Top 3 Favorites for Super Bowl LVI

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Individually was enough for now. Will tinker with exact matchup futures when the season starts. I'm high on Rams now and think price will shrink quickly when they start lighting up the NFC. Titans are just a hunch.

I also pissed away a bit on the Jets making the wildcard. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

Individually was enough for now. Will tinker with exact matchup futures when the season starts. I'm high on Rams now and think price will shrink quickly when they start lighting up the NFC. Titans are just a hunch.

I also pissed away a bit on the Jets making the wildcard. 

Titans and Rams are my SB pick. With Rams winning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Rams Chiefs. The only team that might challenge the Rams is the Packers if rodgers plays, but even then their defense leaves a lot to be desired against good QBs. And in the AFC, you have a grand total of 1 complete team.

Chiefs are favorites for a reason, no doubt about that. WIll take some adversity for Chiefs to be vulnerable.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, rangerous said:

i don't know.  i'm still not that sold on the bills as a powerhouse team.  they have allen but the guy they picked up that makes the difference is diggs.  is he in a contract year?  and then guys like jerry hughes are one year older.  i wouldn't count out the patsies and the jets at least splitting with thiem this season.  as for the talk about the rams, too much the glamour team.  it's la after all.  tampa is going to be tough assuming they stay healthy.  kc too. a pass rush plus bad oline did mahomes in.  plus i think he was a little beat up.  it'll be interesting to see if those teams are still hungry.

Bills we’re steamrolling teams toward the end of last season. I’m a believer in Allen and don’t think he is a 1 year wonder. I think Mahomes v Allen is going to be the NFL’s new Brady vs Manning.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Ravens have to be # 3, no?

Eh, i’m off the Lamar bandwagon. I think the Browns are very good underrated team.

Dolphins would be too if they didn’t hitch their wagon to Tua.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I just don’t see Tannehill ever in a Super Bowl.

Every time they make the playoffs they hide Tannehill and just run, run, run.

Super bowl takes a lot of things to break right. Will he ever get there? Dunno but he’s definitely good enough to.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Super bowl takes a lot of things to break right. Will he ever get there? Dunno but he’s definitely good enough to.

Is he good enough in the way that Trent Dilfer was good enough (in a perfect situation they can get there), sure.

But I disagree that he is conventionally good enough.

11 minutes ago, Facts said:

Is he good enough in the way that Trent Dilfer was good enough (in a perfect situation they can get there), sure.

But I disagree that he is conventionally good enough.

Comparing Tannehill to Dilfer is the weakest argument I have ever seen on the Internet. And I go on flat earth forums for a laugh.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Comparing Tannehill to Dilfer is the weakest argument I have ever seen on the Internet. And I go on flat earth forums for a laugh.

There was no comparison to Dilfer in my post. You may want to read it again.

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Bills we’re steamrolling teams toward the end of last season. I’m a believer in Allen and don’t think he is a 1 year wonder. I think Mahomes v Allen is going to be the NFL’s new Brady vs Manning.

maybe not but it's hard to keep teams together for long periods these days.  this will be allen's 4th season so he's going to wanting the big money and eventually it all catches up.  same thing goes for kansas city.

• Upvote 2

Last weekend me and my older brother just dropped $200 on the Jets ($100 a piece) @ +10000 odds to win the SB for $20,200 in return ($10,100 each).

We've done this every year since 2008 and the closest we've gotten was 2009 & 2010. 

So far I'm $1,300 in the hole but hopefully one day it'll all become worth it and the Jets will pay me back with a SB win. 

I plan on hedging my bets after training camp to avoid injuries with $20 each on...

Jets making the playoffs @ +440 ($108 in return).

Zach Wilson ROY @ +800 (180 in return). 

Michael Carter ROY @ +3300 ($680 in return).

Elijah Moore ROY @ +4000 ($820 in return).

C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year @ +10000 ($2,020 in return). 

Just to spice things up and make my 2021 season more exciting than it already is and heck even if none of the above happens and I throw away my $200 I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it back with my 3 pick parlays on Saturdays and Sundays; regardless I'm so fired up to BBQ on Football Sundays with my big brother (coach Saleh has me fired up again).

I was trying to warm everyone heading into Indiana game 1 that under coach Thibs my Knicks would make the playoffs was so confident and over excited dropped my favorite lucky #7's  $777 @ +1400 odds for $11,655 in return!!! By far my biggest win ever and can't wait until my Jets pay me back the same; unfortunately I'll never receive those Knicks odds again so in order for a + payout I'm taking them next year to make it out of the first round with my lucky $7's.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would probably agree but it depends who you ask. A lot of people are on the "Browns will win the AFC North" bandwagon... I'll buy into that when I see it.\

Really, there are a few teams (Titans, Colts, Browns, etc,) in that mix and I wouldn't be shocked if one of them broke out.

