"I am extremely excited to be with the Lions"- J. Williams

First off, JD is not out of the woods. His career is linked to Zach. If Zach stinks it up again this season, JD is done here. Wilson was the worst QB in the NFL last season so he has a lot to prove. 
Secondly, 80%is out of line. I think you are confusing  fire him with I am unimpressed to this point. How the Jets do this season will go a long way in determining his future here. The pantry is stocked with his guys so it's  time to put up. 
I have been steadfast and will continue to be so throuought this year ...

Zach IS 'the one' ...

..... at least for 17 more games

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I have been steadfast and will continue to be so throuought this year ...

Zach IS 'the one' ...

..... at least for 17 more games

Would be nice.  I just wish he wasn't  so awful last season. Would be a lot easier for me to believe. 

On 5/4/2022 at 12:08 AM, FootballLove said:

I always feel bad for these kids coming out of college and starting their professional careers. They've been interviewed by half the league. They've spent time with the coaching staff, the GM, maybe the Owner. They've walked through the sparkling new buildings....weight rooms, study rooms, recovery rooms with massage tables, the cafeteria. 

They HAVE to have landed an absolute favorite they HOPE HOPE HOPE drafts them. And at the same time, they've decided to PRAY PRAY PRAY certain teams DON'T draft them. The thought of spending the next 4 or 5 years in some absolute sh*thole is soul crushing.

Then the draft starts....the team they want doesn't pick them...the team they HATE calls their name. And they have to act super excited to be going there.

Uggg. I couldn't do it. Hats off to these kids that pull it off.

Yeah must suck so bad to be drafted into the nfl at the top half of the first round ? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Come on people...he's a first round pick and going to get millions of bucks.  He isn't being sent to some sandbox in the middle east or a jungle in Vietnam...I don't feel sorry for this kid at all...suck it up...YOU'RE NOW A GD MILLIONAIRE!

Yeah but what do millions of dollars do for you when you’re stuck in Detroit in cold weather.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, More Cowbell said:

You are totally wrong on this. Wilson is the most important player he picked, not just another player. Actually anyone else or even the majority  of his players can fail but if Wilson is legit, that gives JD time to get the rest right, but if the QB is bad and you spent a high drat pick on him to boot with other QB's available who were also highly regarded,  that is not something he can survive. Personally I am hoping the light went on and he plays better but he was really bad last seaon so who knows

Why does 1 player dictate a gm getting fired? The cards gm wasn’t fired after Rosen failed. Rams gm wasn’t fired after Goff. The bengals have had the same gm for like 10 years after many losing seasons. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Why does 1 player dictate a gm getting fired? The cards gm wasn’t fired after Rosen failed. Rams gm wasn’t fired after Goff. The bengals have had the same gm for like 10 years after many losing seasons. 

Well ...tbh ... i would not view those franchises as paragons of NFL Football on which to emulate.

The rams and bengals just went to the super bowl and the cards were a playoff team 
Which is why I have hope for Jets in the next year or two .. Begals annual record before last year.... you believe in the Cards ?

8 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Rosen even though picked in round one was replaced with Kyler Murray in one season. That was going from bad to great. 

For all the bad things you can say about the Bengals, Andy Dalton though not great, got the job done, so did Goff for few years. 

I don't  think and of those QB's except maybe Rosen finished as badly as Wilson did. 

And here is why one player can get the GM fired.  You can't overcome bad QB play in today's NFL. The best example is Cleveland. They did everything they could to take the ball out of Bakers hands with Chubb and Hunt and it almost worked but when those two were injured and Baker was forced to pass a lot, well you should know what happened