How long does it take to fix a offensive line?

Guilhermezmc

56 minutes ago, Lith said:

I hope he is right.  I also hope he realizes that the proper tense of the word is "dominant."  I guess maybe he could dominate if he avoids going out of bounce.

"amount of issues".  NYDN writer who does not get 'amount' vs 'number'?  He has definitely overstepped his bouncaries. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The Chargers had a QB who set every rookie record for a QB.  Had 4300+ yards passing and 31 TDs.  They won 7 games, anyone who thinks they had as many holes to fit in the past offseason as the Jets has no idea what theyre talking about and should take a moment to think instead of giving people thumbs down for being more up to date than you are.  

Pot meet kettle

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

All of the talk pre-draft was how deep the OL class was this year, particularly for zone blocking.  I like Vera-Tucker, but if you are going to draft an OG in the first round (and trade up for him to boot), he better be an absolute stud, and quickly.

I personally thought it was an enormous lost opportunity to build up the OL by trading away those valuable 3rd round picks.

Those 3 rounders were not going to pan out because JD.

zuniga and Davis say hi

16 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Pot meet kettle

Youre a baby who goes around giving thumbs down to posts that nowhere in a million years would anyone else give the thumb to.  

If you disagree and think the Chargers came into this season needing to fill as many holes as the Jets, you should check out of this conversation and stop giving thumbs downs just for the sake of it.  And if I respond to your nonsense, too bad.  

• Thumb Down 2

7 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

I like Vera-Tucker, but if you are going to draft an OG in the first round (and trade up for him to boot), he better be an absolute stud, and quickly.

Youre giving a player who missed most of training camp, who missed all preseason, who got little work with the rest of the OL one game to prove hes an absolute stud?  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Says the guy who just went back and neg repped all my posts.

Go powder your vagina 

I didn't neg rep "all your post". Only a few in this thread  because you're being a nasty man today. Lol. A few other post I thumbs downed were those replies I received back from you in the Becton thread. Go get some fresh air and take 5 deep breaths and each time you exhale picture all your negative energy blowing out and floating away. Have a good day, Buddy. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I didn't neg rep "all your post". Only a few in this thread  because you're being a nasty man today. Lol. A few other post I thumbs downed were those replies I received back from you in the Becton thread. Go get some fresh air and take 5 deep breaths and each time you exhale picture all your negative energy blowing out and floating away. Have a good day, Buddy. 

Yeah, you just went back and negged rep posts that weren't neg repped when I logged on.  Notifications will screw you in the end.  You even went back and added neg reps to someone else who neg repped me.  Whatever dude, how old are you?  

Im not a nasty old man, I simply disagreed with your post where you decided a player was fat and lazy.  Based on nothing.  You get pissy and whiney that I was arguing.  Grow up dude.

I've been out all day, had a great day today in the sunshine.  

• Thumb Down 2

The Panthers game was a funny one.  The Jets looked non-competitive.  They were missing Crowder and Cole.  If Moore makes that catch or the receivers have fewer drops, the Jets could have won.  

I agree. Hopefully all the camp buzz about Becton sucking was the OLs problem and they play better this weekend. Also hoping Crowder can eat up the middle of the field.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

I forgot the Jets had a good team when JD got here after the draft and FA, and all JD has had to do the last couple of years is fix the OL. I mean he has drafted OL high in back to back years. Signed a few OL. It isn't like he abandoned the OL for the glory of drafting BPA every year.  Meanwhile they played one game this year. The rookie LG got a rude awakening and will get better. The tackles aren't bad even with MB hurt. In his two drafts and FA periods he has prioritized the OL. Oh, new system too. Wait, those aren't absolutely verifiable facts those are excuses right? Question that he should have taken the dude in tampa instead of MB, that would be a perfectly fair argument as MB seems injury prone. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The more I rewatch the game, the more amazed I am at how Zach got through the game uninjured. Look at the hit he took on this throw. Watching him Sunday is going to be terrifying if the OL doesn’t improve. 

Sick throw. Zach’s talent is undeniable. Hope that the Jets can support and develop him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, you just went back and negged rep posts that weren't neg repped when I logged on.  Notifications will screw you in the end.  You even went back and added neg reps to someone else who neg repped me.  Whatever dude, how old are you?  

