Would U? 4, 10, 36 for Eagles 15, 16, 20

HighPitch

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Check the value of trading #4 straight up for #16 and #20 it’s almost equal points. 1800 vs 1875. If we toss in our second 4th rounder it’s even Steven. 

Why wouldn’t we just do that?  
Keep the #10 and the #35?

Or would you trade the #10 and the #35 for the #15, cause it’s the sweet spot? 

I would not because we need more players. My proposal keeps the same…. 3 for 3

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I read it.  I think your premise blows.  You basically are trading down because you are a scared bitch about what will be left at pick 36.  Then you are basing your entire wackadoodle trade proposal on the fact that the value is in the mid-first to second?  Newsflash that is where the 36 you are so desperate to move up from is sitting.

Wow. A scared bitch….

calm down francis is all speculation. You kids are alive, safe and healthy

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Value of trade slots aside… I’d rather keep 4 and 10 and trade back up to the twenties with 35 and 38 if a guy they’re in love with is still around. At 4 and 10 you have a plethora of options then at 15 and 16. 

See i would not. We need bodies.

Thanks for a polite and reasonable retort though

No i called you a dummy because i said in the original post the numbers are off and clarified it by saying our first 3 for their first 3. 

you replied, “bwah! You dont even have the right numbers!”
and its my opinion.
and your not really a dummy im just having fun friend

Your numbers aren’t off, they’re way off. SF gave 3 first round picks to move from 12 to 3. You want to drop on not one but 2 first round picks to move up 16 slots from early second the 20th overall? There’s no scenario that makes even a lick of sense. None. Especially when you factor that Pickett is already being projected top 5 and Willis is already talked about top 10. Prior to the SB last year Zach Wilson was a late 1st - 3rd round prospect depending where you looked. He went 2 overall. The desperation of teams makes QB’a incredibly overrated in value, you don’t just give away top picks like your scenario. You’re literally trading away the value of a mid late 1st round pick to move up from early 2nd to mid late first round. That’s just nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea there's winning the trade and then there's bending us over. You can give up some value but not a first round pick.

Happy Dance GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Fair point but i think a lot of posters here are being penny wise and pound foolish. Too much emphasis on draft “value” and tradition rather than simply seeing what trio of picks will get you a stronger group. Again, id rather be philly THIS year. Not any other year though.

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I guess I'm big rude dummy but even after this explanation, I dont think this is a logical reason to get jobbed over but I do hope the Jets **** up the draft and consequently suck so that you can do a victory lap and tell everyone I told you so.  That sounds neat. 

Being right is NOT what im looking for at the cost of my team.

A few examples:

1. Two years ago you argued with me pre draft that Mahomes was never going to be a good pro after I started a thread saying that he will be the best. You were wrong. Jets lost out on a franchise qb. I never rubbed it in.

2. When Watson cried about money just after signing a new &$&& contract, I was critical of him. You outright called me a RACIST for my opinion. Well, imagine that! You said something like “oh look another old white man upset that a black man wants to be paid” or something similar. 2 weeks later, Mr. Watson is accused of rape. I never rubbed that in either.

In 10 months or so when the philly 3 picks are better than our 3, I wont rub it in either….

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Wow. A scared bitch….

calm down francis is all speculation. You kids are alive, safe and healthy

I didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.  I wasn't thinking of you personally, I was thinking of the GM in the war room biting his nails and thinking I what if he (unknown, undisclosed player) doesn't fall to 35?!?!?!  Which seems silly since you are moving down and still well within what you referred to as the sweet spot of the draft. 

If you don't have a specific target you only move down if you get a premium.  You don't give up value to be in the sweet spot.  If the sweet spot is later 1st to 2nd you still will have three picks within the top 5 of the 2nd.

@Greenseed4's proposal seemed way better to me and I don't think you followed  it.  He said offer our #4 straight up for 15 and 20.  We'd still have 10 and 35.  That would give us an extra pick or even if we threw in a 4th to make the value exact.  I don't think you read it right because I don't think anyone on the planet would prefer 14, 15, 20 and 108 or whatever it would be to 10, 15, 20 and 35.  Whether the Eagles would make the deal is another matter entirely.  The Jets already have so many picks in this draft I think they might take some 2023 capital back. 

