How about taking Walker Little, Tackle out of Stanford with the #23 pick?

Alka

He is 6'7", 307 pounds, and is from a small school.  He has not played a lot since 2019 due to injury, but is now completely healthy.  Walker said that he considers himself the best Tackle in the draft, and he would be willing to consider moving to guard if he was asked.

He probably won't go in the top half of the first round, since he has been inactive for a long time, and just doesn't have the value in the top 15-20 picks, but many feel that he could be a "sleeper" in the draft this year.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Honestly people acting like Little is a mid round talent is far dumber then taking him at 23.....lots of people showing ignorance but I guess that's par for the course around here.

Perhaps I should have started the thread with taking him at #34?  Without his injury in 2019 and him opting out for Covid this past year, he might have been a top 12 draft pick this year. I'm just speculating what offensive linemen will be available at #23, and if the value is there to take one of them?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

Honestly people acting like Little is a mid round talent is far dumber then taking him at 23.....lots of people showing ignorance but I guess that's par for the course around here.

I guess we shall see at the draft.

I am thinking the dummies will agree with the actual gms on this one.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Perhaps I should have started the thread with taking him at #34?  Without his injury in 2019 and him opting out for Covid this past year, he might have been a top 12 draft pick this year. I'm just speculating what offensive linemen will be available at #23, and if the value is there to take one of them?

Yep the trajectory he was on he could have been a top 10 pick...not sure where he is gonna be taken but he's being mocked in the late third...it's certainly possible reporters have no clue where he's going and could be taken in the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I guess we shall see at the draft.

I am thinking the dummies will agree with the actual gms on this one.

It's not about agreeing or not agreeing nobody who has a clue thinks he's a mid round talent other factors will drop him.  Instead of all the snarky uneducated comments how about just discussing the player.   I guess that might take too much time to educate yourselves....or just don't comment if you are clueless about the player.

Why do so many people want to take a tackle?

The weakness of the line is in the interior, and in particular, the guard spots. Do people not get this? Do they not care? 

If you inserted two really good guards (each above average) into the Jets OL, their starting group would be very good. 

Now, obviously you can take a tackle who is versatile and can play inside until they decide to move on from Fant. That is fine. But Fant is fine at RT for the foreseeable future. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Alka said:

He is 6'7", 307 pounds, and is from a small school.  He has not played a lot since 2019 due to injury, but is now completely healthy.  Walker said that he considers himself the best Tackle in the draft, and he would be willing to consider moving to guard if he was asked.

He probably won't go in the top half of the first round, since he has been inactive for a long time, and just doesn't have the value in the top 15-20 picks, but many feel that he could be a "sleeper" in the draft this year.

What do you think?

Waste a 1st rounder on a "sleeper" who hasn't played for quite awhile....... NO THANKS ! 

8 hours ago, Alka said:

What do you think?

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes in round 1 and thought about him at 23 the other day.  Looked like a first-round talent before getting injured and then opted out last season.  Should be fully healed.  Watched quite a bit of him  after remembering somebody saying he was a day 1 pick.  Thing is, can he move to RT?  If he can, you're getting a guy who can slide over to LT if Becton's injuries continue to be a thing.  Elite OT who can be insurance on the left side.  I'd do it.

Edited by AFJF

9 hours ago, Alka said:

What do you think?

I had never heard of him before but, if what you say is true and he says he's the best tackle coming out this year... I'm not sure how you don't take him at 23 if by some miracle he is still there. Tbh, after hearing this, I think you need to strongly consider taking him @2 overall. MAYBE move down a couple spots, but definitely no further than Atl