Bla Bla Bla's 2021 Mock Offseason

20 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Excellent post.  I would be quite happy with that draft.  I would also consider signing Bud Dupree if he shakes loose from Pitt.  Also wouldn’t mind a top CB in free agency.  

I actually had Dupree in my initial draft but removed him because I thought it was unlikely that we land 3 big ticket FAs haha

Really good offseason, but I'd not wait until the 4th round to draft a C.  Either the Seattle first or the Jets early 2nd should go. Grab one of the top 3 in the draft.  Slide McGovern to RG, where he supposedly is better. Use the other early pick on a WR or TE.  Draft an OT prospect in the 4th or 5th round, also.

Yes, Sign Thuney.  JD really needs to bring one top flight, albeit expensive, OL in to solidify the group.

They probably hang onto Fant.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Really good offseason, but I'd not wait until the 4th round to draft a C.  Either the Seattle first or the Jets early 2nd should go. Grab one of the top 3 in the draft.  Slide McGovern to RG, where he supposedly is better. Use the other early pick on a WR or TE.  Draft an OT prospect in the 4th or 5th round, also.

Yes, Sign Thuney.  JD really needs to bring one top flight, albeit expensive, OL in to solidify the group.

They probably hang onto Fant.

I'd be all about drafting a Center, I am kinda hoping McGovern figures it out next year with a new offensive system. I can't wrap my head around how he fell from top 10 so quickly.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Great post. Not the way I would go personnel wise as I am still of the opinion that high priced free agents are fools gold and to be avoided almost as a rule.

I do like your thought on HC and OC but theres a lot of ways we can go

What would you like to do with the cap space?  Keep signing other teams back-ups and carry cap space to next off-season - to then sign other teams back-ups and carry over cap space....on and on.

Yes, if we begin to draft well we'll have to sign our own good players but right now we have none worth paying.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd be all about drafting a Center, I am kinda hoping McGovern figures it out next year with a new offensive system. I can't wrap my head around how he fell from top 10 so quickly.

McGovern, Fant and even GVR are all playing better then they were at the beginning of the year, and I dont think there is a need for a center whatsoever.  These guys had never even met before, joined a new system and had no minicamp or TC.  It takes a lot of time for an OL to gel.

On top of that our QB and HC dont help them at all. Sam has turned out to be very bad pre-snap and Gase's refusal to use motion or adapt his offense puts his OL at a huge disadvantage.

Fant and McGovern aren't old and are fairly paid, I can't see a scenario when they aren't here as starters in 2021.  That being said, if we are in the second round or 3rd round and a guy like Eric McCoy (Saints) or Eljton Jenkings (GB) who can either play guard or simply sit a year then I wouldn't argue against building depth.  I just think it needs to be the right player, otherwise you dont want to force a center simply because McGovern was ranked 16th in 2020 vs 10th in 2019

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DeerPark said:

sign me up.  good job.

7 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Excellent post.  I would be quite happy with that draft.  I would also consider signing Bud Dupree if he shakes loose from Pitt.  Also wouldn’t mind a top CB in free agency.  

Hey Boop, I find just @tagging the OP works best when trying to give your opinion. Saves a lost is space and time scrolling down the page. 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What would you like to do with the cap space?  Keep signing other teams back-ups and carry cap space to next off-season - to then sign other teams back-ups and carry over cap space....on and on.

Yes, if we begin to draft well we'll have to sign our own good players but right now we have none worth paying.

I am not opposed to signing all free agents just the insanely overvalued 0 and first day ones. I would rather sign  3 or 4 decent players than one of the astronomical contract ones. They are free agents for a reason.

15 hours ago, Vader said:

CB is not addressed but otherwise solid 

He has the Jets drafting CB Asante Samuel Jr. in the 3rd round and bringing back Poole.  Between those 2, Bryce Hall, the other returners and maybe a post-draft pickup....it's not terrible. 

Finding a pass rusher somewhere (he has us signing Okwara and drafting one in the 3rd) will help the secondary immensely.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, Beerfish said:

Good op , i have not looked through the whole draft but I really like Devonta smith.

I do not like the choice of head coach though.

Roman is presiding over the 2nd worst passing offense in the league to the stinky jets and can't get the ball to Wrs.

Hence why @bla bla bla selected Kafka for OC... Roman knows how to work with what he's got. I'm sure he and Kafka can come up with a good offense between the 2 of them. 

• Upvote 1

Based on some reactions I've seen on Greg Roman on here combined with the noise I've heard from 49er and Ravens fans, I hope we go a different route haha sounds like Romans offense is good for about a season before it gets figured out. Joe Brady is going to be high on my list, I just hope Rhule, Robby, and Teddy have good things to say about us haha

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

He will go higher so scratch that off bla bla’s list

I used tankathon and Walter football as a guide for where players could get drafted. Asante Samuel Jr's ranks:

Tankathon - 65th

Walter Football - Rounds 2-4 (12th ranked CB)

These ranks were as of 10/17, I'm sure by draft time it will look completely different as well.

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Based on some reactions I've seen on Greg Roman on here combined with the noise I've heard from 49er and Ravens fans, I hope we go a different route haha sounds like Romans offense is good for about a season before it gets figured out. Joe Brady is going to be high on my list, I just hope Rhule, Robby, and Teddy have good things to say about us haha

I used tankathon and Walter football as a guide for where players could get drafted. Asante Samuel Jr's ranks:

Tankathon - 65th

Walter Football - Rounds 2-4 (12th ranked CB)

These ranks were as of 10/17, I'm sure by draft time it will look completely different as well.

Walter Football lol ? They do have a lot of good write ups on players though. And just to throw this board in a psychotic whirl, they have us taking a safety with our 2nd round pick. Can you imagine! Mid- late Round 2 seems more realistic for Samuel.  Some of your picks I know nothing of and sound enticing. But if Etienne is sitting there with our 2nd 1st rounder, he has to be the pick. In round 2, I’d love to get the blue chip center from Georgia Trey Hill. Move McGovern to G which is his better position. Sign Thuney and get that 400 pound beast from Minnesota you mentioned. 2021 Jets draft could be mind blowing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Walter Football lol ? They do have a lot of good write ups on players though. And just to throw this board in a psychotic whirl, they have us taking a safety with our 2nd round pick. Can you imagine! Mid- late Round 2 seems more realistic for Samuel.  Some of your picks I know nothing of and sound enticing. But if Etienne is sitting there with our 2nd 1st rounder, he has to be the pick. In round 2, I’d love to get the blue chip center from Georgia Trey Hill. Move McGovern to G which is his better position. Sign Thuney and get that 400 pound beast from Minnesota you mentioned. 2021 Jets draft could be mind blowing.

Yea haha I hate their mock drafts but they are one of the few sites at this stage of the season that have a deep player list with prospective rounds. The nice thing is that the Jets have so many needs there really aren't too many positions I'd be upset with taking haha I really like Etienne but idk if he makes it all the way to the Seattle pick.