Game Thread: Crusher and JiF renew their vows

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, neither 80 or Drums has responded like I could be scum. A totally moral consideration for townies. Both have subconsciously responded as though they know I’m town, and have chose to address my concerns - rather than suspect nefarious intent.

Its very revealing.

The basic townie instinct to suspect townies that target you is very hard to take as scum. The knowledge of other alignments messes with unconscious bias towards reaction.

season 7 GIF

Right.  And if I went after you for your terrible case on me you'd be yelling about OMGUS and how that confirms I'm scum.  

You barely played this game until today.  You were just Ape being Ape when you FOS'd me and 3 others.  Even being adamant that I'm scum still didn't raise any red flags from my perspective.  But now I'm not so sure you remain in the neutral pile any longer with an argument as bad as this.  

On 2/20/2021 at 5:19 PM, CTM said:

Vote APE

Most pro town vote possible.

Haven't seen my pm yet, if I'm scum I reserve the right to withdraw this vote.

So I am all the way back on page 3 doing a re-read and this caught my attention as a possible thought. Nolder was at 3 votes already. Could be nothing.

But then Nolder does get a good amount of heat and CTM places a "joke vote" on him. Looking back, that was not the time for joke votes as pressure was being applied and we were working with something. I do not see it as a joke in hindsight. 

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

normal play is much more involved and more inquisitive. This game isn't playing out that way or it doesn't feel that way. I am getting scummy feeling going back over your posts. could you tell me why you said you think 80 might be town, based on what?

I am not factoring in the PR either. 

I don't know if 80 is town right now, I am re-reading. After day 1, I liked him. I don't get the same "frustrated scum" as some were bringing up because I've seen it from him as town in my most regrettable game ever. His defense after Ape's case didn't look great at first but then he settled down. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:46 AM, Nolder said:

Not really seeing anything stand out as obviously scummy tbh but now that we have a deadline I think it's time to kick things into gear. Gonna follow my guy JC he usually has good instincts and besides Barry is voting me so **** that guy.

Vote Barry

On 2/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Spoot-Face said:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/jOcIwQiKUBn2g/giphy-downsized-large.gif

unvote

vote Nolder

So as I was saying, after Day 1 I thought 80 was really the first to catch Nolder but when I looked back I saw Spoot did. Then I realized 80 was posting responses to other things so maybe he didn't see it. 

On 2/22/2021 at 2:13 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

In my experience, the guy that tries really hard to get the game going out of serious mode first has a higher likelihood of being scum than the usual percentage would suggest.  This post and vote sucks.  You're not even giving your own reason here, just JC's.  

Vote Nolder

But then 80 makes this post like an hour after Spoot. So 80, what took you so long? Did you just not notice it or what?

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Drums said:

Mr. Nolder, this is confusing. 80, with only 5 pages as you say, tries to make a read while you simply follow JC’s intuition. Then you insult his effort?

Sad thing is, I'm the only one that questions his response to 80 and I don't even vote him. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:13 AM, The Crusher said:

vote 80

I just modded a game with a watcher so Crush would have had to see 80 attempt a kill on someone. Crusher also knows he dies immediately as town. In the past, he just comes out and says his role and his info. Claiming Crush saw something as your main reason to vote 80 is bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I just modded a game with a watcher so Crush would have had to see 80 attempt a kill on someone. Crusher also knows he dies immediately as town. In the past, he just comes out and says his role and his info. Claiming Crush saw something as your main reason to vote 80 is bollocks. 

Correction: Not even a kill, just a visit. Either way, I am not sure this holds up as an argument.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Drums said:

So I am all the way back on page 3 doing a re-read and this caught my attention as a possible thought. Nolder was at 3 votes already. Could be nothing.

But then Nolder does get a good amount of heat and CTM places a "joke vote" on him. Looking back, that was not the time for joke votes as pressure was being applied and we were working with something. I do not see it as a joke in hindsight. 

It was a joke vote cause I hadn't really read the thread bor was there much content 

I was also fine with lynching him too though. So it was a joke vote at what you are calling a non joking time.because frankly the potential impact of non serious vote (nolder getting dead) was of 0 concern to me. 

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

It was a joke vote cause I hadn't really read the thread bor was there much content 

I was also fine with lynching him too though. So it was a joke vote at what you are calling a non joking time.because frankly the potential impact of non serious vote (nolder getting dead) was of 0 concern to me. 

Unfortunately there is no way to prove that. What is giving me pause is what your motive would be as scum to do it. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right.  And if I went after you for your terrible case on me you'd be yelling about OMGUS and how that confirms I'm scum.  

You barely played this game until today.  You were just Ape being Ape when you FOS'd me and 3 others.  Even being adamant that I'm scum still didn't raise any red flags from my perspective.  But now I'm not so sure you remain in the neutral pile any longer with an argument as bad as this.  

This is not a good argument. Your attempt to course correct is noted.

29 minutes ago, Drums said:

He legit posts that in every game we play, scum.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

It’s not my main reason.

Why are you defending 80? I get defending yourself, but to pivot to making the same argument Spoot did to defend 80 is a sudden twist.

