PYP2021 Game Thread

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@CTM - looks like she's stuck in a loop. Please patch immediately.

@GATA - KD vote has been explained, then it's also been pointed out that it's been explained by both me and @jvill 51

I've also explained twice now why my vote was moved off of you.

Knock Knock Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

haha, Sorry guys, i'm really not paying attention..  work has been a bear the past few weeks and prior to the last few days this game was kind of on life support

I'll try and catch up today

On 1/11/2021 at 4:39 PM, Stark said:

Lol 

sh*t I’m not trying hard. You care to explain why drums vote was good and you on question the vote on Gata 

I mean 99.9% of all D1 cases are rubbish. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, jvill 51 said:

Here’s what I was referring to in my reply to @Drums. Originally nonchalant about being the D1 lynch, votes Stark with no reasoning, gives reasoning once Stark’s train pulls even with his, then says he withheld reasoning initially because he didn’t want to get laid into.

I will say though that one thing giving me pause is that I basically offered 80 the excuse that he was waiting for a reaction from Stark, and he didn’t use that when he very easily could have.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:13 PM, CTM said:

Hard to argue really

Kill da bot

Unvote vote bot

On 1/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Drums said:

Vote Gata

She was the only one that jumped on the Stark train after 80s claim and did it as soon as we pointed it out to her. Something smells with that. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Integrity28 said:

unvote ctm

so, when exactly is the deadline?

i haven't done any reading yet

On 1/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, CTM said:

Think it's an hr from now..

So, an hour from deadline CTM gave the Gata train it's jolt - I know I joined it callously, but he'd bee paying attention. It'll be worthwhile coming back to depending on how some other chips fall.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:50 PM, Drums said:

GATA at L1?

On 1/12/2021 at 11:37 AM, GATA said:

Before DL 

We were fortunate not to kill a town role but we still give a free kill to mafia unless the vig shoots.

Votecount

(6) Gata - Barry, CTM, Drums, Ape, Jvill, Stark

Stark puts me at L1 

Jif doesn't vote me even tho ppl kept mentioning it.

& kdels tries to sneak the hammer in but too late. 

If JIF is scum, and you are town, the deadline becomes a great reason to hammer without consequence for him. I guess I don't understand what you're implying here. I'll keep reading...

On 1/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, Drums said:

You know, I've been thinking about this. Since D1 voting goes with the wind, 80s move could have been an attempt to nudge the voting towards Stark to finish him off. He already had like 4 votes and it only takes 7. Actually a pretty good move if 80 is indeed scum. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Jetscode1 said:

...and you vote @GATA.  Suck a bag of dicks @Drums

Vote Drums

On 1/12/2021 at 7:19 PM, Drums said:

And? I like Gata the least right now but I'm opening up some doors for conversation with what else I saw at deadline. I trust Barry and Jvill and am interested in what they think. 

Gross.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I don't have any real solid reads as of yet, and with no flips it still feels like we're on Day 1. I'll try to read back tomorrow with fresh eyes and see if I can see anything of note.

What is the point of this drop-in post. All of your other content is joke or vote, but then this... this is posturing. Big ping.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, Jetscode1 said:

^^this guy knows who town is^^

I say we lynch Drums 

I like Jetscode for town still.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, GATA said:

I don't post useless sh*t. I literally took a link of Jif's useless posts that game they were mostly gifs

OMG i can't breathe

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, JiF said:

I'd vote 1 of the following 3; Kdels, Barry or Jville.

Kdels - for the gross late vote

Barry - for calling out the gross late vote but opening the day with a vote on Gata and then me.

jville - pushing conspiracies, we've seen what the leads to.

Not quite the scum hunting I expect from JIF. Feels like loose reasoning, maybe one of the early distancing lists he'd use as scum - to separate from scum mates.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I started the gata train d1 and simply placed my vote back where it was you fruitcake.

Barry takes notices of JIF using bad reasoning, but doesn't actually think JIF is being nefarious - a townie typically would in this situation, think that someone is accusing them of something. That said, if they are scum mates... it would be a softer reaction.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, Drums said:

Ape actually said that to me a few games ago because I was being loud on D1 and getting a lot of sh*t but I feel obligated to get things going on D1 even though it always bites me in the arse. 

