Very interesting tweet Re: Jets being potential conduit for Vet QB trades

HawkeyeJet

Didn’t Chase tear his ACL this year?

Not going to lie, I love the idea of him as a player, but coming off an injury is another thing. Because of that I think we could maybe squeeze another player out of it, and maybe give them one of the 4th rounders and get a late round pick back in return to help secure someone we had in the senior bowl. 

interesting to think about at least. 

45 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

4 for Chase Young.

WAS takes 4 and 11 and whatever else to get Watson or whoever. 

I think you’d probably have to trade both #4 and #10 for Washington to even consider moving Young.

But that would certainly give them the ammo to make a move for someone like Watson, Rodgers or Wilson.

35 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

This is a tough offseason for sure. We need another WR to go with our group but I can't justify trading #10 and 40 for Jeudy. It would be more palatable IMO for Godwin but still would not do it. 

I believe the proposal was #10 for Jeudy and #40.  

On 2/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The vikings took Justin Jefferson with that pick who is cheaper and already better so I don't think that trade justifies us doing the same. 

Ok fine.  If you can guarantee me that that pick will turn into Jefferson than fine, but since you can't, I'll take the known quantity. 

That pick is much more likely to turn into Corey Coleman or Marquise Brown than Justin Jefferson. 

Wilson needs a guaranteed #1 in 2022 if you want him to take a step forward. 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:14 AM, chrisfaceoff said:

Didn’t Chase tear his ACL this year?

Not going to lie, I love the idea of him as a player, but coming off an injury is another thing. Because of that I think we could maybe squeeze another player out of it, and maybe give them one of the 4th rounders and get a late round pick back in return to help secure someone we had in the senior bowl. 

interesting to think about at least. 

Problem is we won too many meaningless late season wins against bad teams so we can’t draft Thibodeaux or Hutchinson 

Guys come back from ACLs all the time.  Chase is an amazing specimen he will be fine.  

2 hours ago, cincy jets fan12 said:

Problem is we won too many meaningless late season wins against bad teams so we can’t draft Thibodeaux or Hutchinson 

Guys come back from ACLs all the time.  Chase is an amazing specimen he will be fine.  

The only thing is(and this is of right now, which means it’s going to change a million times between now and draft day) is that Thibs is now getting picked apart big time to the point he isn’t even being mocked to us, and still falling. 

it would be great if he fell to us, but there are some other solid edge players I wouldn’t mind taking, like Ojabo or Johnson if we trade down a bit drop 10. 

not arguing one but about Chase though, because a healthy Chase is a big time get…just don’t see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

The only thing is(and this is of right now, which means it’s going to change a million times between now and draft day) is that Thibs is now getting picked apart big time to the point he isn’t even being mocked to us, and still falling. 

it would be great if he fell to us, but there are some other solid edge players I wouldn’t mind taking, like Ojabo or Johnson if we trade down a bit drop 10. 

not arguing one but about Chase though, because a healthy Chase is a big time get…just don’t see it happening. 

I don’t see it happening either.  Only because it would be too good and this franchise is completely lost

The jets keep winning meaningless games every year to miss out on top players.  We won that nonsense game against the bills 3 years and it cost us Bosa.  History repeated itself this season.  No I don’t think Thibodeaux is falling to us

• Thumb Down 1

Chase is definitely worth two 1st rounder but certainly not 2 top ten 1st rounders. The 3rd overall pick last year was traded for 3 first rounders. So if Washington wanted to liquidate Young, the 4th overall and some change (future 2nd rounder) would be the best they could do. After hearing that, they should ultimately keep him. 

• Upvote 1