Kyle Hamilton runs 4.74 at ND pro day

Matt39

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And you guys love coming here to troll about shlt you are clueless to.

Which team are you a troll for?  

I’m just saying using a top 10 pick on a safety with mediocre or worse speed for his position is about as smart as drafting a qb at 2 overall who couldn’t manage to look ok against Coastal Carolina

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I’m just saying using a top 10 pick on a safety with mediocre or worse speed for his position is about as smart as drafting a qb at 2 overall who couldn’t manage to look ok against Coastal Carolina

And im saying youre an annoying troll who wont even say who his team is

And yes, he had a nice comeback that just came up short against CC.  So your point sparky is what?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And im saying youre an annoying troll who wont even say who his team is

And yes, he had a nice comeback that just came up short against CC.  So your point sparky is what?

I’m a jets fan.  You’re a jets homer who thinks drafting a slow safety who would make Doug Jolley look like Travis Kelce in the top 10 is a good idea

9 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

The Coastal Carolina game is the only one I'd seen of Wilson's college career from beginning to end.

It was certainly no perfect game - he holds the ball too long a lot (no surprise there) & throws off-balance unnecessarily at times - but as I recall he didn't look nearly as bad as you're making out.

• His only pick came on a halftime hail mary toss like 60+ yards in the air. He also got crushed into the turf pretty badly after the pick.
  • He had an early 90+ yard TD play called back by a holding penalty.
  • He had another forward pass that turned into like a 10-15 yard loss because the receiver thought he could change direction and run backwards around to the other side of the field instead of taking the gain he had (turning a short-yardage play on the next down into a sure upcoming punt).
  • His WRs, who rarely got much separation in the first place (at least that game), dropped I forget how many passes. I mean serious downfield passes, not little 5-yard outs that'd have gained just those 5 yards, and he hit them right in the hands and/or chest. However many it was, it wasn't just one or two. Not only would those passes have added 100+ more yardage stats on those plays & bumped his completion percentage, but they'd have further kept drives alive to allow even more yards & points.

None of that means he'll therefore be a good starting NFL QB, or even an acceptable backup NFL QB for that matter, but watch the game itself instead of just looking at the numbers. I don't know if there are any clips around that just highlight the plays & gains that should've been, through no fault of the passer, but my guess is no. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Coastal Carolina game is the only one I'd seen of Wilson's college career from beginning to end.

It was certainly no perfect game - he holds the ball too long a lot (no surprise there) & throws off-balance unnecessarily at times - but as I recall he didn't look nearly as bad as you're making out.

• His only pick came on a halftime hail mary toss like 60+ yards in the air. He also got crushed into the turf pretty badly after the pick.
  • He had an early 90+ yard TD play called back by a holding penalty.
  • He had another forward pass that turned into like a 10-15 yard loss because the receiver thought he could change direction and run backwards around to the other side of the field instead of taking the gain he had (turning a short-yardage play on the next down into a sure upcoming punt).
  • His WRs, who rarely got much separation in the first place (at least that game), dropped I forget how many passes. I mean serious downfield passes, not little 5-yard outs that'd have gained just those 5 yards, and he hit them right in the hands and/or chest. However many it was, it wasn't just one or two. Not only would those passes have added 100+ more yardage stats on those plays & bumped his completion percentage, but they'd have further kept drives alive to allow even more yards & points.

None of that means he'll therefore be a good starting NFL QB, or even an acceptable backup NFL QB for that matter, but watch the game itself instead of just looking at the numbers. I don't know if there are any clips around that just highlight the plays & gains that should've been, through no fault of the passer, but my guess is no. 

Wilson reminds me of JP Losman.  Nice arm. Arm strength is just one component.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dwight Englewood said:

Wilson reminds me of JP Losman.  Nice arm. Arm strength is just one component.

So... the deflection suggests you didn't actually watch the game.

I've no idea what he'll be. He certainly looked like crap as a rookie. If he looks like more of the same this year there'd have to be some seriously compelling excuses - in excess of the type you're gifting Darnold - to warrant a third look without a realistic other option to start the entire season.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol…..I’m just saying that’s where I think JD is going.  

