Bleacher Report Jets v. Bills Predictions

Warfish

31 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Agree to disagree. Along with those teams, I'd put the Giants, Lions, Bengals easily behind us. There's also an argument to be made that teams like Chicago and Denver would all lose running away to the Jets. That's just off the top of my head. 

Giants and Bengals, fine, I'll give you.

Lions?  No chance.  Stafford is still a top 10 QB, and he's throwing to Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones, who are both better than any WR we've had since probably Brandon Marshall in '15.  They've also got a very solid LT in Taylor Decker, a decent pass rusher in Trey Flowers and added a very solid  all-around LB in Jamie Collins.  

There's no argument to be made that Chicago or Denver would lose "going away" to us.  Trubisky is not very good but he's still put up acceptable QB numbers (63 % completions, 48 TD/29 INT) in a vacuum.  If that does nothing for you, Khalil Mack and Allen Robinson end that argument.  As for Denver, Drew Lock may only have 5 starts under his belt but he looked very good in them.  Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant and Melvin Gordon are far better than anything we have in the skill player column.  They were able to add one of the top OL on the market in Graham Glasgow to join an OK Offensive Line.  Von Miller just went down with his injury but they still have Bradley Chubb, Justin Simmons and Jurrell Casey on defense.  I mean come on, its not even close there.

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

well they do but i suspect darnold is way more accurate than allen and can adjust quicker.

Adjust quicker to what?  We all know Allen is inaccurate, but he at least returns 2 of his top 3 starting WRs (John Brown, Cole Beasley) and his entire starting OL.  He doesn't have any changes to adjust to except he added Stefon Diggs.  Poor guy.

Mike Florio is picking the Jets...

Florio’s take: Last year, the Jets had the Bills on the ropes in Week One. This year, maybe the Jets can punch them through. New York finished the year 6-2 and the roster is better now than it was last year.

Florio’s pick: Jets 24, Bills 21.

2 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Every Newsday reporter has Bills making playoffs.  One of them has them winning Super Bowl! Lmao

09B7E5B3-1364-4AF1-A682-94A70A3EB6D2.jpeg

Picking them to win the SB is absurd, and just an attempt to get some attention.

Picking them to the playoffs makes perfect sense.  The AFC East is going to be the weakest division in the NFL in 2020, and its not close.  The only alternative choice would be to pick the Patriots over the Bills. 

And you'll notice all but one picked the Pats to get in as a Wild Card, with the other picking them to win the division and the Bills to get a WC spot.  With 7 playoff spots up for grabs that makes sense as well.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I disagree.  Both teams were the darlings of the media their respective off-seasons and came into the new season with improved rosters and a ton of hype and expectations. The Bills are about to get spanked by the Jets and the rest of the league.  The book is out on Allen.  He's not a good QB and will prove that this year.  

I don't see how the jets spank the bills in any way, our roster is terrible. I think Allen has shown more improvement from year 1 to year 2 than Darnold did (Darnold started farther ahead), and if he keeps improving, he will be a scary guy to go against for our Jets. If he improves his completion percentage 6% for the second year in a row, learns to hit the checkdown and doesnt fumble, he will be very good. The Bills team seems to rally around their QB, and hopefully we start to see that with the Jets this year. 

2 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

I don't see how the jets spank the bills in any way, our roster is terrible. I think Allen has shown more improvement from year 1 to year 2 than Darnold did (Darnold started farther ahead), and if he keeps improving, he will be a scary guy to go against for our Jets. If he improves his completion percentage 6% for the second year in a row, learns to hit the checkdown and doesnt fumble, he will be very good. The Bills team seems to rally around their QB, and hopefully we start to see that with the Jets this year. 

i guess you didn't see allen lose their playoff game twice last season.  if allen can't run he's not tough to pass defend.

3 minutes ago, InGaseYouMissedIt said:

Yep.  If we win this game its going to be a 13-10 or 16-13 type of crapfest.  I'd take it, for sure, but the point is a blowout win for the Jets is simply not happening.  

9 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Florio’s take: Last year, the Jets had the Bills on the ropes in Week One. This year, maybe the Jets can punch them through. New York finished the year 6-2 and the roster is better now than it was last year.

I am always curious what the week 1 score would have been had Mosley not gotten that lucky pick 6. Everyone always says "oh we would have won if CJ didnt get hurt", but what happens if the ball didnt bounce off beasleys thigh pad? We probably would have not scored 10 points in that game. 

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i guess you didn't see allen lose their playoff game twice last season.  if allen can't run he's not tough to pass defend.

Yes but that was against very good Texans team.  He can't beat playoff-caliber defenses, but will always do fairly well against bad teams, even against a Gregg Williams-coached defense.  Do you not remember what he did in Week 1 of last season once Mosley went down?  He completed 8/10 of his throws, with 2 TDs (1 rushing).

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but that was against very good Texans team.  He can't beat playoff-caliber defenses, but will always do fairly well against bad teams, even against a Gregg Williams-coached defense.  Do you not remember what he did in Week 1 of last season once Mosley went down?

you mean when kare missed the fg? and yes i do remember that mosley had a great game until he went down.  and when he went down an inexperienced defense had some trouble adjusting.  is that on allen or an inexperienced defense?  i suspect any qb at this level can shred a defense that blows assignments or isn't in the right coverage.  i don't think anyone should be impressed by what allen did that day.

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Jets have a better Qb.  Key to the game will be winning in the trenches. 

Do we?   Darnold has proven s*it right now.  He's gotten every excuse in the book---no O Line, horrible receivers, made out with the wrong  chicks, etc.   It's now year three and the guy neds to produce.  And that means not throwing bone-headed INTs at the goal line.  Sam, wake the f*ck up.  Time to get us some wins (consistenly) or you'll be out the door faster than Richard Todd and Geno.

20 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Crap. Not a good sign.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

you mean when kare missed the fg? and yes i do remember that mosley had a great game until he went down.  and when he went down an inexperienced defense had some trouble adjusting.  is that on allen or an inexperienced defense?  i suspect any qb at this level can shred a defense that blows assignments or isn't in the right coverage.  i don't think anyone should be impressed by what allen did that day.

Where was Jamal?

16 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Not if you rank teams according to odds

And surprise, surprise, Vegas has us ranked low in the O/U wins category as well.  But what do they know?  Vegas always is way off on this stuff and never makes any money.

Vegas regular season Wins (O/U):

1. Chiefs:  11.5
  2. Ravens:  11.5
  3. 49ers:  10.5
  4. Saints:  10.5
  5. Cowboys:  10
  6. Bucs:  9.5
  7. Seahawks:  9.5
  8. Colts:  9.5
  9. Eagles:  9.5
  10. Steelers:  9.5
  11. Bills:  9