I did say something like this, but don't invoke me in your defense - having a self-awareness of what you do as town, makes it far easier to impersonate your town play.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I'm all in on @Drums.  Swing this muthefukker and we eliminate one scum and then we can find the rest.

Doubt I move my vote.

I'll be curious to see how firm you stand.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

leaning scum on jif, gata and that lizzy chick for now. neutral on everyone else so far - no town reads.

I don't get the drums train - just seems like typical D1 drums to me.

where the F has ape been?

Lists JIF and two layups.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, Lizard King said:

I have 4 posts. I knowi wore them with concise depth but, Which one of those jumped out as scummy

Strong defense.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:02 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote 

vote drums

I'm bored

Votes someone not on his list of 3. Very little activity transpired between the post above and this vote. FYI

On 1/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount
(5) Drums - JC, Stark, Spoot, CTM, Barry
(2) Jif - Jvill, Kdels
(1) Gata - Drums
(1) 80 - LK

(1) LK - 80

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Friday 7:30PM PST/10:30 PM EST

On 1/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount
(7) Drums - JC, Stark, Spoot, CTM, Barry, kdels, Lizard King 

(2) Gata - Drums, Ape
(1) 80 - Jvill

(1) Stark - 80

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Friday 7:30PM PST/10:30 PM EST

Already, finally putting some meat on the bones here.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, Nolder said:

The crowd gathered around Drums accusing him of fouling the air. He denied it, of course, but the crowd insisted he must have supplied it. Bored of the whole thing Barry took the lead and simply pushed Drums to the ground like a little bitch. When he tried to get up a few people quickly jumped on him and held him down. The crowd parted, the lights dimmed, a spotlight came on and from the speaker in the corner music began to play. Lizard King slowly and dramatically walked up to Drums. The crowd gasped while the music hit the chorus and lights were strobing and flashing. He pulled out his scaled and regal dick, almost snake like, slapped Drums across the face with it once, then twice, then a third time. And then in one motion he pulled a pistol from behind his belt and put a bullet in the corpse formally known as Drums. The music stopped and the lights returned to normal. The speaker crackled and the voice said:

"Drums was a villager."

Okay, good to know.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:18 AM, Nolder said:

After the exciting spectacle of Drums' execution several people broke off into smaller groups. These groups meandered around the room as they talked sometimes being loud other times whispering to one another. The speaker made a soft but noticeable thud sound and everyone turned to look at it. When nothing happened their attention turned back to each of their groups. That's when they noticed the bodies on the floor. The speaker made another thud and then:

"80 has been killed and was a villager. Lizard King has been killed and was a villager. Continue."

Interesting choices. LK death tells us nothing, because he basically had no history of content. 

On 1/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Fun game.  I like the action so far this day.  Think I'll ponder a bit before deciding...

This pinged when I first saw it. Pings again on re-read.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:09 AM, Integrity28 said:

vote jetscode

Yeah.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not quite the scum hunting I expect from JIF. Feels like loose reasoning, maybe one of the early distancing lists he'd use as scum - to separate from scum mates.

Page 11 on D2, zero kills, not a whole lot to go on.  Ironically, all 3 are still alive.  Maybe I'm jus that good? 

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2021 at 1:36 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Did you really just flip scum?

On 1/19/2021 at 1:46 PM, Integrity28 said:

Huh?

On 1/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I'm just trying to learn your intent here.  Good to see you engaged and focused.  I'm slowing working my way into thinking about this game.

On 1/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I'm a little slow and have barely paid any attention at who wanted who strung up.  Maybe you could throw in some real players in your scenario for us lazy villagers.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:16 PM, Jetscode1 said:

It gives intel on your hunt.  What are your thoughts on @GATA?  Shall we lynch her or just move on another?

Gross Jetscode is gross.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, Integrity28 said:

She may have tipped her hand as scum/vig. I’m not in a rush to decide I your second question. Why hurry? I just started playing.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I could vote Kdels.  Let's see where this goes...

