Would U? 4, 10, 36 for Eagles 15, 16, 20

HighPitch

My number may be off but im talking about a first 3 pick swap with the Eagles.

Chart says Eagles get the better deal. My sims ALWAYS accept the trade.

So, everyone complains about nothing of value at 4. If we swapped, we would more or less guarantee us a top OL, WR and Edge:

Pick 1: linderbaum/the nc OT

pick 2: burks/ london

pick 3: jermain johnson

If you didnt swap youll get 1+2 but probably not johnson.

Maybe the eagles throw a 4/5 in as well. Seems like, for THIS years draft, eagles have a better 1st round position than we do

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

My number may be off but im talking about a first 3 pick swap with the Eagles.

Chart says Eagles get the better deal. My sims ALWAYS accept the trade.

So, everyone complains about nothing of value at 4. If we swapped, we would more or less guarantee us a top OL, WR and Edge:

Pick 1: linderbaum/the nc OT

pick 2: burks/ london

pick 3: jermain johnson

If you didnt swap youll get 1+2 but probably not johnson.

Maybe the eagles throw a 4/5 in as well. Seems like, for THIS years draft, eagles have a better 1st round position than we do

Would I trade down 17 total spots in the first round to move up 16 total slots from 36 back into the first? Taking two worse players at 15 & 16 than I could have gotten at 4 or 10, for the benefit of getting a better player at 20 than I could have at 36?

No. No I would not. Doing that would be a firing offense.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

dude if i ran your team drafts for the last 10 years, your team wouldnt suck

My team.  You're not a Jets fan?

Anyway, doesn't matter... The value in your proposal is out of whack.  You'd be giving up 725 pts which is the equivalent of a 1st round pick.  Why would we do that?   Also, I think you're great undervaluing where Jermaine Johnson gets drafted. 

Its unreal how many people dont read. Oh well…..

I feel like its my duty to educate you big nasty rude dummies out there so lets try one more time:

We have pick 4. This is NOT like years past where a joey bosa or jamar chase is up for grabs. This board has already stated a billion times that the talent at the top is weak and the value is later on say mid 1st-2nd.

So dummies, I’m not making this up right? Lets continue. Try to follow along…..

If there are no stars up front, then the guy we have been thinking about, the speculation on this board are guys like linderbaum, the NC OT, Wilson…. Those guys are already in the, lets say 8-15 range. So doing nothing you might just take a guy ranked 10 or 12 on most boards at 4 simply due to need and the fact that this draft has no superstars. Right? Yes? Hasn't this been mentioned a million times in this board? Good. Now keep following along. Youre doing much better btw….

If you swap the first 3 picks with philly, you slide down roughly into the range that youd be forced to use at 4 anyways. But the difference is that youve moved up from 37ish to 20 ish in the process. That is huge because you can now have a chance to grab a guy that is almost certainly NOT going to make it to the 2nd round.

So to sum it up, the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft. So you hardly lose much. But the talent at 20 will be significantly more at 20 vs 36. 

In the end you will walk away with a better 3 picks with the eagles picks than ours. Imo. 

I pray to the sweet baby Jesus that the eagles and jets make no trades and we can revisit this after the draft and after the season starts so you can admit how right I am.

Carry on….

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

Nice of the Eagles to offer us PIT's pick in that trade.

I like how you dont read.

so you like to comment about things that you dont hear. That’s interesting.

Reread my original post where I said that my numbers might be off. Im too lazy to check and update but I mentioned it.

Read a bit. Thanks

20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Would I trade down 17 total spots in the first round to move up 16 total slots from 36 back into the first? Taking two worse players at 15 & 16 than I could have gotten at 4 or 10, for the benefit of getting a better player at 20 than I could have at 36?

No. No I would not. Doing that would be a firing offense.

At least you make a fair, opinion based post.

well done.

imo, players 15 and 16 are no more talented than player 4.

