***Other NFL Games Thread 12/20/2020***

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

BB is not losing to the NY Jets when we are 0-15 

The BB factor is being totally overrated.   His team is not good, his Qbs are horrible.  He may want to win the game but the pats are a shell of their former self and are beatable by anyone on any given day.  The pats will be favoured as they should but the game is winnable for the jets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The BB factor is being totally overrated.   His team is not good, his Qbs are horrible.  He may want to win the game but the pats are a shell of their former self and are beatable by anyone on any given day.  The pats will be favoured as they should but the game is winnable for the jets.

The NY Jets cant score points and they cant stop other teams from scoring points. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah. Ok. Right. 

An 0-15 team can "easily" beat another team.

.000% and 0-15 completely says otherwise. 

N.E is 6-7. They aren't losing to THE JETS. 

Lot of wishful thing going in here.  Like it or not that is  very worrisome game, you can stick your head in the sand all you like.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lot of wishful thing going in here.  Like it or not that is  very worrisome game, you can stick your head in the sand all you like.

Wish I was as confident as some of these other guys, but I am with you.  If the Pats lose today, they are eliminated from playoff contention.  I am not concerned that BB will throw the game to mess up the tank.  But I would expect him to start Stidham once they are eliminated.  Unlike Gase, BB will want to give the young guy a couple of starts late in the season.  And he has been a turnover machine in limited action.

I absolutely can see a scenario where we beat a Stidham led Patriots team in week 17.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wish I was as confident as some of these other guys, but I am with you.  If the Pats lose today, they are eliminated from playoff contention.  I am not concerned that BB will throw the game to mess up the tank.  But I would expect him to start Stidham once they are eliminated.  Unlike Gase, BB will want to give the young guy a couple of starts late in the season.  And he has been a turnover machine in limited action.

I absolutely can see a scenario where we beat a Stidham led Patriots team in week 17.

That would create the most disappointing offseason in my life. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Starting Newton Week 17 may be more of a tank move by Belichick than starting Stidham.

That game scares the sh*t out of me but the Patriots do have a very good Oline & running game! 
Sit QW & Foley and force Shepard to play 60 defensive plays. 

38 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That would create the most disappointing offseason in my life. 

Still holding out some hope that Jax beats Chicago next week.  Give MInshew this week to get back in the lineup, shake some of the rust off and hopefully they can find a way to beat the Bears next week.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Todd Bowles defense looking solid.

Announcer just said, that was a poor defensive choice for that 3rd down ?
You guys know the call, soft zone, CB 12 yards off the ball, quick out for a 1st down. 
Announcer said it was like stealing ?

Looked like all those 3rd down conversions to Sammy Watkins in 2015! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetster said:

Announcer just said, that was a poor defensive choice for that 3rd down ?
You guys know the call, soft zone, CB 12 yards off the ball, quick out for a 1st down. 
Announcer said it was like stealing ?

Looked like all those 3rd down conversions to Sammy Watkins in 2015! 

But .............he stops the run.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still holding out some hope that Jax beats Chicago next week.  Give MInshew this week to get back in teh lineup, shake some of the rusg off and hopefully they can find a way to beat the Bears next week.

Trubisky is suddenly looking like johnny unitas.