Training Camp - 8/12 (the pads are back on!)

8 minutes ago, peebag said:

forget that, did you see the lb come in untouched?

I hadn't - after you flagged it, it's a total fustercluck in the middle. The guard veers right to double team a tackle, and lets that LB in untouched. The LB is so free to come in on the QB that he looks embarrassed, and he goes off to his right and bumps the other linemen before standing around doing literally nothing - because he could come in and run by Jones with a "ghost sack", but doesn't, Maybe he didn't want to further show up his teammates? It's downright weird. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an observation (without seeing any of it :) )  

While Fant was on covid, we were hearing Huff, and JFM getting pressure all the time in the tweets.  Since Fant's been back, I haven't heard Huff, or  JFM's name called out in any of the tweets.

Today it seems like the CS wanted to try an experiment, and put Lawson on the other side for most of the practice.  He was very quiet most of practice.  At the end they put Lawson back on Becton.  He got a sack.  

Not meant to be a "the sky is falling" post, but I'm going to be very interested in the T's on Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

While Fant was on covid, we were hearing Huff, and JFM getting pressure all the time in the tweets.  Since Fant's been back, I haven't heard Huff, or  JFM's name called out in any of the tweets.

Today it seems like the CS wanted to try an experiment, and put Lawson on the other side for most of the practice.  He was very quiet most of practice.  At the end they put Lawson back on Becton.  He got a sack.  

Not meant to be a "the sky is falling" post, but I'm going to be very interested in the T's on Saturday.

I thought there was a report that Huff did really well yesterday

24 minutes ago, flgreen said:

JFM was credited with a good practice yesterday or the day before I think. Also JFM was great during the scrimmage. 

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I thought there was a report that Huff did really well yesterday

May have been, but for awhile he was getting almost as much pressue as Lawson.  If there was a tweet about it, I missed it.

Not saying Huff is playing poorly, just not seeing his name much anymore.

7 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It also shows he doesn’t have a coach who is a moron.

Honestly. that's ridiculous.

Coaches call a play - and sometimes the defense comes out with a look the coach wasn't expecting...The QB then adjust the play to adapt the formation of the defense.

This is football 101....