Yea, I know. I'm gonna be pissed  if it's Gardner at #4. London, would be a reach. That would piss me off, because we weren't able to swing a trade for a WR. Douglas forcing his own hand.

2 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I’m a jets fan.  You’re a jets homer who thinks drafting a slow safety who would make Doug Jolley look like Travis Kelce in the top 10 is a good idea

Sure youre a Jets fan.  And Im a homer.  

Find one post where I think drafting a S, and an imaginary slow S, is my idea of a good pick. 

If youre going to troll, dont aspire to be the worst troll ever.  Somehow manage to bring some fact into the equation. I never said I wanted him and you repeating insistently that hes slow is dumb and wrong.  Doubling down by bringing Jolley and Kelce into it makes it worse not better.

Either way, troll away. Takes all kinds

• Thumb Down 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:38 PM, Jet Nut said:

Sure youre a Jets fan.  And Im a homer.  

Find one post where I think drafting a S, and an imaginary slow S, is my idea of a good pick. 

If youre going to troll, dont aspire to be the worst troll ever.  Somehow manage to bring some fact into the equation. I never said I wanted him and you repeating insistently that hes slow is dumb and wrong.  Doubling down by bringing Jolley and Kelce into it makes it worse not better.

Either way, troll away. Takes all kinds

This team is 6-22 last 2 years and yet anyone with even objective commentary according to you is a “troll”

Dumb franchises constantly draft DTs and Safeties in the top 10

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:29 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

So... the deflection suggests you didn't actually watch the game.

I've no idea what he'll be. He certainly looked like crap as a rookie. If he looks like more of the same this year there'd have to be some seriously compelling excuses - in excess of the type you're gifting Darnold - to warrant a third look without a realistic other option to start the entire season.

We already have a better option at qb on the roster.  Mike White needs to be the starter next season

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

This team is 6-22 last 2 years and yet anyone with even objective commentary according to you is a “troll”

Dumb franchises constantly draft DTs and Safeties in the top 10

And the troll keeps saying the same thing over and over again as if anyone here is calling for the jets to draft a S in the top 10

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

We already have a better option at qb on the roster.  Mike White needs to be the starter next season

Well he has fewer wins than Losman.  Fewer than Zach too.

But one win, oh man, thats an entire career.  

He'll get drafted by the Steelers and will become another Troy Polamalu. Then all of JN will be complaining about how come the Jets always pass over playmakers like him in the draft and instead draft someone who turns out to be a bust.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, New York Mick said:

That’s not the times I’m seeing online. I’m seeing 4.56

On 3/28/2022 at 9:38 PM, Stark said:

Still not great for a generational safety 

Ed Reed's 40 time was 4.57. Running the 40 with top speed isn't an important tangible for being a great safety. Football IQ, awareness, tackling ability, reaction time, and raw instinct are some of the important ones. Which, by the way, can't be measured or timed at the combine but only displayed on the field. Hamilton has displayed all of these besides a high 40 time.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:09 AM, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I like converting CBs to FS, the skill set translates well.  

Not really...if they're a CB that doesn't like to tackle, especially someone bigger than them, then it does not translate well.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:13 PM, rangerous said:

you never know.  a top guy like hamilton may already have been contacted by the team that's going to draft him.  these time trials/workout days really only help the kids that come from smaller programs or generally bad teams.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Yeah draft prospects tank their times on purpose all the time.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I like the way these guys think. They're the only ones on here who seem to think outside the box. As far as we know Hamilton may already have something lined up with a good team at the bottom of the draft...say like the Rams. They've been making deals for the last 3-4 years now that has me puzzled so it wouldn't surprise me if they have something shady planned with Hamilton under the table.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:55 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I assisted tackling Emmitt Smith when he played for Escambia HS and I was a SS for Cardinal Newman HS. He was good. ? 

So I've got that going for me. 

Assisted tackles aren't good enough on here, buddy. Have to get credit for the full tackle to post about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

He'll get drafted by the Steelers and will become another Troy Polamalu. Then all of JN will be complaining about how come the Jets always pass over playmakers like him in the draft and instead draft someone who turns out to be a bust.

