Dead Last in the Power Rankings

TMAC

And with regards to the Johnsons -- the first 11 years they owned the team weren't bad at all. 91-85.  8 winning seasons, 6 playoff teams, 6 playoff wins. That's not bad. We all want the Super Bowl but that's not an embarrassing disaster. We were largely competitive.

The issue is the last nine -- 57-87. One winning season, zero playoff appearances. That's awful, celler dweller, perennial loser sh*t. I had never seen the Jets having a losing record in back to back seasons until 2017. We're now staring down the barrel of 5 straight.

• Sympathy 1

Chris is not the owner. The real owner is overseas and couldn't give less of a f... They are 6th in value and 32nd in the power rankings, And that's the state of the Jets for the last 9 years.

And with regards to the Johnsons -- the first 11 years they owned the team weren't bad at all. 91-85.  8 winning seasons, 6 playoff teams, 6 playoff wins. That's not bad. We all want the Super Bowl but that's not an embarrassing disaster. We were largely competitive.
The issue is the last nine -- 57-87. One winning season, zero playoff appearances. That's awful, celler dweller, perennial loser sh*t. I had never seen the Jets having a losing record in back to back seasons until 2017. We're now staring down the barrel of 5 straight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You can split those first ten years up into having a good QB(Chad, Pre injury) and Mangini infusing the team with young talent. The Jets haven’t had a QB since then and they’ve been god awful in the draft.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TMAC said:

With the exception of a few flashes, over the last few decades the Jets have been consistently mediocre.  It did not help that they played in the same Division as the greatest dynasty in NFL history. (Of course, the Jets did have their coach for one day but blew that, too).  Under the stewardship of Chris Johnson, the Jets have now sunk to the very bottom of the league.  If it was possible to go lower, they would.  This is beyond shameful.  I'm sure that there are fools who think this is a good thing because of the draft, but for those of us who only care about wins and losses, this is unbearably disgusting.  The Johnsons have to go.

You might want to root for another team. The johnsons aren’t going anywhere

Has anyone pointed out that HALF of the games in week 1 we’re lost by 10 points or more?

That’s 8 out of 16 games...and of them, 6 of those 10+ point victories were at the hand of a 2019 playoff team. 

Could it be that those teams required less preparation (training camp, preseason, etc.), or that they were more talented/better coaching? I don’t know. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm good.  The OL will gel, Darnold will get a wakeup call, Perine and Mims will materialize, and things will correct themselves.  2-2 by Week 4 feels attainable if that happens.

SAR I

Bruh - Mims is on IR and isn't seeing the field until we are 0-4 at the earliest.