How about taking Walker Little, Tackle out of Stanford with the #23 pick?

Alka

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He played at a small school program.  We would never take someone at 2 from a small school program.   

..if u  wanna/have to  go to school on the  west/Left  coast...

Stanford-University.jpg

p.s.  just an fyi,.. stanford university is  NOT  a "  small school program ":beer:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, Greenseed4 said:

This guy was a stud. Moves like a TE. 

I've gone back to read up more on Little.  At 6'7" and around 310 pounds, he could definitely put on 20 or 30 pounds without a problem.  He needs to improve his strength as well.  He was at 320 pounds already according to his bio.

Once he gets drafted, I believe he will need a year with professional training and a red-shirt year.  In his second year, he could be an unmovable object at right tackle.

With the Jets needs for an immediate starter on the O line, I unfortunately don't see the Jets taking a huge interest in him until the 3rd round, and I don't think he will make it until then.

Just for more information, he was the #1 offensive line prospect coming out of high school.  His grandfather and uncle both played in the NFL, so the bloodlines are there.

If he makes it to the 3rd round, and the Jets have not yet drafted a tackle, I could see the Jets pouncing on him then.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

A ridiculous reach. He's a 3rd or 4th rd talent.

Actually based on talent he is a bit better than a 3rd or 4th round guy, but due to injury and opting out he may find himself in that range.  Personally, I think he definitely goes on day 2, we was really good prior to injury.  I have zero idea just how healthy he is or what he looked like during pro day, but if fully recovered he’ll be good value for some team out there.  

Why do so many people want to take a tackle?
The weakness of the line is in the interior, and in particular, the guard spots. Do people not get this? Do they not care? 

If you inserted two really good guards (each above average) into the Jets OL, their starting group would be very good. 
Now, obviously you can take a tackle who is versatile and can play inside until they decide to move on from Fant. That is fine. But Fant is fine at RT for the foreseeable future. 

The weakness of our offensive line is everyone not named becton. Most of our line would not even be good for depth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Actually based on talent he is a bit better than a 3rd or 4th round guy, but due to injury and opting out he may find himself in that range.  Personally, I think he definitely goes on day 2, we was really good prior to injury.  I have zero idea just how healthy he is or what he looked like during pro day, but if fully recovered he’ll be good value for some team out there.  

It's such a strong class of offensive lineman. That's why i see him there.