We need to start rooting for the Cheats

jgb

Couple more losses and Belly is that one NFL coach who could go full on tank for Lawrence. Every other HC wants/needs to try to win. Not him.

Thankfully, they already have 2 wins but if we don't secure #1 and someone like HOU does, don't count Belly out for a draft trade...

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Couple more losses and Belly is that one NFL coach who could go full on tank for Lawrence. Every other HC wants/needs to try to win. Not him.

Thankfully, they already have 2 wins but if we don't secure #1 and someone like HOU does, don't count Belly out for a draft trade...

Don’t we want them to lose? It weakens our Strength of Schedule 

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

Any GM that sends the #1 pick to NE needs to be shot

Still petrified season gets COVID truncated or cancelled and some funky lotto system is adopted for draft. You just know in that situation Pats pick ahead of Jets.

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I hear you, but 2 wins could be a tall order for us this season.

Oh, we aren't finishing ahead of Pats, that's for sure. More worried if Pats have a high pick and Jets don't get the #1. Belly is 180 years old. He's realizing now he needs a stud QB to be dominant and that one Matt Cassell year was a fluke. Could see him trading up.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

The good news is you don't have to worry about HOU trading their pick to NE. 

The bad news is they already traded it to MIA.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Forgot about that, thanks haha

Could you just, for a moment, imagine if HOU ends up with the #1 pick...the Trevor Lawrence pick...and already traded it out to MIA along with more stuff for Laramy Tunsil?  I mean...come on.  really?  MIA would be the team talking about either trading it for 100 picks or flipping Tua and drafting Lawrence and then they'd be killing the AFCE for the next 10 years.  My worst nightmare.

• Upvote 1

Not one of your best. A few things - 

1) Houston doesn’t even have their own pick. 

2) The Patriots have two wins and still play us twice - meaning they are not close to being in play for the top pick.

3) Nobody is trading Belichick Trevor Lawrence. 

4) Stop obsessing over The Pats. The run is over.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Could you just, for a moment, imagine if HOU ends up with the #1 pick...the Trevor Lawrence pick...and already traded it out to MIA along with more stuff for Laramy Tunsil?  I mean...come on.  really?  MIA would be the team talking about either trading it for 100 picks or flipping Tua and drafting Lawrence and then they'd be killing the AFCE for the next 10 years.  My worst nightmare.

Thanks for making football even worse for me this year ahole

half baked boo GIF

1 hour ago, jgb said:

BB will retire before the Pats get the first pick without Brady.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

BB will retire before the Pats get the first pick without Brady.

They won't get the first. But they could trade for it.

It's an interesting point though--when does he retire?

And... does he ever coach somewhere else?