Thats the basis of my argument. No joey bosa, no peyton mannings. This is an unusual draft

19 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

My team.  You're not a Jets fan?

Anyway, doesn't matter... The value in your proposal is out of whack.  You'd be giving up 725 pts which is the equivalent of a 1st round pick.  Why would we do that?   Also, I think you're great undervaluing where Jermaine Johnson gets drafted. 

Yes i mentioned that in my original post. 
i think JJ gets drafted in the 20’s and doesnt see the 2nd.

but its all speculative

17 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I feel like its my duty to educate you big nasty rude dummies out there so lets try one more time:

We have pick 4. This is NOT like years past where a joey bosa or jamar chase is up for grabs. This board has already stated a billion times that the talent at the top is weak and the value is later on say mid 1st-2nd.

If there are no stars up front, then the guy we have been thinking about, the speculation on this board are guys like linderbaum, the NC OT, Wilson…. Those guys are already in the, lets say 8-15 range. So doing nothing you might just take a guy ranked 10 or 12 on most boards at 4 simply due to need and the fact that this draft has no superstars. Right? Yes? Hasn't this been mentioned a million times in this board? Good. Now keep following along. Youre doing much better btw….

If you swap the first 3 picks with philly, you slide down roughly into the range that youd be forced to use at 4 anyways. But the difference is that youve moved up from 37ish to 20 ish in the process. That is huge because you can now have a chance to grab a guy that is almost certainly NOT going to make it to the 2nd round.

So to sum it up, the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft. So you hardly lose much. But the talent at 20 will be significantly more at 20 vs 36. 

In the end you will walk away with a better 3 picks with the eagles picks than ours. Imo. 

I pray to the sweet baby Jesus that the eagles and jets make no trades and we can revisit this after the draft and after the season starts so you can admit how right I am.

Carry on….

Value of trade slots aside… I’d rather keep 4 and 10 and trade back up to the twenties with 35 and 38 if a guy they’re in love with is still around. At 4 and 10 you have a plethora of options then at 15 and 16. 

52 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you need an agent. Straight to vegas. Dont waste that talent you might go places in the comedy world.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

4 = 1800
10 =  1300
36 = 540
----------

15 = 1050
16 = 1000
20 = 850
---------

24th pick in the draft is worth the 740 you're giving away in value here. I get the draw of moving into the mid-late first round as there's a ton of value that matches our need but you still need to get at least close to proper value for trading down. What you're suggesting is just giving away a late first round pick in value.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

At least you make a fair, opinion based post.

well done.

imo, players 15 and 16 are no more talented than player 4.

Thats the basis of my argument. No joey bosa, no peyton mannings. This is an unusual draft

Based on that wouldn’t it be better to trade out of 4 or 10 and look to 2023 to have two first rounders? Probably more draft capital along with the 2023 first? 2023 Could be a better top heavy draft you are looking for. I think 4,10,35 for 15,16,20 is a big nothing burger based on your opinion this draft has a lot of parity. 

• Upvote 1

Carry on….

I read it.  I think your premise blows.  You basically are trading down because you are a scared bitch about what will be left at pick 36.  Then you are basing your entire wackadoodle trade proposal on the fact that the value is in the mid-first to second?  Newsflash that is where the 36 you are so desperate to move up from is sitting.

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Value of trade slots aside… I’d rather keep 4 and 10 and trade back up to the twenties with 35 and 38 if a guy they’re in love with is still around. At 4 and 10 you have a plethora of options then at 15 and 16. 

Thats what i also want. Ideally.

My scenario is based on that not being an option though

47 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

4 = 1800
10 =  1300
36 = 540
----------

15 = 1050
16 = 1000
20 = 850
---------

24th pick in the draft is worth the 740 you're giving away in value here. I get the draw of moving into the mid-late first round as there's a ton of value that matches our need but you still need to get at least close to proper value for trading down. What you're suggesting is just giving away a late first round pick in value.

