Christopher Johnson Press Conf: MERGED

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

how about Sewell at 2 and Trey Lance or Wilson later in rd 1 

how about James Morgan, a vet and rookie in a competition for the job 

i don't think we have to be concerned that the Jets will fall down the stairs and accidentally give Sam Darnold 25 million dollars.  even if they decline the option and he turns into a star somehow in year 4 they have the tags worst case which is basically like 5th year option  for a QB at 3 overall. it's a huge wad of cash either way, maybe the same top5 average for the position. 

it's more of a concern the Jets draft Fields (or even TL at 2 if he falls) and the dude gets Joe Burrow'ed

All of this.

All of it makes sense. 

18 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

"The book hasn't been written on Sam."

They said the same thing about Hackenberg right before they got rid of him.

**Hackenberg plays so poorly in his lone AAF game he gets pulled early in the 2nd half***

"Dude, that's ancient history, why are we still talking about him?"

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think he's just being nice because he genuinely likes Sam (and it's not like we should be saying bad things about a guy we're about to trade.)

Right after saying that he gave himself the "out" that it's not his decision. JD is the "bad guy" who's gonna dump him.

yup.  Sam is a goner. He's being shopped as we speak.  And there are teams who will be willing to give up day 3 picks and willing to give him a seat on the bench or even a training camp competition.  Do it while Sam is still in rook contract.

not one bit Chris -I hope you and your clown brother figured out it is better to just pay big for a high end coach then having to keep paying your coaches after they are fired ....in the end not paying up for your head coach costs you more in the long run

• Upvote 1

jets will not hire a big name coach because  woody and  chris dont like to spend money on coaches-the  only guy that got it right was leon hess when he said he is too old and wants to win now and opened up the check book for parcells

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

how about Sewell at 2 and Trey Lance or Wilson later in rd 1 

how about James Morgan, a vet and rookie in a competition for the job 

i don't think we have to be concerned that the Jets will fall down the stairs and accidentally give Sam Darnold 25 million dollars.  even if they decline the option and he turns into a star somehow in year 4 they have the tags worst case which is basically like 5th year option  for a QB at 3 overall. it's a huge wad of cash either way, maybe the same top5 average for the position. 

it's more of a concern the Jets draft Fields (or even TL at 2 if he falls) and the dude gets Joe Burrow'ed

i am in the give Darnold another year camp, so not giving the 5th year option doesn't both me...if he kills it then u resign him...if he doesnt...letting him walk anyways. he will end up being slightly more expensive in the long run.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

More important than organizing the search for the HC?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Not at all. If he cant do both (and Douglas has been a poor communicator to date, by either design or just not his skill set) then we're not in great hands. Where has Douglas been anyways? Did he have any say in firing Gase? Why should we have any confidence he can lead a competent coaching search if he cant even tell us that's what he'll be doing? Communication is crucial.

The fanbase has been left in the dark on pretty much everything. We get specs of information from the Johnson's here and there (great) and they consistently let the HC hang out to dry, while the GM gets a pass. Maccganan got a pass for a long time too. This feels awfully similar.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Carnival Barker said:

He also said he wanted Jamal Adams to remain a Jet.

That's one of the reasons why this is not a scary statement. It should be reassuring that the GM is the one making decisions on the roster. 

Besides, what else can he say? This guy sucks but we're sticking with him? This guy sucks but please give us a generous trade deal?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I take that as Chris Johnson saying

”I know I’m useless Freddo.”

“That’s why Joe Douglas runs this organization now.”

”I’ll be opening up the checkbook to ensure we get this hire correct.”

That's kind of how I interpreted it.

"I now recognize I don't think what I'm doing, but someone who knows what they're doing is going to be making the choice here."

Still hard to be confident given we hired Gase last time out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not at all. If he cant do both (and Douglas has been a poor communicator to date, by either design or just not his skill set) then we're not in great hands. Where has Douglas been anyways? Did he have any say in firing Gase? Why should we have any confidence he can lead a competent coaching search if he cant even tell us that's what he'll be doing? Communication is crucial.

The fanbase has been left in the dark on pretty much everything. We get specs of information from the Johnson's here and there (great) and they consistently let the HC hang out to dry, while the GM gets a pass. Maccganan got a pass for a long time too. This feels awfully similar.

Oh

nosey lucille bluth GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

This has been your conspiracy theorist agenda for months.  The owner came out and emphatically said that Douglas was in charge.  Nothing short of Douglas impaling Chris or Woody on a zoom call was ever changing your mind.  

Why wouldn't Joe Douglas lead this call? Calling everything in plain sight a conspiracy doesnt make it one. If he's in charge, let him be in charge. I care a lot more about his opinion on personnel than the owner who we all know has no clue.

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Lets keep it all in perspective.  If you were selling your house would you say:

a) I love this house.  We had so many great memories here.   The neighborhood is amazing.  If it was up to me I would never sell but with the kids all grown we figured it was time to give another lucky family their own special memories.  

OR

b) We really don't like this house so much anymore.  We were so optimistic when we purchased it  that we were willing to give up 3 high draft picks to close the deal.  We nurtured the house with love for many years but despite this the house kept throwing interceptions and now we found out it was built on an ancient burial ground. 

Which answer yields you the better deal?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why wouldn't Joe Douglas lead this call? Calling everything in plain sight a conspiracy doesnt make it one. If he's in charge, let him be in charge. I care a lot more about his opinion on personnel than the owner who we all know has no clue.

Because it was a Christopher Johnson phone call.

Its always positioned as the owner being the one to fire the HC. 

The rest of it is pointless, what do you want to hear other than what's expected.  Thank the HC for his work, make the we needed to go in a different direction or it wasnt working routine and keep everyone moving forward.