32 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities.  I wasn't thinking of you personally, I was thinking of the GM in the war room biting his nails and thinking I what if he (unknown, undisclosed player) doesn't fall to 35?!?!?!  Which seems silly since you are moving down and still well within what you referred to as the sweet spot of the draft. 

If you don't have a specific target you only move down if you get a premium.  You don't give up value to be in the sweet spot.  If the sweet spot is later 1st to 2nd you still will have three picks within the top 5 of the 2nd.

@Greenseed4's proposal seemed way better to me and I don't think you followed  it.  He said offer our #4 straight up for 15 and 20.  We'd still have 10 and 35.  That would give us an extra pick or even if we threw in a 4th to make the value exact.  I don't think you read it right because I don't think anyone on the planet would prefer 14, 15, 20 and 108 or whatever it would be to 10, 15, 20 and 35.  Whether the Eagles would make the deal is another matter entirely.  The Jets already have so many picks in this draft I think they might take some 2023 capital back. 

Yes i would love to do that. I must have misread. Pick 4!is a cruel pos spot this year

oh no! Now i need to read better too.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I would not because we need more players. My proposal keeps the same…. 3 for 3

My first four rounds, if I decided to trade #4 to PHI:
10, 16, 20, 35, 38, 69, 102

Your first four rounds:
15, 16, 20, 38, 69, 102, 108

You are correct, both scenarios have the same number of players.
It's the #10 & #35 vs. the #15 & #108... in what world is your deal better?  Trolling right?  That's cool. 

See i would not. We need bodies.

Thanks for a polite and reasonable retort though

Respectfully, have you seen the last few years of 2-3rd rounders the Jets have drafted?

I'm pretty tired of needing bodies in the 2-3rd rounds for depth like Ashtyn Davis, Zuniga, Mims, Stephen Davis, Polite, D. Smith, Hackenburg etc. The odds of these players making it going after the first are stacked against them.  

There are players who don't make it in all rounds but first rounders seem to be more safe in terms of evaluations. The talent drops off the table after the first few picks in the 2nd round. Mangold, Santana Moss, Vilma, Revis, Brick, Wilkerson, AVT, Becton, Richardson, are guys you trade into the first for if they are there around 15-25. 

Sure we've missed in the first, but we've missed in the 2-3rd a heck of a lot more. 

What if I told you #20 could be had for #35 and #69? (the last picks we have had around #69 are Ashtyn, Mims, Polite, Ardarius Stewart, Nathan Shepard... Yikes.)  

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I like how you dont read.

so you like to comment about things that you dont hear. That’s interesting.

Reread my original post where I said that my numbers might be off. Im too lazy to check and update but I mentioned it.

Read a bit. Thanks

Another guy that doesnt read good lord

Nope.  Same guy.  Apparently you replied twice to the same post.  Which raises the question about who's actually reading well :)

Now before you go off the rails...you seem to have come into this thread with an attitude.  You posted something quite a bit off the normal path and got pretty much the responses you should have expected.  Either be good natured about it, or shut it down.  If you keep on attacking everyone that disagrees with you, this will get shut down.

And yes, there was another comment that was over the line by someone else that was unwarranted as well.

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Being right is NOT what im looking for at the cost of my team.

A few examples:

1. Two years ago you argued with me pre draft that Mahomes was never going to be a good pro after I started a thread saying that he will be the best. You were wrong. Jets lost out on a franchise qb. I never rubbed it in.

2. When Watson cried about money just after signing a new &$&& contract, I was critical of him. You outright called me a RACIST for my opinion. Well, imagine that! You said something like “oh look another old white man upset that a black man wants to be paid” or something similar. 2 weeks later, Mr. Watson is accused of rape. I never rubbed that in either.

In 10 months or so when the philly 3 picks are better than our 3, I wont rub it in either….

Haha you’re a weird dude. 

1. is not true.  I was pro Mahomes and Watson 

2. I don’t remember but is totally irrelevant 

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Another guy that doesn't read. 