Vote Kdels

On 1/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Integrity28 said:

I like my vote where it is. 

On 1/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Me too.

The rest of that interaction with JC. It feels like he's taunting me, as he knows I"ve got him - but he's not getting any heat from anyone else.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Page 11 on D2, zero kills, not a whole lot to go on.  Ironically, all 3 are still alive.  Maybe I'm jus that good? 

Just providing the reactions I had. I know it's probably irrelevant by now, but it's a fair way to catch up and give folks content to judge me by, given I don't know what's transpired. Anyway, I'm all caught up.

My top 2: barry, jetscode

FOS: kdels, spoot

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just providing the reactions I had. I know it's probably irrelevant by now, but it's a fair way to catch up and give folks content to judge me by, given I don't know what's transpired. Anyway, I'm all caught up.

Im down

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Overall game play.  I liked both coming in, looked at it again.  Barry more active figuring out the game, Kdels not doing anything.

This is after barry did the i don't care lynch me gay routine. .. I haven't read back before page 20 to vet accuraccy but I recollection is the above was true

Just now, CTM said:

This is after barry did the i don't care lynch me gay routine. .. I haven't read back before page 20 to vet accuraccy but I recollection is the above was true

this was before he did that.  Barry much more active then Kdels, not really comparable. 

23 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Leaned town on him earlier, waffling a bit today. Early on he was really digging in, last couple of votes felt a bit like following the wind, not sure what to make of his declaring Barry or kdels the lynch today.

agreed. equivocating but narrowing pool. then when called out on said narrowing offers to expand

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Obviously I’m on that train, but I kind of agree. Spoot’s explanation I think I’m ok with at the moment, GATA’s reasoning is that you never answered a question that I never asked you, and JC like you said no reasoning given at all.

I don’t think there’s much of anything to make of the fact that no one hammered you. If you are town, scum could just as easily be wanting to avoid hammering a townie.

If it wasn’t for the fact that for GATA to be scum she would have had to pull off that gigantic ruse about not understanding the setup I think she’d be the easy vote today. As it stands, I’m open to you (vote on Drums alone was deserving of some pressure and I hate your reaction to it), JC (agree with your earlier takes on him and this take), and Kdels (now that I understand JiF’s case on him, but I like that he didn’t hammer you when he was here and he could have done so out of self preservation).

Question for you though: you said you could vote any of those pigs, but why’d you choose JC.

good post, disagree on spoot tho

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Barry takes notices of JIF using bad reasoning, but doesn't actually think JIF is being nefarious - a townie typically would in this situation, think that someone is accusing them of something. That said, if they are scum mates... it would be a softer reaction.

I did say something like this, but don't invoke me in your defense - having a self-awareness of what you do as town, makes it far easier to impersonate your town play.

I'll be curious to see how firm you stand.

Lists JIF and two layups.

Strong defense.

Votes someone not on his list of 3. Very little activity transpired between the post above and this vote. FYI

^ good points on barry, particualrly bolded

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You're a special kind of stupid, CTM.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

lol, well 80 was town clouseau

Detective Chimp - Wikipedia

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

this was before he did that.  Barry much more active then Kdels, not really comparable. 

right your post though was after Barry said omg gay just lynch me.. i was agreeing with your overall observation while admitting i had been largely skimming

22 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Oh, I'm skimming.  The game is just now drawing my attention. 

Are you trying to change gears or just probing?  

just commenting.

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

let me help you

vote barry

again?

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Votecount

(4) Barry - Gata, jvill, Spoot, JC

(2) kdels  - Jif, Stark

(2) JC - Ape, Barry

(1) Stark - CTM

(1) Jif - Kdels

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday 6:30 PM PST/ 9:30 PM EST

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

let me help you

vote barry

@Nolder are you wanting us to unvote? Is this all current?

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think barry /spoot are tops in my book

Don't really see the case on kdels, I guess I need to read back further though.. ugh

jvill and gata most townish to me

agree. Jvill is, as town reading as it gets.

• Upvote 1