I'm still kind of a Lamar skeptic, personally. I don't trust him to win a big game against a good defense. I just don't think he's good enough as a passer.

History has shown that QBs like Jackson fade over time. They lose a half step defenses figure them out more and more and they are not good enough to win from the pocket. Newton has been bad for 6 or 7 years but he still has people thinking he can still play. Signing Jackson is very risky long term. 

I also think Seatlle faded last year because Wilson finally lost a half step

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

History has shown that QBs like Jackson fade over time. They lose a half step defenses figure them out more and more and they are not good enough to win from the pocket. Newton has been bad for 6 or 7 years but he still has people thinking he can still play. Signing Jackson is very risky long term. 

I also think Seatlle faded last year because Wilson finally lost a half step

I don't know man. He's only 24 years of age in comparison to Russe Wilson who's now 32 years old.

He's a dual threat QB who will not only smoke you with his legs but also destroy you as a passer.

Lamar Jackson:

30-7 overall (.810%).

Passing: 606/947 (64.0%), 7,085 passing yards, 68 TDs/18 INTs (3.77 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 102.6 (4th All-Time behind only Rodgers/Watson/Mahomes). 

Rushing; 482 rushing attempts for 2,906 rushing yards (6.0 yards per run) and 19 rushing TDs. 

Combined throughout first 3 years: 3 Playoff appearances, 9,991 yards and 87 Offensive TDs. 

History has actually shown that QBs like Jackson "don't fade over time" because there has never been an NFL QB quite like Jackson to compare him to (don't say Vick either because after 3 years Vick can't wash this kids jockstrap). 

What Lamar has done throughout his first 3 seasons is absolutely incredible and @ only 24 years of age Baltimore Ravens entire fan base would quit Football if Baltimore's front office didn't sign this kid long-term and he's definitely getting extended and signed long-term (100% too).

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Last weekend me and my older brother just dropped $200 on the Jets ($100 a piece) @ +10000 odds to win the SB for $20,200 in return ($10,100 each).

We've done this every year since 2008 and the closest we've gotten was 2009 & 2010. 

So far I'm $1,300 in the hole but hopefully one day it'll all become worth it and the Jets will pay me back with a SB win. 

For many, many years, business would bring me to Vegas a lot and when there I would always bet $100 on the Jets to win the AFC Championship. The thinking was that the winnings would help finance a trip to the Super Bowl.

Needless to say, I never cashed a ticket.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

They have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and an ancient QB who can't throw anymore. I think Pittsburgh is toast.  I would be surprised if they finish above .500

Remind me, when was the last time Pittsburgh finished below .500?

Oh, right, it was 2003 (18 years ago).

Since 1990 Pittsburgh has finished under .500 a grand total of 4 times in 30 years (2003, 1999, 1998 & 1991).

I think the surprise would be if Pittsburgh finished under .500, not over, lol.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

History has actually shown that QBs like Jackson "don't fade over time" because there has never been an NFL QB quite like Jackson to compare him to (don't say Vick either because after 3 years Vick can't wash this kids jockstrap). 

Do you ever post anything that isn't a massive hyperbole/exaggeration?

Jackson has been very good in a very specific, very pass-scheme-limited role.  He's certainly silenced his doubters (like me) during that draft leadup.

He is not, however, unique in the history of the NFL.  We've had a number of dual-threat QB's at this point. 

And yes, Mike Vick was exactly the same type of QB Jackson is.  Vick not 'holding his jockstrap' is neither accurate nor relevant to their possessing very similar on-field skill-sets.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:33 PM, nycdan said:

If Rodgers goes to DEN they would probably move way up.

But if I had to pick a 3rd choice after KC and TB, I think I might go with LAR.  I think Stafford could be electric there and it would be pretty cool to see.  I don't think anyone can beat KC in the AFC if they are healthy and that new OLine looks pretty promising.

Agree.  Goff was really holding them back.  The HC/OC SM did a great job considering, but even a novice fan could see that Goff was a bottleneck.  Stafford is a good QB that was limited by his circumstances.  Both the Rams and Stafford are about to cash in... 

On 7/13/2021 at 10:40 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know man. He's only 24 years of age in comparison to Russe Wilson who's now 32 years old.

He's a dual threat QB who will not only smoke you with his legs but also destroy you as a passer.

Lamar Jackson:

30-7 overall (.810%).

