Very interesting tweet Re: Jets being potential conduit for Vet QB trades

HawkeyeJet

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sign and trade for Godwin would work. I’d give up 10 for him.

That was one of the first scenarios I thought of as well, but I don’t know the rules in NFL about trading a recently signed player.  I know there are things in MLB that prohibit it, but NBA allows it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sign and trade for Godwin would work. I’d give up 10 for him.

He's the perfect fit for this offense, I don't think I'd trade for him but I'd 100% give all the money we were planning on giving Berrios and slide it to Godwin instead.

This is an interesting topic, I honestly can't remember any 3 team trades in the NFL. Would love to nab one of the Broncos WRs if we are wheeling and dealing like that.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That was one of the first scenarios I thought of as well, but I don’t know the rules in NFL about trading a recently signed player.  I know there are things in MLB that prohibit it, but NBA allows it.

Not sure either. If the Bucs were to need more ammo I’d consider 4 too as long as someone like Marpet or Tryon were thrown in too. This would be the year to do it too as the top 10 is barf central.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He's the perfect fit for this offense, I don't think I'd trade for him but I'd 100% give all the money we were planning on giving Berrios and slid it to Godwin instead.

This is an interesting topic, I honestly can't remember any 3 team trades in the NFL. Would love to nab one of the Broncos WRs if we are wheeling and dealing like that.

Broncos and Steelers both have a surplus of Receivers.  Both need QBs.  If something like this shakes out, those both would be prime candidates I would imagine.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Broncos and Steelers both have a surplus of Receivers.  Both need QBs.  If something like this shakes out, those both would be prime candidates I would imagine.

I don’t think any of the Steelers or Broncos receivers are worth a first rounder. They need premium picks to get Wilson or Watson. Godwin makes the most sense and the Bucs have other guys you’d be comfortable giving up two #1’s for. I don’t think any other team could offer that.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think any of the Steelers or Broncos receivers are worth a first rounder. They need premium picks to get Wilson or Watson. Godwin makes the most sense and the Bucs have other guys you’d be comfortable giving up two #1’s for. I don’t think any other team could offer that.

Watt on the other hand...........

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Watt on the other hand...........

will never happen, BUT

I’m very vocal about my hatred for Steelers(mostly their fans since I live in PA)

but I swear to 8lb 4 oz sweet little baby Jesus in the manger, I won’t say another bad word ever if that were to happen. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will add one more random thought.

If this is remotely true and it is something the Jets are looking into, kudos to the Front Office for exploring  non conventional methods in NFL circles.   Being “inside the box” has gotten this franchise nowhere.  They should be exploring things rarely explored by others.  It could fail miserably or they could be trailblazers or any point in between, but it’s good they are at least(presumably) thinking of all angles to turn this around.

I've been waiting for moves like this. I really like the idea of taking on fat contracts for draft picks too although that would have been more for the last two years.

• Upvote 1

The move id pull the trigger on is Godwin and Tryon-Shoyinka for picks 4 and 10. Blockbuster but a win-win for both teams IMO if the Bucs can get a QB. There’s no doubt they were a bit blindsided by Brady’s retirement and they aren’t going with Gabbert or Fitzpatrick again.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The move id pull the trigger on is Godwin and Tryon-Shoyinka for picks 4 and 10. Blockbuster but a win-win for both teams IMO if the Bucs can get a QB. There’s no doubt they were a bit blindsided by Brady’s retirement and they aren’t going with Gabbert or Fitzpatrick again.

Didn't they just draft Trask last year? I would have thought they'd give him a chance first. Either way, I'd be livid if we made that trade and I like both those players.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet2020 said:

Oh yeah cuz 3 way trades are so common in the NFL. 

It's more so to accumulate picks as opposed to making a 3 team trade. Think similar to how the Bills methodically worked their way up the draft in 2018  through multiple trades to be in a position to trade up for Josh Allen. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

None of these guys will end up getting traded.  My bold prediction.

3 years ago I would have agreed with you, but just the past two years we've seen it.

While I don't think all three will go I would actually be shocked if at least one of them didn't move.

I think Rodgers is done in GB.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Didn't they just draft Trask last year? I would have thought they'd give him a chance first. Either way, I'd be livid if we made that trade and I like both those players.

Yes. Rotational pass rusher but the kid is the goods from the action he saw. Immediate plug and play for the Jets at a need position. Two immediate starters from a first round draft that at first glance looks brutal. Godwin is an awesome player and much better than whatever the OSU player will be, IMO. Godwin is a foundational piece for the next 6-8 years. 

the Bucs desperately need a QB and the Jets desperately need good players. It’s fantasy land most likely but that would be a great move for the Jets I think. 

52 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know if we've ever seen this type of trade in the NFL? That doesn't mean it can't happen, just - it's probably not a thing many GM's have on their mind or are comfortable with. I think this sort of thing is pretty unlikely.

I will say this. 

If it were to happen, I feel JD would be the first GM to be able to pull it off. As much as I generally loathe his tenure this far, the man can navigate the trade waters like a god damn great white shark. 

• Upvote 1

This would not be a 3 way trade, It would be 2 separate trades. In order for a team to have the necessary draft capital to make a trade for one of the QB's they would have to acquire that pick or picks from another team. Then they make a separate trade for the QB.