Christopher Johnson Press Conf: MERGED

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The only thing I will agree with you regarding that is I don’t think keeping Sam is the right decision.  That being said, when I made my post on what I heard, I made it very clear that the league, including Douglas, still views Darnold as very talented and salvageable, even if I don’t particularly agree with that sentiment.  I know of one team in particular that has already reached out about his availability and they are currently in the playoffs and have one of the best front offices in the league.  Nothing regarding the Sam decision is owner driven or, before you say it, agent driven.

The big question Douglas will have to answer is whether or not he likes Fields or Wilson enough as prospects to throw Sam away.  He will also need to hire a head coach first and get their input.  Like I said the other day, if Matt Campbell or someone Douglas likes as much as Campbell is offered this job and says “only if I can choose my own QB.” Sam is gone.  That being said, I also know that some of those high tier coaches are Darnold fans so who really knows right now?  Lastly, it’s January 3rd.  A lot of things are going to change over the next few months.

I think I may just know who that team may be ??

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Johnson clearly still cares too much about perception.  I had hoped that he'd changed, but its not the case.  So in 2021 its going to be back to placating loud fans, overspending in the FA pool, and all the other nonsense that keeps us 6-10 forever and 13-3 never.  

Perhaps at one of your meetings with him you can bring this up. Explain how given your failed Gase is the football man of Florham park routine you need a winning routine to bore JN with

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does this even mean?  Who communicates and tells their fanbase what they're doing as a model?  Jerry Jones, to a fault because he thinks hes the star of Dallas.  How about the Pats?  The Steelers?  Ravens?  Who are the teams you want the Jets to model?  Because I dont see the difference here between the talk out of the Jets and others.  

The Pats win. The Steelers and Ravens draft unbelievably well and also win and have two strong CEO HC’s. The Jets do and have none of this, while running a cloak and dagger operation. Fire and hire every 2-3 years with seemingly nothing in the process actually changing. Oh this time they might change the reporting structure. Riight. The losses continue to pile up and the drafts continue to be dreadful. Rinse, repeat. When does it end? 

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They inform you of what kinda value itd be at this point?

Yes...but negotiations are such a fluid process, l don’t want to put that out there just yet.  This particular offer is not a 1st round pick though, I will say that.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If I’m getting what you’re saying, that would be verrrryyyy ironic.

Genuinely terrifying to think of too because if there is one team I could see fixing him it’s them and their staff.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Genuinely terrifying to think of too because if there is one team I could see fixing him it’s them and their staff.

I love Reich. Best thing to happen to that franchise in a long time was McDaniels turning them down. And they have a great OL, strong receiving Corp with a nice mix of young and vet, and Jonathan Taylor is coming up. I can see him having a nice little resurgence and stick around as an adequate to above average starter for 5-7 years.

• Upvote 1