I already stated that Id rather a traditional trade down but if not, philly is in a better position IN THIS PARTICULAR DRAFT. 

read

Doesn't matter. Still a moronic trade. You still don't do it. So you are saying the Jets can't trade down from 4 or 10 OR trade up from Rd,. 2 for a player they might like in the bottom of Rd. 1? Their only option is Philly with this ludicrous proposal they throw at them? Thats what you are going with? 

I would also argue that its inaccurate that  the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft' and negates the value of getting YOUR guy or the possibility of a top tier prospect sliding. Or did you not READ that in my initial post?  

Look, this is a bad trade for the Jets and JD would be moron to make it, own up to it.  

On 2/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, HighPitch said:

My number may be off but...

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I read the thread title.

Trading down from 4 to 15 (very big move)?  Trading down from 10 to 16 (big move in the top half of the 1st)?  And, all you want back is the 20 for the Jets 36?

Give it some more thought, man.

Also, are you still selling those $10 bills you have?  I'll send you $7.25 again.    In fact, I'll take a hundred of them this time. ?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nycdan said:

Nope.  Same guy.  Apparently you replied twice to the same post.  Which raises the question about who's actually reading well :)

Now before you go off the rails...you seem to have come into this thread with an attitude.  You posted something quite a bit off the normal path and got pretty much the responses you should have expected.  Either be good natured about it, or shut it down.  If you keep on attacking everyone that disagrees with you, this will get shut down.

And yes, there was another comment that was over the line by someone else that was unwarranted as well.

If you're referring to my comment, sorry.  I was typing fast and not thinking about him personally.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Doesn't matter. Still a moronic trade. You still don't do it. So you are saying the Jets can't trade down from 4 or 10 OR trade up from Rd,. 2 for a player they might like in the bottom of Rd. 1? Their only option is Philly with this ludicrous proposal they throw at them? Thats what you are going with? 

I would also argue that its inaccurate that  the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft' and negates the value of getting YOUR guy or the possibility of a top tier prospect sliding. Or did you not READ that in my initial post?  

Look, this is a bad trade for the Jets and JD would be moron to make it, own up to it.  

I will own up to it 100% after we see the results. If there is no trades for the jets and eagles lets compare their first 3 picks. You guys can rip me apart then. I will not rub it in when you are wrong though :)

On 2/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, HighPitch said:

Its unreal how many people dont read. Oh well…..

I feel like its my duty to educate you big nasty rude dummies out there so lets try one more time:

We have pick 4. This is NOT like years past where a joey bosa or jamar chase is up for grabs. This board has already stated a billion times that the talent at the top is weak and the value is later on say mid 1st-2nd.

So dummies, I’m not making this up right? Lets continue. Try to follow along…..

If there are no stars up front, then the guy we have been thinking about, the speculation on this board are guys like linderbaum, the NC OT, Wilson…. Those guys are already in the, lets say 8-15 range. So doing nothing you might just take a guy ranked 10 or 12 on most boards at 4 simply due to need and the fact that this draft has no superstars. Right? Yes? Hasn't this been mentioned a million times in this board? Good. Now keep following along. Youre doing much better btw….

If you swap the first 3 picks with philly, you slide down roughly into the range that youd be forced to use at 4 anyways. But the difference is that youve moved up from 37ish to 20 ish in the process. That is huge because you can now have a chance to grab a guy that is almost certainly NOT going to make it to the 2nd round.

So to sum it up, the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft. So you hardly lose much. But the talent at 20 will be significantly more at 20 vs 36. 

In the end you will walk away with a better 3 picks with the eagles picks than ours. Imo. 

I pray to the sweet baby Jesus that the eagles and jets make no trades and we can revisit this after the draft and after the season starts so you can admit how right I am.

Carry on….

I get it - although I'm not sure that the talent level between 36 and 20 is that great either when all is said and done - and I'm not talking about draft grades. The downside is that if someone falls in love with a QB we can get a lot more to move back.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:42 PM, HighPitch said:

Fair point but i think a lot of posters here are being penny wise and pound foolish. Too much emphasis on draft “value” and tradition rather than simply seeing what trio of picks will get you a stronger group. Again, id rather be philly THIS year. Not any other year though.

Which 3 players would you take at those slots?

Which 3 would you take at our current picks?

Let's concretize what the hell you're thinking