I like my logic.

All these attempts to deflect, explain and poke holes reek of scum trying to figure their way out - and dancing around whether “I know” or an just a great ******* scum hunter.

News flash: it’s the latter.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Don’t explain yourself to this flailing scum.

25 minutes ago, Drums said:

So as I was saying, after Day 1 I thought 80 was really the first to catch Nolder but when I looked back I saw Spoot did. Then I realized 80 was posting responses to other things so maybe he didn't see it. 

But then 80 makes this post like an hour after Spoot. So 80, what took you so long? Did you just not notice it or what?

Shade at 80...

15 minutes ago, Drums said:

Defends 80...

Hahaha... Drums had no idea how to play this as 80’s scum mate. Flailing!!!

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Shade at 80...

Defends 80...

Hahaha... Drums had no idea how to play this as 80’s scum mate. Flailing!!!

Maybe because we are not together? I know it is hard to. believe. Sorry to disappoint you. 

Just now, Drums said:

Maybe because we are not together? I know it is hard to. believe. Sorry to disappoint you. 

No, you just ****ed up bouncing between here at the QT. Sorta lost track of who was supposed to be saying what as you coach each other.

I’m reading it.

My power role is to climb up your sphincter and follow you into your QT.

(This is a joke, idiots.)

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't like this post. Especially the bold.

30 minutes ago, Drums said:

I also didn't like the tone of the post. Felt contrived.

Despite me breaking down Ape's "Crusher caught 80" argument, I'm leaning back towards the idea that 80 is Scum, like I originally thought.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I also didn't like the tone of the post. Felt contrived.

Despite me breaking down Ape's "Crusher caught 80" argument, I'm leaning back towards the idea that 80 is Scum, like I originally thought.

I mean, if I were scum or 3rd party - I’d see this as the only play.

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Before going back to read I would say Bum is a top scum candidate for me. Did not vote Nolder, hasn't posted anything of substance, attempts to suss people but not really. I can't tell if it is because he has only played one game or because he is scum.

What I noticed on a glance that he and 80 both have me in town on day 3. As James Bond, I know I have raised some questions for not "sounding like my normal self" as a few have posted, so I think it is okay to be skeptical of me. I am indeed town but it is something to chew on.  Oh and kiss my ass for calling me contrived. I have to think of my wording to stay in character. GFY.

James Bond > Screech

Stop whining you contriving bitch.

lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, if I were scum or 3rd party - I’d see this as the only play.

Yes, you caught the entire rest of the Scum team -- 80, Drums, and me -- you're so good.

And this fear mongering and  insistence that there's 3rd party ******* stinks. Not to mention tying players together.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What exactly is the problem?  The more Ape pushes bad logic the more likely he’s scum.  His case on me started as illogical and is now crossing the line into him building a narrative.  

And now he’s trying to tie Drums into it. Drums may well be scum but Ape trying to set up multiple lynches is shady.  Drums is, however, one of my top town reads so that impacts my judgment there.

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, you caught the entire rest of the Scum team -- 80, Drums, and me -- you're so good.

And this fear mongering and  insistence that there's 3rd party ******* stinks. Not to mention tying players together.

It's not fear mongering, you scum tard.

If there's 2 deaths in a night, then yes, you have to consider there might be scum + a third party. It's basic sh*t. Like when someone pretends to have a lie detector, they always ask you to say "not scum or 3rd party".

Y'all are really pinned down right now, the fringe things you're tying to attack are silly really.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What exactly is the problem?  The more Ape pushes bad logic the more likely he’s scum.  His case on me started as illogical and is now crossing the line into him building a narrative.  

And now he’s trying to tie Drums into it. Drums may well be scum but Ape trying to set up multiple lynches is shady.  Drums is, however, one of my top town reads so that impacts my judgment there.

1. Accusations of bad logic, without showing it = scum.

2. "Now he's trying to tie Drums into it" = in my original FOS post that YOU quoted and commented on "half the game... blah blah" I included you and Drums. I've been on BOTH of you since my re-read.

3. Accusing me of trying to set up multiple lynches is another slip. If either of you flips town, as you say you are and think he is, then everyone stops listening to me. The only way it sets up multiple lynches is if the first of you lynched flips scum. So, I say again, you guys seem like a pair of caught scum that are mis-playing every reply.

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Can someone define QT?

quicktopic

its a secondary forum for the scum team

the place where you've been watching 80 and Drums bicker over whose fault it is that i just ass raped your team

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We should team up. Wanna team up? 

You know it wouldn't be a proper JIF and Crusher wedding if the groomsmen didn't bang the groomsmen.

I’ll team up.  Unless you’re dead set on the ass raping thing, in which case volunteering defeats the purpose. 

Just to be clear, I’m NOT consenting ;)

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is @Drums in your town pile again?

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Day 3 Vote Count:

CTM (1) - 80

80 (3) - Ape, CTM, Stark

Ape (1) - Spoot

Spoot (1) - Green

w/ 10 players remaining, it takes 6 to remove from wedding

52 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

James Bond > Screech

Stop whining you contriving bitch.

lol