Even if you are right, is it smart for the Jets to be drafting a safety that high given the needs we have at more important positions? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Even if you are right, is it smart for the Jets to be drafting a safety that high given the needs we have at more important positions? 

We do need a stud safety so it wouldn't be a bad thing. But, yes we do have other needs. The question is, is he better at his position then all the top DEs and CBs?

5 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Come on u know this is jets fans way. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Why would the steelers draft him when they already have a far superior player in minkah fitzpatrick

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Taking a FS that runs a 4.7 40 would be the ultimate Jetsy thing to do.

No way this is the move JD makes.   

He ran a 4.59 officially.. also for the record i dont want to draft him we got bigger needs.. but it think its funny watching yall try to pretend he isnt a baller. Cause of tweets that his 40 times all over the place ignoring his official time.. 

kyle is gonna be good player wherever he goes.. so much u can do with him. 

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He ran a 4.59 officially.. also for the record i dont want to draft him we got bigger needs.. but it think its funny watching yall try to pretend he isnt a baller. Cause tweets that his 40 times all over the place.. 

His time after weeks of practicing to do better after sleeping in his own bed

and running at his own school  were 1.5 tenths slower

• Upvote 1

Just now, hmhertz said:

Just like Polamalu except  that TP ran the forty in 4.33, jumped 43 1/2'', hoisted

225lbs up 25 times and had much bigger and reliable hands

He ran 4.4 flat officially .. he is also 5’10 with 43 vert.. kyle is 6’4 with a 38” vert and is 13lbs heavier. 

Just now, hmhertz said:

His time after weeks of practicing to do better after sleeping in his own bed

and running at his own school  were 1.5 tenths slower

Really cause i have seen tweets stating. 4.56 all the way to 4.7 so which one is exactly real? 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He ran a 4.59 officially.. also for the record i dont want to draft him we got bigger needs.. but it think its funny watching yall try to pretend he isnt a baller. Cause of tweets that his 40 times all over the place ignoring his official time.. 

Even if the 4.74 (which is the title of this thread) isn't accurate - 4.59 is far too slow for a FS to be taken anywhere near the top 10.

Speed in the NFL is important, particularly for a DB.  I'm sure someone will draft him early - I just hope it's not the Jets.

Note, I was one that was all for taking him early.  I had no problem taking a S if he was generational as he was being called.  But at that speed I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Even if the 4.74 (which is the title of this thread) isn't accurate - 4.59 is far too slow for a FS to be taken anywhere near the top 10.

Speed in the NFL is important, particularly for a DB.  I'm sure someone will draft him early - I just hope it's not the Jets.

Note, I was one that was all for taking him early.  I had no problem taking a S if he was generational as he was being called.  But at that speed I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.

some of the best safeties in todays nfl badger,bates and Simmons arent burners. 

3 hours ago, STLuLu said:

We do need a stud safety so it wouldn't be a bad thing. But, yes we do have other needs. The question is, is he better at his position then all the top DEs and CBs?

It's  definitely possible but that was the same argument for drafting Adams.

I'm not anti Hamilton, I just that think that edge,  OT and WR are significantly more valuable positions and they happen to be positions we could really use. So that's where I think we end up going since we can't even argue that Hamilton is some freak athlete. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Why would the steelers draft him when they already have a far superior player in minkah fitzpatrick

There's more than one kind of safety on the field. Fitzpatrick is an over-the-top FS. Hamilton plays all over the field like a SS. He can even play in the box at any LB position. 

57 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's  definitely possible but that was the same argument for drafting Adams.

I'm not anti Hamilton, I just that think that edge,  OT and WR are significantly more valuable positions and they happen to be positions we could really use. So that's where I think we end up going since we can't even argue that Hamilton is some freak athlete. 

I feel you. I can't disagree with you. But Hamilton isn't Adams. For some reason everyone on JN keep comparing the two. Adams is a one trick pony. Hamilton can do everything Adams can do but unlike Adams he is a ball hawk and he has good hands. Yeah, Adams 40 speed is higher which is the only thing he can do well that Hamilton can't but that dosen't mean he can't ball. If you check out his highlight reel on YouTube then you will see how fast he plays.