The "I want to get banned" thread

nycdan

Shatner has had an interesting career.  But his work on Boston Legal was overlooked.  His comedic talents shined with James Spader as his straight man.  It was perfect casting although I suspect the role was written for him as opposed to the other way around.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Denny Crane!

Unfortunately I missed that as I've been raising kids for about 18 years. My head is been stuck firmly in Pixar and Disney lol.

As far as comedic acting I think Shatner and I compare him with Adam West the original Batman from the 60s I think they're geniuses. Very few guys can reach that level of being funny without trying to be funny. It's almost like you're waiting for the punchline and for them to break character and they never do?

You have to wonder if Shatner has the World by the balls and totally gets what's going on, or if he thinks who he is, and doesn't get that we're laughing AT him!?

Especially with Shatner he's so full of himself you have no idea if he actually thinks he's good or if he's completely playing us LOL! He's a master!

Another example would be Christopher Walken. Is he dead serious or is he nuts? Does he get it and he's just playing a parody of himself? Any kind of performance entertainers are amazing especially when they keep you guessing. You can throw in Madonna and Prince also Jim Carrey and Will Ferrell.

if you haven't seen the movie version of Land of the Lost check it out! You'll wonder why you're watching it but you can't shut it off LOL!

sincerely,

Jack Handey

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Well he spent a year in jail before the trial and was bankrupted afterwards but yes, he did beat the charges.  I think Fred may have been his alibi.

..really ?.. i thought  Kato was his alibi   ?

Marcia-Clark-Watching-American-Crime-Sto