The Real Kick in the *** is that the Jags are better

Is that the Jaguars are a better team than the Jets. It's not the Jets fault that their schedule happens to be tougher. What are they DOING against those (slightly) tougher group of teams should matter. There's gotta be some sort of formula that includes the schedule PLUS point differential. 

The Jags have a two point loss to the Texans, a four point loss to the Packers, a three point OT loss to the Vikings and a two point loss to the Browns. They're a better team. It's obvious. Their overall point differential is sixty points better than the Jets' is, that negates the percentage points difference in their strength of schedule.

Maybe I'm being crazy (yes, I know, I know) but I'm taking this loss hard and trying to make sense of the fact that the second biggest upset in team history, second to the EPIC UPSET TO END ALL UPSETS in 1969 was only a one point bigger upset than today's game was.

• Upvote 4

Just now, slimjasi said:

Only the Jets could be a historically bad team for basically the entire season and not get the top pick. 

If you were going to design a set of circumstance to elicit the most pain from a fanbase, this is how you draw it up. We deserve better than this. Why shouldn't we have fun more than every ten ******* years?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Is that the Jaguars are a better team than the Jets. It's not the Jets fault that their schedule happens to be tougher. What are they DOING against those (slightly) tougher group of teams should matter. There's gotta be some sort of formula that includes the schedule PLUS point differential. 

The Jags have a two point loss to the Texans, a four point loss to the Packers, a three point loss to the Vikings and a two point loss to the Browns. They're a better team. It's obvious. Their overall point differential is sixty points better than the Jets' is, that negates the percentage points difference in their strength of schedule.

Maybe I'm being crazy (yes, I know, I know) but I'm taking this loss hard.

As am I (though it was officially a win).  The rules were set in advance though and I guess they're reasonable enough.  No matter what system you come up with, there will likely always be a way that something screwy can happen. 

I hate the idea of tanking because losing games affects other teams' hopes (and you wouldn't want that to happen to us if we were one of those teams) but we came so darned close to having the 1st pick in a season where it really could've turned around our fortunes for the next 10-15 years.  Once again, we're going to "just miss out". 

I really thought we were so bad this year that there was no chance for a win on this schedule, even despite "any given Sunday".

I'm not quite as upset as some because the jets winning a game simply did not surprise me.  I did not think they would win this game but winning one game to screw draft position is something this team always does and it is extremely tough to go 0-16.

It's an expected last F you to the jets and their fans by Adam Gase.

I'm also less upset than some because I do not think Lawernce is the Savior many think.

We still need a QB long term because I do not think Darnold is the guy but this team should be much improved over the next couple of years if Douglas does not botch it.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well no hyberbol, this is the lowest I’ve ever felt being a Jets fan. We literally have no hope, whatsoever. In a division with two young QB’s, with great Head coaches. The other team without a Q.B happens to have Bill Bilichick, the best Coach in the modern era.

The only answer for sanity, is to spend less time and energy on this team because they simply aren’t worth it.

I agree.

Well no hyberbol, this is the lowest I’ve ever felt being a Jets fan. We literally have no hope, whatsoever. In a division with two young QB’s, with great Head coaches. The other team without a Q.B happens to have Bill Bilichick, the best Coach in the modern era.

The only answer for sanity, is to spend less time and energy on this team because they simply aren’t worth it.

Tuas numbers vs a bad Pats team at home 145 yards and no touchdowns. 

Look what Flacco did to the Pats without Gilmore.

Perspective.

Thats your fault if you weren't already doing that.

I'm not so sure that's true.  It's kind of ironic that the strong finish from last year actually helped us even be in this conversation.

If we had the Dolphins schedule, which includes crossover games against the Bengals and Jags rather than Browns and Colts, would still have been winless by now?  Not sure, especially depending on when the Bengals game would have happened.