Fun Jim Harbaugh factoid

Philc1

The record doesn't matter if what you were brought to Michigan to do, he failed miserably at. He should have been able to recruit there like nobodies business, and he should of been able to win the big games. He did neither of those things, so while I would accept him as the HC of the NYJ, he wouldn't be my first choice.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's 49-22 throughout his 6 years @ Michigan (.690%).  

Which is much better than Michigan's record 6 years prior to Jim ever arriving...

Sorry yes, the number I cited included Stanford where he also excelled

Yeah but let’s hire Eric Bienemy instead he gets coffee for Andy Reid

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, 68JET11 said:

The record doesn't matter if what you were brought to Michigan to do, he failed miserably at. He should have been able to recruit there like nobodies business, and he should of been able to win the big games. He did neither of those things, so while I would accept him as the HC of the NYJ, he wouldn't be my first choice.

3B66E7AF-65DC-4EE5-A957-A88FE198E8C8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

College is all about recruitment (and under the table booster money). I'm not sure Michigan had any real advantage in those areas. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

College is all about recruitment (and under the table booster money). I'm not sure Michigan had any real advantage in those areas. 

kids go to the schools most likely because of who is coaching them... You think the best QB in the country wants to go to RICE over BAMA... His name alone should have attracted major players to that team, and it didn't, or when it did, he did nothing with them.

Just now, jmat321 said:

Look at Kingsbury.  Mediocre college coach.  Not the type of guy to sit in living rooms talking to parents or banquet halls stroking boosters.  More suited for the professionalism of the NFL.  

What about the greatest nfl head coach ever Matt Rhule?  How many college National championships did he get?

6 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Crappy weather, tough academics, and Harbaugh probably wasn’t paying recruits unlike these other guys

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Michigan has the disadvantages of being very cold and being very academically rigorous.  

His performance there is really nothing to be ashamed of.  There is really no reason he should naturally be better than Ohio State.

But, I think if I was the University of Michigan, I would hire a coach for less money who is more of an educator type.   Harbaugh’s best use is to be paid a lot of money to be an NFL coach.  I think when he sees what Rhule got paid he got the idea.  

I think if the Johnson’s agreed to let Rhule hire his own assistants they would have hired him for less than half of what the Panthers paid.  The Johnsons are now in for a big HC bill too.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

kids go to the schools most likely because of who is coaching them... You think the best QB in the country wants to go to RICE over BAMA... His name alone should have attracted major players to that team, and it didn't, or when it did, he did nothing with them.

Kids from poor backgrounds want a little **something-something** for picking one team over another. That's the decisive factor in most commitments.

Harbaugh was probably worse off than he was at Stanford. 

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

103-40 record at Michigan

and yet the Harbaugh haters act like he has done this horrible job there

Not a Harbaugh hater.  The guy was brought in to Michigan to win National championships.  He's been out recruited in his division and has been a disappointment.  Llyod Car was 122 and 40 at Michigan.  Nobody was clamoring for him to be the next HC of the NY Jets.  I like Harbaugh but he took over a team with a competent roster that had a couple of great drafts and left them with a disaster of a roster.  

Michigan is a program that always wins football games.  He hasn't won the games that count at Michigan.  He's been outproduced by his competition and run over the teams that aren't competitive to run up his record.  

I'm all in with Harbaugh if he reports to Douglas and Douglas makes the hire.  The way the Jets are currently set up Harbaugh and Douglas being independent reporting to a Johnson has disaster written all over it.  

In the NFL you don't get to play 75% of your games against teams that aren't competitive.   You only get to play teams like the Jets once or twice a year. 

35 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

44-20 record at Michigan

Funnier list of relevant facts

He was brought in to win bowl games, hes 1-4 in bowl appearances. 

He was brought in to compete for a National Championship, they never have under his watch.

He was brought in to beat Ohio State, he hasnt beaten them once.

He was brought in to make Michigan relevant, theyre not

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

44-20 record at Michigan

Shouldn’t factoids by definition be factual? Even after correcting your original post you still have the wrong record, it’s 49-22.

• Upvote 1