How long does it take to fix a offensive line?

Guilhermezmc

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm not claiming he needs to be a stud from day 1 so "two weeks of practice..no preseason game action" is missing the point completely.

What I don't get is some on here not expecting an impact player from a first round pick.  If Vera-Tucker ends up a "solid" OG in his career, that's not good enough for a first rounder at a non-premium position who the team traded up for.  Sorry, I guess I have higher expectations out of the GM and his usage of draft resources.

So what’s your definition of “stud”player and “impact” player?  1 week in 

Now after two weeks of practices and 1 game we question the pick of AVT because he’s not an impact player after 1 game?!? 

whatever…

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

A Guard drafted top 15 should be Quentin Nelson or Zack Martin level all pro.  Not “oh it’s just his first game maybe he’s Matt Slauson after 3 years”

You guys are insane saying this stuff after 1 game. Truly insane. Enjoy your misery

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

So what’s your definition of “stud”player and “impact” player?  1 week in 

Now after two weeks of practices and 1 game we question the pick of AVT because he’s not an impact player after 1 game?!? 

whatever…

I don't know what AVT is or isn't at this point, and neither does anyone else.  I'm simply stating my expectations around the player he should develop into based on the position he plays, where he was drafted, and the draft capital given up to obtain him.

Again, I never stated he needs to be a stud from day 1.  Not sure why you are so stuck on this point that I never made.

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

A Guard drafted top 15 should be Quentin Nelson or Zack Martin level all pro.  Not “oh it’s just his first game maybe he’s Matt Slauson after 3 years”

rest easy, AVT was fine the majority of the game.  He had a couple of bad plays in his first game, but he wasn't consistently bad like Van Roten, McGovern, and Fant.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

How many times have you seen Carter get past the first level?

He had 4 carries for 6 yards.  There was no second level - the OL gave him no chance..

4 Carries with one of the worst OL performances I've ever seen and he's Blair Thomas?

I watched him get to the second level a few times vs tomato cans in the preseason (thought I mentioned in a few posts this was not just about one game) while in essence fighting for a starting spot or at least a better place on the depth chart and he sh*t the bed then as well. I'm comparing him to Thomas because that's exactly how Thomas ran and why he never really accomplished much in the NFL. The big knock on Thomas was when he reached the second level and had running room he started to dance around and gain 2 yards when he could have powered through and gained 7 leaving yards on the table. Constantly trying to find openings that are not there is not good running and that's exactly what Carter does from what I have seen of him so far. 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:00 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

1 year for the Chargers.

Does it piss you off? It should.

Way To Go Yes GIF by New York Jets

On 9/13/2021 at 10:00 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

1 year for the Chargers.

Does it piss you off? It should.

Way To Go Yes GIF by New York Jets

I guess 1 week decides the outcome of the season. I look at this way.. Outside of the tackle they drafted.. All of the guys they signed are over 30.. So they may get 2-3 years of good oline which is nice.. Butt wouldn't you rather take the Cowboys approach and have a decade of good oline play? And it took them 3 years to get the foundation of their line set 

2011  1st Tyron Smith 

2013 1st Travis Frederick 

2014 1st Zach Martin