Passing: 606/947 (64.0%), 7,085 passing yards, 68 TDs/18 INTs (3.77 TD-to-INT Ratio) along with a QB Rating of 102.6 (4th All-Time behind only Rodgers/Watson/Mahomes). 

Rushing; 482 rushing attempts for 2,906 rushing yards (6.0 yards per run) and 19 rushing TDs. 

Combined throughout first 3 years: 3 Playoff appearances, 9,991 yards and 87 Offensive TDs. 

What Lamar has done throughout his first 3 seasons is absolutely incredible and @ only 24 years of age Baltimore Ravens entire fan base would quit Football if Baltimore's front office didn't sign this kid long-term and he's definitely getting extended and signed long-term (100% too).

The argument could be made that he has already started to fade.

His TD’s are down YOY, his INT’s are up, his 1st downs are down, his yards are down, etc.

Im certainly not saying that he will completely disappear, but I doubt he accomplishes much more than a Romo type career (at best). Meaning, make the playoffs every so often but never accomplish anything meaningful like a conf championship or SB - not comparing the type of player Romo is to Jackson.

Theres only so far you can go with a  QB that throws for 2700 yards 

1 hour ago, Facts said:

The argument could be made that he has already started to fade.

His TD’s are down YOY, his INT’s are up, his 1st downs are down, his yards are down, etc.

Im certainly not saying that he will completely disappear, but I doubt he accomplishes much more than a Romo type career (at best). Meaning, make the playoffs every so often but never accomplish anything meaningful like a conf championship or SB - not comparing the type of player Romo is to Jackson.

Theres only so far you can go with a  QB that throws for 2700 yards 

He went 11-4 last year and and only threw for 2,757 passing yards because he was also running for 1,005 rushing yards (7 TD's) and let's not talk about his INTs "going up" when he only threw 9 INTs last year. 

He's got a record of 30-7 and just last year alone as a 3rd year QB he went 242/376 (64.4%), 2,757 passing yards, 26 TDs/9 INTs and another 159 rushing attempts for 1,005 rushing yards (an insane 6.3 yards per run) with 7 rushing TDs and an awesome QB Rating of 99.3; he balled the heck out. 

He's done all of this with absolute CRAP @ WR too. And Baltimore knows it too which is why A.) They drafted an electric WR Rashod Bateman 1st round, drafted one of my favorite WRs coming out Tylan Wallace and finally splashed in Free Agency and stole Sammy Watkins (who will help Lamar Jackson as he once helped Patrick Mahomes).

Lamar Jackson with 3 added WR weapons = 2021 UNSTOPPABLE.

And let's not compare his potential to "Tony Romo" who took I believe 7 NFL years before winning his 1st playoff game and only played in 6 career playoff games... And if I were to compare Lamar's 1st 3 years to Romo's first 5 years Jackson would completely embarrass Romo and his "potential".

• Upvote 1

I think people are just trying to be contrarians for the sake of being contrarians because its boring picking the same team who represented the AFC two years in a row.  Kind of like when Barkley won the NBA MVP in '93 only because Jordan had won it in '91 and '92, and the voters were tired of giving him the award.  Then Jordan went out and embarrassed the Suns in the NBA Finals that year.  Like...seriously?  People are actually picking the Browns to get there?

It's gonna be KC in the Super Bowl again, guys.  

The amt of love for the Browns in this thread and nationally overall is absolutely mind-blowing. Are people forgetting that Baker Mayfield is their QB? The guy has been the worst player on a stacked offense for the last two years and I don't have any faith in him suddenly turning it on. Not a great look for the QB of a team. Reminiscent of the Sanchez era Jets

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The amt of love for the Browns in this thread and nationally overall is absolutely mind-blowing. Are people forgetting that Baker Mayfield is their QB? The guy has been the worst player on a stacked offense for the last two years and I don't have any faith in him suddenly turning it on. Not a great look for the QB of a team. Reminiscent of the Sanchez era Jets

Yeah, I think the Browns are a very good team, and is capable of getting to the postseason and winning a game like they did last year.  But their run-first style of play is highly unlikely to get them to a SB.  They will always run into a team in the playoffs that can outscore them.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, I think the Browns are a very good team, and is capable of getting to the postseason and winning a game like they did last year.  But their run-first style of play is highly unlikely to get them to a SB.  They will always run into a team in the playoffs that can outscore them.

Baker is not a bad QB. He's just not elite. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Baker is not a bad QB. He's just not elite. 

Yep.  I can accept the case for Tennessee making it to the SB, because they have a top 8 or 10-ish QB in Tannehill to go along with all the other things they have going for them.  But Cleveland, eh, Mayfield would really need to take a pretty giant step forward to change my opinion there.

• Upvote 1