The Jets Are Already Being Disrespected As +300 Home Underdogs In Week 2

On 8/10/2020 at 10:35 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Were you there the last time SF made that trip?  That was a massacre.

And that was the last Jets game for which I was in attendance, lol.

Was that the game Tone threw the ball in the air as he got injured and wasn’t down? Fumble recovered for TD the other way. Dare I say that was 8 years ago. Time flies man. 

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Was that the game Tone threw the ball in the air as he got injured and wasn’t down? Fumble recovered for TD the other way. Dare I say that was 8 years ago. Time flies man. 

Yep, that was the one. 

Alex Smith was still the starter, but Kaepernick rushed for a TD in that one out of his gadget role.  Awful day, awful game, and the crowd was like 70 % Niners fans too.

The weather was nice at least, lol.

22 hours ago, varjet said:

WFAN yesterday morning went through the Jets schedule this year.  It is actually pretty brutal.  Although we feel like the team is getting better, the Jets are in a pretty deep hole.  I like JD, but it almost seems like his focus is accumulating draft picks for points, not actually scoring points on the field.    We own the players we draft for 4-5 years.  So if we are depending on the draft to build and sign FAs to one year contracts, it just seems hard to get traction.

I was sick of Adams like the rest of us, but one way to improve the team is to draft great players and keep them.   Adams’ replacements are theoretically 2-4 years out.  

How far are the Jets behind if they replace the coaches next year?

Just some depressing thoughts on a hot day. 

So what were the Becton and Mims picks all about then, if that's what you believe?

No, Adams' replacements aren't 2-4 years away.  You're discounting the $18M or so per year we saved by not handing him an extension.  We could very easily use that money on a free agent WR next offseason.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I would like to dip my toe in online gambling, especially on the SF game.  But I don't understand what "+300" means.  I'm used to the +3 or -3 way of doing things, that was simple.  Can someone explain what being a +300 means?

SAR I

Bet $100 to win $300.   -$300 is bet $300 to win $100. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

No, Jackson did, apples & oranges at QB. We're talking 11 on 10 vs Garapolo, Lamar Jackson did that to everyone last year except the Titans figured out a way to keep him in the pocket & Henry kept his azz on the bench for long periods of time. 

ahh, doesnt count ifthe QB runs on you

6 hours ago, Kolchak said:

No points, straight up. 

Last question-  do these online betting apps allow you to bet with a traditional point spread or just this win/lose method?  I want to take the Jets because I'm guessing they're going to get 10 points and I feel confident about that.  The actual W is a different story.

SAR I

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last question-  do these online betting apps allow you to bet with a traditional point spread or just this win/lose method?  I want to take the Jets because I'm guessing they're going to get 10 points and I feel confident about that.  The actual W is a different story.

SAR I

I assume they do.  I've only placed bets in AC. 

And, I think you spot on with that 10 points. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...