Fullback

derp

What do the Jets do here? The 49ers have the best in the league in Juszczyk and the Packers used the fullback position as well. Is the answer already on the roster (Wesco?), do they draft somebody (Ben Mason?), some other route?

Feel like this is a guy we’re going to see on the field a lot, know there was talk of grabbing Juszczyk before he re-signed and I’m really tired of the other conversations on the board right now so hoping to get thoughts on something else.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Tommy Tremble with our second third round pick.  He's a beast at the point of attack and can catch.  Line him up in the backfield or motion him out to a two TE formation.  

Weapons.

Love Tremble, I think he’s an awesome fit. Jets need a long-term answer at TE too. He’s twitchy in a way that a lot of the league’s best tight ends seem to be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Tommy Tremble with our second third round pick.  He's a beast at the point of attack and can catch.  Line him up in the backfield or motion him out to a two TE formation.  

Weapons.

This is our guy. Like you said, he’s a beast and seems to love those collisions. Plus he’s very athletic. 4.59 forty, 36.5” vertical and 10’2” broad jump.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Well...yeah.

This Shanny WCO has made prominent use of the FB for 25+ years. The 49ers just gave yet another $4-5 million a year contract to a 30 year old FB.

Have people already forgotten the difference that a guy like Tony Richardson made in the running game during his time here?

I’d absolutely consider using a late round pick on a guy like Mason.

At least it’s something different to talk about. Instead of the incessant Zach Wilson chatter or the Deshaun Watson babble that has zero percent chance of happening, especially now.

Its a good post and good question. Important role in wc offense. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Weapons.

Seems pretty early for him, no? Some of the boards and rankings I see have that guy going after Rd 4.

For fullback, I was thinking Ben Mason of Michigan somewhere towards the end of day three.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Seems pretty early for him, no? Some of the boards and rankings I see have that guy going after Rd 4.

For fullback, I was thinking Ben Mason of Michigan somewhere towards the end of day three.

It might be early, but I prefer taking them when I can over hoping they fall. 

• Upvote 1