"I am extremely excited to be with the Lions"- J. Williams

If he's pissed about where he went, being the 4th WR off the board, then I completely get it and that's actually a pretty good attitude to have. That injury is probably the only thing that kept him out of the top 10.

I doubt anyone's overly excited to play with the Lions, but they had a nice draft and they were a lot better than their record last year. They were something silly like 12-5 against the spread. I feel like they're a QB away from being a perennial playoff contender. 

• Upvote 3

He didn't seem too happy in his interview on NFL Network just after being drafted.  He was monosyllabic and gave off the impression that he really didn't want to be there.

Either he's very socially awkward, or he's not thrilled with where he ended up. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

no sympathy/time for people feeling sorry for themselves for who pays them millions of dollars to play sports 

I could have been a contender.   

- Barry Sanders

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

no sympathy/time for people feeling sorry for themselves for who pays them millions of dollars to play sports 

I could have been a contender

- Calvin Johnson 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Glad we drafted Wilson. Jameson was my preferred WR but he no doubt would have been upset to get drafted by the Jets. Id be even more upset after Mr Wilson pump his son up on another team.

Not going to get on him for feeling this way though. Just like I won’t be too harsh on Tannehill for not being a good teammate. Just like I wasnt hard on Rodgers for begging for a WR. Or for Lamar not being happy with one of his WRs being traded. So on and so forth.

These guys are human. I would preferred to play for a good team and be in a situation where I can excel. He was going to be a millionaire regardless of the team. No way does he not get drafted in the top 16.

• Upvote 1

I actually think Detroit could be building something. They were competitive last year (better than their record) and had a nice draft on paper. Aaron Rodgers won't be around to torment them much longer, and once he's gone, there is no other juggernaut in the division. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well, 80% of jet fans wanted Joe Douglas fired 6 days ago so not surprising.  Seeing the forrest through the trees is difficult for many.

First off, JD is not out of the woods. His career is linked to Zach. If Zach stinks it up again this season, JD is done here. Wilson was the worst QB in the NFL last season so he has a lot to prove. 

Secondly, 80%is out of line. I think you are confusing  fire him with I am unimpressed to this point. How the Jets do this season will go a long way in determining his future here. The pantry is stocked with his guys so it's  time to put up.