gone 10-6 last year if perfectly healthy and we are a better team this year than last year.

Dolphins are rebuilding, Patriots are over, Bills don't have a quarterback.  The division is ours.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Gotta go with Sar here. The AFC East crown is easily within reach. Pat's are a huge question mark and worse than 2019 for sure. Miami is garbage. IMHO Buffalo seems to be the team that will give us a run for the money. I just hope we get out to a quick start this year.

That’s cool. Honestly I can’t even squint hard enough to even remotely see that  happening. I guess Brady left the Pats so.. pig, ripe, slaughter repeat. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase is an awful awful offensive coach and his offenses have proved it every single year he has been a head coach.

He just stinks.

Adam Gase is not an offensive coordinator.  As a head coach, he had a great season last year, keeping all 53 players and 16 coaches focused on improvement, turning 1-7 into 6-2.  The 7-9 record is exactly where the experts had the Jets-  oh, but perfectly healthy.  The Jets roster was a mess.

If you're disappointed in the Jets offense, rant about Dowell Loggains.  He's headed into his 6th season as an offensive coordinator.  Adam Gase is a head coach.  A very good one, actually.  

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We went 7-9 last year with the most starters/players on IR in team history and a sick or XFL-caliber quarterback for half the year.  I know you're not a denier, so I don't need to elaborate.

Its simple math:  The Jets would have gone 10-6 last year if perfectly healthy and we are a better team this year than last year.

Dolphins are rebuilding, Patriots are over, Bills don't have a quarterback.  The division is ours.

SAR I

If we hit 75% of the “ ifs” we got a chance. 

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Gase offense ran like a hot knife through butter as we racked up a 6-2 record with the most pathetic set of linemen and receivers in team history.

Gase isn't the problem.  The roster is.  The heat should be on Douglas.  He's the one who hasn't proven anything yet.

SAR I

The offense averaged less than 20 points per game the last 8 weeks and scored a whopping 17 TDs in those 8 games. Just world beaters, really. Oh. And the teams they played were awful. But you know this. And me responding only feeds into your madness. So. Here we are. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You can lead a horse to water, but... 

Or more to the point... You can talk sense to a fanboy, but... 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If we hit 75% of the “ ifs” we got a chance. 

Honest question:

With a perfectly healthy roster, with Mosely healthy and Darnold never having gotten sick, do you see the Jets getting 3 wins out of these 6 games?

Bills
Browns
at Eagles
at Jaguars
at Bengals
at Dolphins

We had the Bills beat.  The Browns were awful.  The Bengals and Dolphins were winless.  You can't tell me with an honest face that the team we saw open the season and end the season couldn't have gotten 3-4 wins if we were a football team instead of a hospital ward.  And coming to that conclusion, it's very easy to see that the Jets are division contenders right now, this year, and you have nothing to be afraid of.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because Josh Allen is such a good quarterback?  What are you afraid of?

SAR I

Bills defense scares me. Josh Allen has more weapons than he had last year. He’ll do enough to win the division, propped up by a very good roster. He made the playoffs last year, how did they get worse this year with the players they added? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Honest question:

With a perfectly healthy roster, with Mosely healthy and Darnold never having gotten sick, do you see the Jets getting 3 wins out of these 6 games?

Bills
Browns
at Eagles
at Jaguars
at Bengals
at Dolphins

We had the Bills beat.  The Browns were awful.  The Bengals and Dolphins were winless.  You can't tell me with an honest face that the team we saw open the season and end the season couldn't have gotten 3-4 wins if we were a football team instead of a hospital ward.  And coming to that conclusion, it's very easy to see that the Jets are division contenders right now, this year, and you have nothing to be afraid of.

SAR I

I stopped reading at perfectly healthy roster. Why would they happen? Other than it helps your argument? No Training  camp, no preseason  and catastrophic injuries last year. Oh yeah, we will be perfectly healthy this year. Again if, if, if , if!!!!!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The offense averaged less than 20 points per game the last 8 weeks and scored a whopping 17 TDs in those 8 games. Just world beaters, really. Oh. And the teams they played were awful. But you know this. And me responding only feeds into your madness. So. Here we are. 

This isn't fantasy football.  This is actual football.  Points per game, offensive statistics, ratings, it's all nonsense to keep Minecraft players occupied in the offseason.

Adam Gase is a head coach, and that head coach got his beat up shell of a team to win 6 of its last 8 games.  That's all you need to know about Adam Gase.

As for Dowell Loggains, the jury's still out whether or not he is a good offensive coordinator.  We'll find out.  Darnold seems to like him.  Bell isn't whining.  

SAR I

The biggest problem for Gase is adjusting. He's incredibly stubborn in game. This is something that has always been apart of him. 

Too many times last year our offense played like a flopping fish out of water once we finished the fifteen play script and had nothing to show after halftime. Look at the lack of adjustment in the games we played against the Patriots, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bengals, Steelers, and at Buffalo.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I stopped reading at perfectly healthy roster. Why would they happen? Other than it helps your argument? No Training  camp, no preseason  and catastrophic injuries last year. Oh yeah, we will be perfectly healthy this year. Again if, if, if , if!!!!!

It's all a guessing game, right?  To get a baseline of where your NFL team is at in 2020 you look at where they were in 2019.  Sitting here today, the Jets are a 10-6 team that has rebuilt its OL, had a nice draft, retained all of its coaches, and is playing in a division that is markedly weaker. 

Stop acting scared.  The Jets are a good team and we're going to have a good season.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's all a guessing game, right?  To get a baseline of where your NFL team is at in 2020 you look at where they were in 2019.  Sitting here today, the Jets are a 10-6 team that has rebuilt its OL, had a nice draft, retained all of its coaches, and is playing in a division that is markedly weaker. 

Stop acting scared.  The Jets are a good team and we're going to have a good season.

SAR I

Hold me? 

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Our offense had a putrid OL, mediocre skill position talent and we played a brand of football were points weren't needed to manufacture wins.  That's good coaching.  

Yes. I remember watching that Bengals game and saying, “wow. this coaching is magnificent”. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. I remember watching that Bengals game and saying, “wow. this coaching is magnificent”. 

a team with as much talent as we had despite the fact at the end of the year we produced way more wins.  

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Here’s your participation trophy. 

I appreciate that.  I also love the idea that guys like you think the Jets we're a supremely talented team that should have been whopping up on people because of our offensive talent.  

The Jets last year were in the hunt for the worst roster in the NFL.  After being decimated by injuries they finished very strong.  The Pats, coached by arguably the best coach in NFL history lost to the Dolphins in a game that would have given them a home field bye in the playoffs.  

Your point on the loss to the Bengals was moronic in terms of a 16 game season and the level of talent on the NY Jets football team.  

By any standard, Adam Gase did an excellent job with a crappy roster that was decimated by injury and QB health.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1