Broncos Confirm Willingness To Give 1st Roundr For Abe

GREENSMACKS

The Broncos are reportedly open to dealing one of their first-round picks to acquire John Abraham.

The new CBA should make it much easier for the Broncos to accomplish. Atlanta, Seattle, and Oakland are also believed to have interest. Mar. 9 - 9:45 am et

Source: Denver Post

The Broncos are reportedly open to dealing one of their first-round picks to acquire John Abraham.

The new CBA should make it much easier for the Broncos to accomplish. Atlanta, Seattle, and Oakland are also believed to have interest. Mar. 9 - 9:45 am et

Source: Denver Post

that's a thumbs up!! take a 1st rounder for abe and run with it ,don't look back. this could be a better draft than expected brothers, we win all around on this one:cheers:

Unless Detroit or Atlanta is giving us their pick for Abe then we should make this deal ASAP for Denver's 22. If it's the 29th then that's ok too. As long as we get a 1st round pick for a 1st round talent when healthy.

Let's not rush to send Abe to Denver. It also says Oakland is interested. If we can work out a trade with them that ****s them as hard as they ****ed us last year, we could end up with the 7th pick in the draft in exchange for Abraham and Joel Dreesen.

Let's not rush to send Abe to Denver. It also says Oakland is interested. If we can work out a trade with them that ****s them as hard as they ****ed us last year, we could end up with the 7th pick in the draft in exchange for Abraham and Joel Dreesen.

Agreed -- it's important to obtain as high a pick as possible, but I don't see teams offering a first-rounder higher than #20 straight-up.

This is like an auction...the highest bidder gets to have part-time Abe. We better not **** this up!

I'm not saying the report is inaccurate, it is not, but I cannot figure out why Denver would do this deal. Denver's biggest need is offense right now. They need a big-time playmaker wide receiver or tight end like they had in the past with Shannon Sharpe and Ed McCaffrey. Rod Smith is old. Lelie is a 3rd down receiver, Putzier is gone, Anderson is gone.

Why trade one of your valuable first round picks for a part-time prima donna?

We should be wearing ski masks.

I'm not saying the report is inaccurate, it is not, but I cannot figure out why Denver would do this deal. Denver's biggest need is offense right now. They need a big-time playmaker wide receiver or tight end like they had in the past with Shannon Sharpe and Ed McCaffrey. Rod Smith is old. Lelie is a 3rd down receiver, Putzier is gone, Anderson is gone.

Denver's leading sacker last season had a grand total of FOUR.

I would say John Abraham fills a pretty large need for them.

I'd take the 22, but not right now.

There are alot of teams out there that could use John on their team.

I want to get a higher pick than 22 because I hope we can get Lendale White. I doubt he's there at 22, especially with that pats picking right before that, at 21.

BTW, this crap better get done before our mock draft because I own the Jets and I want 2 1st rd picks beetch!

foley -

denver is in "win-now" mode while the jets are rebuilding. if denver adds both TO and abraham they will likely be the afc favorite heading into the season. shanahan has shown a propensity for signing players with off-field baggage - albeit with mixed results.

personally i'd rather see abe in the nfc, but if the jets can get #22 overall it is a great deal for both teams.

foley -

denver is in "win-now" mode while the jets are rebuilding. if denver adds both TO and abraham they will likely be the afc favorite heading into the season. shanahan has shown a propensity for signing players with off-field baggage - albeit with mixed results.

personally i'd rather see abe in the nfc, but if the jets can get #22 overall it is a great deal for both teams.

wait....he's foley??? i thought he got banned? lol

Some people keep oversimplifying any potential Abe trade

We are not getting rid of Abe because we believe anyone we pick will be better than he is. If we were drafting at 22 or 29 & Abe was there & available with a $6M SB on a 5 year contract, Mangini/Tannenbaum would snag him in a heartbeat.

Abraham carries a 1 year hit of $8.3M or would need a SB in the $18-20M range, which can only be amortized over 5 years I believe with the new CBA. Meaning in addition to salary (which will be significant by the 3rd year at the latest) his SB alone is a $4M/year hit. For a guy that injury-prone, that much of a liability vs the run, who only really fits as a 4-3 DE b/c he also can't cover anyone, that price is too steep.

THAT is why we are in "take the best offer we get" mode with regard to Abe & have no interest in retaining him.

Re-read this the next time you feel the need to say how much better Abe is than an unknown draftee.

a 22 for one of the top 5 defensive ends in the game? and what do you get at 22 a projected player who may pan out to be a nobody Abe is worth more than that.but if he wants out then it needs to get done enough of this Abe distraction already

1. Dwight Freeney

2. Julius Peppers

3.Simeon Rice

4. Michael Strahan

5. Richard Seymour

6. Kyle Vanden Bosch

7. Jason Taylor

8. Gbaja-Bjamila

9.Bertrand Berry

10. Osi Umenyiora

11. Aaron Schobel

12. Adewale Ogunleye

John Abraham is a top 5 defensive end? He's too small for his position, which is why he gets beat up by much larger offensive tackles and hence, injured all the time. We are ripping Denver off.

a 22 for one of the top 5 defensive ends in the game? and what do you get at 22 a projected player who may pan out to be a nobody Abe is worth more than that.but if he wants out then it needs to get done enough of this Abe distraction already

Abraham can't stay healthy, can't play the run, has no experience with the 3-4 and is overpaid. He fits into Mangini's plan in exactly zero ways. To get a first-round selection would be fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets have to give up a second-day pick in any deal involving Abraham and a first-rounder.

Archived