Season Tickets Availability

This is and was expected with the outdoor capacity limitations in place in N.J. 

PSL owners/season ticket holders are probably being offered first right of refusal. 

As N.J  increases if they increase outdoor capacities I'm quite sure the NY Jets will release more tickets to the general public.  

MARCH 8, 2021

MetLife Stadium is excited to welcome fans back at 15 percent capacity.

As the months go on, we are hopeful that the data will continue to be positive and the number of people allowed into MetLife Stadium will steadily increase. The health and safety of our fans, players, staff, and those in our communities remain our top priority and we will continue to follow the guidance of Governor Murphy and state health officials.

We missed seeing our loyal fans at stadium events this past year and are excited to welcome them back in 2021.

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don't know about that. I got a call from the Jets two weeks ago trying to get me to buy season tickets. I don't think they've ever reached out to me directly before. If it was, maybe it was more than 5 or 6 years ago. 

There are still seats available just not as many as I thought 

Way too soon for any of this.  First, the deadline for STH to renew is this week, so the Jets are just finding out who is coming back and who is not.   Then the Jets will have to painstakingly contact every STH who has not responded yet (a ton of fans  no response per my rep).   The Jets will likely allow covid-concerned PSL holders to opt out for the season if they elect to without any threat of losing PSL rights (highly likely per my rep).   There will be a good number of PSL holders who want to opt out of 2021 due to the continuing issues of Covid-19 here (currently on a surge).   New Jersey is a long way from declaring what percent capacity will be allowed in the fall.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Way too soon for any of this.  First, the deadline for STH to renew is this week, so the Jets are just finding out who is coming back and who is not.   Then the Jets will have to painstakingly contact every STH who has not responded yet (a ton of fans  no response per my rep).   The Jets will likely allow covid-concerned PSL holders to opt out for the season if they elect to without any threat of losing PSL rights (highly likely per my rep).   There will be a good number of PSL holders who want to opt out of 2021 due to the continuing issues of Covid-19 here (currently on a surge).   New Jersey is a long way from declaring what percent capacity will be allowed in the fall.  

I had to opt in or out by last month.

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I had to opt in or out by last month.

The official deadline for renewal was yesterday IIRC.  If you are a PSL holder and have health concerns, just call your rep.  I did yesterday and at length.  That's where I got the 411 on the present situation, which of course is fluid.    

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The official deadline for renewal was yesterday IIRC.  If you are a PSL holder and have health concerns, just call your rep.  I did yesterday and at length.  That's where I got the 411 on the present situation, which of course is fluid.    

I didn't get any kind of correspondence from the Jets.  I just saw that I was charged yesterday.  I do expect capacity to increase, but it won't be full.  I'm leaning towards out for the year, again.

Anyhow, good info.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kolchak said:

I didn't get any kind of correspondence from the Jets.  I just saw that I was charged yesterday.  I do expect capacity to increase, but it won't be full.  I'm leaning towards out for the year, again.

Same I got charged 

1 hour ago, Kolchak said:

I eliminated the auto-charge last season.

5 hours ago, RSJ said:

The entire ticket thing is interesting. It doesnt seem like ticket prices on the secondary market have increased in other sports. I would have expected them to with shorter supply.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Shorter supply but less demand too.

As vaccinations ramp up I'm guessing demand will continue to grow.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Shorter supply but less demand too.

As vaccinations ramp up I'm guessing demand will continue to grow.

Also an income provider in the household may be laid off or making less so there is less disposable income available. Going to a game isn't cheap and will be the first thing cut out.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Also an income provider in the household may be laid off or making less so there is less disposable income available. Going to a game isn't cheap and will be the first thing cut out.

So you're saying eating or keeping a roof over your head is more important than a NY Jets game. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yeah, I'm guessing the Jets are handling the ticket situation like they handle their QBs.  Not making any commitments right now.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I renewed and am still in 246A (despite living like 2,500 miles from the stadium).  On the list of self-destructive habits in life I keep telling myself that there are worse addictions to have than this damn football franchise (although not by much!).

I sell or give my tickets away to family and friends for the games I can't go to, but really looking forward to getting back there in the Fall for a game or two again.

One thing I did a couple years ago but haven't tried this year is relocating my seats for free within my same price level.  Anyone know if that's still possible and allowed?  I used to be in 246A Row 9, but moved down a few rows a couple years ago without a problem.

pai22i1orp2zvk2ylxeu.thumb.jpeg.dc37b64819840189d675638cc5343c30.jpeg

• Upvote 1

If you’re going based on the map on their website they have lousy seats.  I’m sure if you call they have much better seats available.  The Jets like most other teams play games with seat upgrades.

I paid in full again for this season. I’m not anticipating full capacity but we will see.  When I spoke to the Jets recently they made it seem like more info would be available in July but there would be an opt out option.  They were hoping for more than 15% capacity (I spoke to them before they increased it recently). 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If you’re going based on the map on their website they have lousy seats.  I’m sure if you call they have much better seats available.  The Jets like most other teams play games with seat upgrades.

I paid in full again for this season. I’m not anticipating full capacity but we will see.  When I spoke to the Jets recently they made it seem like more info would be available in July but there would be an opt out option.  They were hoping for more than 15% capacity (I spoke to them before they increased it recently). 

If 5 months from now we're not able to get stadiums up to at least 50% capacity for outdoor seating then we have bigger problems to worry about than attending games.  It would likely mean society is still struggling with COVID issues for some reason (e.g. variants for which the vaccines aren't effective).  Let's hope things keep improving.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I renewed and am still in 246A (despite living like 2,500 miles from the stadium).  On the list of self-destructive habits in life I keep telling myself that there are worse addictions to have than this damn football franchise (although not by much!).

I sell or give my tickets away to family and friends for the games I can't go to, but really looking forward to getting back there in the Fall for a game or two again.

One thing I did a couple years ago but haven't tried this year is relocating my seats for free within my same price level.  Anyone know if that's still possible and allowed?  I used to be in 246A Row 9, but moved down a few rows a couple years ago without a problem.

pai22i1orp2zvk2ylxeu.thumb.jpeg.dc37b64819840189d675638cc5343c30.jpeg

Yes you can.  I had them scour my section for any abandoned STH (trying to move more towards midfield).  But right now they are still waiting on responses from everyone so they aren't ready yet.  They said to call back in a month or so.  But definitely let your rep know you are interested.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If 5 months from now we're not able to get stadiums up to at least 50% capacity for outdoor seating then we have bigger problems to worry about than attending games.  It would likely mean society is still struggling with COVID issues for some reason (e.g. variants for which the vaccines aren't effective).  Let's hope things keep improving.

The Rangers have full capacity already. Everyone who wants to be vaxed will be by the end of May or so. There’s no reason not to let people go to ballgames. Covid thankfully has wrapped up. 

• Upvote 1