Im not a nasty old man, I simply disagreed with your post where you decided a player was fat and lazy.  Based on nothing.  You get pissy and whiney that I was arguing.  Grow up dude.

I've been out all day, had a great day today in the sunshine.  

Look in the mirror you ornery pig-headed know-it-all. YOU start fights on here with other posters all the time. Bottom line get over yourself you nasty nasty man. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Coquito said:

A walk-on who survived the Turk in training camp; he's in shape and worth a look

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-waive-tommy-kraemer-201140109.html

I just took a look.  Ourlads liked him and gave him a 5th round grade.  But they warned that he does not "have the movement skills to appeal to zone blocking schemes."  He is a bad fit.  Guard only too, so no versatility.  Pass.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre giving a player who missed most of training camp, who missed all preseason, who got little work with the rest of the OL one game to prove hes an absolute stud?  

He should be a pro bowl caliber player by his second year.  That is a reasonable expectation for an OG that a team trades up for in the first round.

9 hours ago, Claymation said:

On 4 carries? 

Ok then. Perine time then! At least he can block.

well based on what we heard in camp and that he never climbed the depth chart did not impress at all in the pre season games I would say there should be a little concern. RB's usually do well right off the bat when they have what it takes .From what I have seen of Carter when he gets past that first level instead of showing some burst he's dancing around and that's very Blair Thomas like/ JMO I don't think that type of runner ever amounts to anything

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Look in the mirror you ornery pig-headed know-it-all. YOU start fights on here with other posters all the time. Bottom line get over yourself you nasty nasty man. 

This is the same baby rant you turned a disagreement as to what the Eagles were going to do a few years ago.  You went off the deep F'n edge because I said at that time that there was not chance the Eagles would trade Wentz and keep Foles.  You called me every stupid name and neg repped every post then too.  

Some things never change.

GFY.  Put me on ignore.  

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

He should be a pro bowl caliber player by his second year.  That is a reasonable expectation for an OG that a team trades up for in the first round.

Theres no reasonable expectation of being a pro bowl player just because you had to trade up to get 1st round talent.  D'Brick went 4th in the 1st, anyone care how many pro Bowles he made?  He was a good player for a long time here.  The 4th pick overall and he didnt make a pro bowl until his 4th season?  

AVT's played one game.  Without a preseason

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The more I rewatch the game, the more amazed I am at how Zach got through the game uninjured. Look at the hit he took on this throw. Watching him Sunday is going to be terrifying if the OL doesn’t improve. 

It would be nice if Becton was healthy and Zach let a few fastballs clang him in the head during practice.  Might knock some want to into the big F%^&it.

22 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

All of the talk pre-draft was how deep the OL class was this year, particularly for zone blocking.  I like Vera-Tucker, but if you are going to draft an OG in the first round (and trade up for him to boot), he better be an absolute stud, and quickly.

I personally thought it was an enormous lost opportunity to build up the OL by trading away those valuable 3rd round picks.

?‍♂️ two weeks of practice..no preseason game action..I just don't get some on here.

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

well based on what we heard in camp and that he never climbed the depth chart did not impress at all in the pre season games I would say there should be a little concern. RB's usually do well right off the bat when they have what it takes .From what I have seen of Carter when he gets past that first level instead of showing some burst he's dancing around and that's very Blair Thomas like/ JMO I don't think that type of runner ever amounts to anything

How many times have you seen Carter get past the first level?

He had 4 carries for 6 yards.  There was no second level - the OL gave him no chance..

4 Carries with one of the worst OL performances I've ever seen and he's Blair Thomas?

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

?‍♂️ two weeks of practice..no preseason game action..I just don't get some on here.

I'm not claiming he needs to be a stud from day 1 so "two weeks of practice..no preseason game action" is missing the point completely.

What I don't get is some on here not expecting an impact player from a first round pick.  If Vera-Tucker ends up a "solid" OG in his career, that's not good enough for a first rounder at a non-premium position who the team traded up for.  Sorry, I guess I have higher expectations out of the GM and his usage of draft resources.

• Upvote 1