Sam Darnold looked more like 2018 Sam

Salehery

8 hours ago, maury77 said:

Jesus some of you are pathetically insecure. Darnold played poorly here, but he was a good trooper the whole time, did not complain (when he had every right to) and was graceful on the way out. Good for him and I wish him well.

Boy, talk about hitting the nail on the head!!!!Three cheers!!!

• Upvote 1

Which is the ultimate indictment of the JETS. That stupid a$$hole Macagnan giving Sammy absolutely no talent anywhere and he hired a complete sh*tbag for a HC. In other words, Mac is the "PERFECT LOSER". Perfection in LOSING is the only thing Mac was ever capable of. In the meantime, he completely ruined an otherwise very promising, young QB. However, Mac was NOT able to complete the job. Sammy is too smart to fall for the Jets sh*t hook, line, and sinker. Sammy WILL endure.....
HAHAHA

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

20 hours ago, maury77 said:

Jesus some of you are pathetically insecure. Darnold played poorly here, but he was a good trooper the whole time, did not complain (when he had every right to) and was graceful on the way out. Good for him and I wish him well.

This.

Well, unless he's playing us.

Otherwise, this.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, maury77 said:

I mean, if only, as a fan, I took pleasure in Spirit Awards.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, doitny said:

its not the defending that i have a problem with . its that some of you sam defenders are rooting for him to do good. 

do you realize if Sam looks good we look bad for trading him. JD and Saleh look bad.

i really liked Harvey Langi last year. that guy had some energy. he was all over the field. he just missed too many tackles. now hes on NE. if BB can teach him how to tackle hes going to be really good. i watch there game last week and i seen him again all over the place. do i root for him> no, and its not because NE is in our division, its that we, JD and Saleh will look like idiots for getting rid of him. and that goes for any EX Jet.

and as for the QB position which is so important, i want Sam to crash and burn. 

if Wilson turns out to be really good say putting up 30-35 TDs and 4000 yds a year and Sam does the same then we lost the trade. cause we could have done so much more to make our team better if we kept Sam and used #2oa other ways. there can be no doubt that trading Sam was the right thing. 

OMG, this again. Should we have kept Sam and will we look bad if Sam does well. 

The answer is trading Sam was the right thing for the Jets to do, PERIOD. There was no way JD was going to gamble that Sam would start playing like Rodgers in year 1 with Saleh with the kind of QB prospects this draft presented. The amount of pressure on JD and the rest of the front office would have been insane waiting to see how Sam does. Now there is no pressure because we have a rookie QB, a very young team, and a whole new CS. Trading Sam just put JD, the CS, and front office in a much more manageable  position. That is why Sam was traded, not because anyone thought he was going to be good or bad, it was because the Jets as an organization could not manage the situation if Sam didn't improve. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

OMG, this again. Should we have kept Sam and will we look bad if Sam does well. 

The answer is trading Sam was the right thing for the Jets to do, PERIOD. There was no way JD was going to gamble that Sam would start playing like Rodgers in year 1 with Saleh with the kind of QB prospects this draft presented. The amount of pressure on JD and the rest of the front office would have been insane waiting to see how Sam does. Now there is no pressure because we have a rookie QB, a very young team, and a whole new CS. Trading Sam just put JD, the CS, and front office in a much more manageable  position. That is why Sam was traded, not because anyone thought he was going to be good or bad, it was because the Jets as an organization could not manage the situation if Sam didn't improve. 

Absolutely.  It was a chance to restart the rookie QB contract again which I understood.  It seems like some have a lot of venom toward Sam.  Yes I understand frustration that it didn’t work out here but it’s like they wanted him to overcome the worst coaching in the nfl, one of the first olines, no weapons, etc and become a bigtime QB immediately .  No QB can overcome all of those things that’s just the truth.  Now maybe Sam just isn’t a a good QB we shall see.  But there is no harm wishing the kid the best.  That doesn’t mean we want him to do better than our young QB.  When we play Carolina I want Wilson to light them up and Sam to struggle because I’m a Jet fan first and foremost.  But other than that yeah I wish him well because he us a good kid who was given no help here but didn’t  complain once here.  At the end of the day it’s just time to move on and focus on our team and our young QB

• Upvote 1

• Sam Darnold posted impressive stats - 19-of-25, 162 yards, two touchdowns - but the numbers are completely misleading. In fact, Darnold didn't play well at all. 

Darnold spent most of the evening tossing checkdowns. The Panthers' color analyst, Steve Smith, called him "Checkdown Charlie" at one point. As Darnold was doing this, he was failing to take advantage of potential deep connections. He didn't see some receivers who were open for long gains down the field, settling for short tosses instead. 

Darnold had some other issues as well. He sometimes panicked in the pocket. He also overthrew Terrace Marshall on one instance and then misread the coverage on a pass to Robby Anderson. Darnold then nearly threw an interception while targeting Anderson because the pass was way behind his intended receiver. He was lucky the defensive back dropped the ball. 

These negatives may not seem like a huge deal when compared to the final numbers, but keep in mind that all of this was done against Pittsburgh's second-string scrubs. It's hard to feel optimistic about Darnold's chances with the Panthers after watching this game, though it was obviously a small sample size. 

Darnold is what he is and always will be - not good! 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, Salehery said:

look at the way he’s setting up in the shotgun.  As a rookie he had an open stance. Gase closed him up. 

He looks different-a lot more like the guy we saw in 2018 that had a lot of promise. I’d imagine Rhule and Brady are trying to remove the stench of Gase from him. 

Oooooooooooh that Smell!  Can't you smell that smell?

31 minutes ago, maury77 said:

As a Jets fan, there hasn’t been much to take pleasure in since the last time they made the playoffs in 2011.

Agreed.  And for the last 3 years it was because our #3 overall pick that cost us 4 picks, was the worst QB in the league. That he was “nice” isn’t really worth mentioning.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, maury77 said:

As a Jets fan, there hasn’t been much to take pleasure in since the last time they made the playoffs in 2011.

That doesn't mean you celebrate guys with good attitudes who can't play football well.  You hope for more and don't go out of your way to spend a dollar on the team until they do better.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, Nixhead said:
  • Sam Darnold posted impressive stats - 19-of-25, 162 yards, two touchdowns - but the numbers are completely misleading. In fact, Darnold didn't play well at all. 

Darnold spent most of the evening tossing checkdowns. 

Well yeah.  His YPA was a paltry 6.5.  Makes total sense. 

As a point of reference, 28 passers in the NFL eclipsed 6.5 YPA on the season last year, including the likes of Drew Lock (6.6), Daniel Jones (6.6), Jared Goff (7.2) and Nick Mullens (7.5).  Tua Tagovailoa even came close to that, checking in at 6.3.

Darnold's own career YPA is 6.6, so this performance falls in line with that.

Even when Darnold is "good", he still sucks.