In my original post i stated that the eagles would win based on the trade value chart.

hows the veal? Fresh or frozen

39 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Based on that wouldn’t it be better to trade out of 4 or 10 and look to 2023 to have two first rounders? Probably more draft capital along with the 2023 first? 2023 Could be a better top heavy draft you are looking for. I think 4,10,35 for 15,16,20 is a big nothing burger based on your opinion this draft has a lot of parity. 

Yes your scenario would be best as stated previously.

again, barring trades, id rather be in the eagles position than ours.

play the mock draft simulators out there 1000 times and youll see that just at the end of the first round the third guy you wanted in the early 2nd is always gone

“OMG! Mock draft simulators?! This guy is an idiot!”

Carry on….

I guess I'm big rude dummy but even after this explanation, I dont think this is a logical reason to get jobbed over but I do hope the Jets **** up the draft and consequently suck so that you can do a victory lap and tell everyone I told you so.  That sounds neat. 

Reread my original post where I said that my numbers might be off. Im too lazy to check and update but I mentioned it.

Read a bit. Thanks

It would have taken you less time to see what picks they had than to type out that your numbers might be off.  And so your thread title is wrong, which kind of undermines anything else you were trying to say.  As does the kneejerk emotional response.  Would have been as easy to laugh it off.  I was going to offer to fix it, but now...not so much.  

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Carry on….

This is if things work out perfectly as you are envisioning them in your scenario. 

What if...

1. A higher ranked player the Jets really like falls to #4 or #10- Hutch, Thib, Neal, Ekwonu- whatever. You make it sound like just because the 'real value' is in the middle of the 1st, the best prospect will end up going there. This is not nec. true. Your statement 'the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft' is not really accurate and negates the value of getting YOUR guy. 

2. What if the Jets stumble on a trade down scenario from 4 to 12 or 10 to 15. Whatever. just giving those draft picks up, along with a second rounder for an extra 1st is INSANE. 

3. If the Jets REALLY wanted wanted someone in that mid to late 1s round, they could just trade up for him. 

There are a million reasons why this is a moronic trade.  

Read a bit. Thanks

So you made a post with an awful trade scenario that basically takes us to the cleaners,admit the numbers are probably off and even that it’s an unbalanced trade, and then call people dummies for telling you your trade scenario stinks? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Carry on….

Check the value of trading #4 straight up for #16 and #20 it’s almost equal points. 1800 vs 1875. If we toss in our second 4th rounder it’s even Steven. 

Why wouldn’t we just do that?  
Keep the #10 and the #35?

Or would you trade the #10 and the #35 for the #15, cause it’s the sweet spot? 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

This is if things work out perfectly as you are envisioning them in your scenario. 

What if...

1. A higher ranked player the Jets really like falls to #4 or #10- Hutch, Thib, Neal, Ekwonu- whatever. You make it sound like just because the 'real value' is in the middle of the 1st, the best prospect will end up going there. This is not nec. true. Your statement 'the talent at 4 vs 15 is almost negligible in this particular draft' is not really accurate and negates the value of getting YOUR guy. 

2. What if the Jets stumble on a trade down scenario from 4 to 12 or 10 to 15. Whatever. just giving those draft picks up, along with a second rounder for an extra 1st is INSANE. 

3. If the Jets REALLY wanted wanted someone in that mid to late 1s round, they could just trade up for him. 

There are a million reasons why this is a moronic trade.  

Another guy that doesn't read. 

I already stated that Id rather a traditional trade down but if not, philly is in a better position IN THIS PARTICULAR DRAFT. 

read

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

So you made a post with an awful trade scenario that basically takes us to the cleaners,admit the numbers are probably off and even that it’s an unbalanced trade, and then call people dummies for telling you your trade scenario stinks? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No i called you a dummy because i said in the original post the numbers are off and clarified it by saying our first 3 for their first 3. 

you replied, “bwah! You dont even have the right numbers!”

and its my opinion.

and your not really a dummy im just having fun friend