Which Road Games Are You Planning To Travel To

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Green Bay is awesome if you have never done it, but there is absolutely nothing to do besides the game. I'm debating between Denver and Pittsburgh. I've been to Denver, but not for a game. I've never been to Pitt. 

Had a great time at both.  Surprisingly enough, had some amazing tacos in Pittsburgh.  The famous sandwich place was underwhelming.

• Upvote 1

We are going to the following road games:

Cleveland - my Brother and his family live there and are Browns fans

Chicago - couple partners are Bears fans.  Love the jazz clubs on Rush St.

Buffalo - like to go to the Anchor bar for wings and will be visiting the Tesla, Fisher-Price and Moog while there.  Just a note, all are involved in the space program.  Also, before the Redstone Armory was upgraded in Huntsville, Bell Aerospace in Wheatfield, NY was where the Gemini and Apollo rocket engines where tested.  Only mention this because a lot of you tend to think of Buffalo as a red-neck village.  Oh, and Niagara Falls was the birthplace of Nabisco (well the Shredded Wheat part), Carborundum (moved there is 1895 after failing in PA) and the Olin corporations.  Not bad for a city with under 100,000 residents.  Kind of like Jasper, IN with a population of less than 10,000 but home to 3 multi-billion dollar conglomerates (two of the Kimball corporations and Jasper Transmissions btw).

• Upvote 1

Just now, GKnight83 said:

Buffalo - like to go to the Anchor bar for wings and will be visiting the Tesla, Fisher-Price and Moog while there.  Just a note, all are involved in the space program.  Also, before the Redstone Armory was upgraded in Huntsville, Bell Aerospace in Wheatfield, NY was where the Gemini and Apollo rocket engines where tested.  Only mention this because a lot of you tend to think of Buffalo as a red-neck village.  Oh, and Niagara Falls was the birthplace of Nabisco (well the Shredded Wheat part), Carborundum (moved there is 1895 after failing in PA) and the Olin corporations.  Not bad for a city with under 100,000 residents.  Kind of like Jasper, IN with a population of less than 10,000 but home to 3 multi-billion dollar conglomerates (two of the Kimball corporations and Jasper Transmissions btw).

Forgot the Detroit game - we live in the area.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Do you guys think it'll be Hepatitis, murder by a drifter, or eaten by bed bugs that does me in?

My boss is very let's say frugal. If we are visiting customers and I let him choose the hotels, he finds places far far worse than that. One of them did indeed have bed bugs and those are an experience I wouldn;t wish on an enemy.. I was amazed how quickly everything went. Flights are pretty ridiculous too so planning on flying to Chicago and driving.

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

My boss is very let's say frugal. If we are visiting customers and I let him choose the hotels, he finds places far far worse than that. One of them did indeed have bed bugs and those are an experience I wouldn;t wish on an enemy.. I was amazed how quickly everything went. Flights are pretty ridiculous too so planning on flying to Chicago and driving.

The flight issue is also about timing.  I want to be home Sunday night and best way to do that without having to rush out of the game is actually Chicago.

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Green Bay is awesome if you have never done it, but there is absolutely nothing to do besides the game. I'm debating between Denver and Pittsburgh. I've been to Denver, but not for a game. I've never been to Pitt. 

Guys often stay in Milwaukee and make the 2 hour drive. It’s a very easy drive and there’s much more going on in Milwaukee 

4 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Bears game is at Metlife

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Green Bay - though getting there is a huge pain in the ass, most of the hotels already sold out (why?!?!?) and the sh*tty ones left are still 300/night.

Don’t stay in Green Bay. Stay in Milwaukee. Less than a 2 hour easy drive and tons more to do. 
 Check this out - https://www.hyatt.com/shop/MKEZW?rooms=1&adults=2&checkinDate=2022-10-15&checkoutDate=2022-10-17&kids=0&src=google_paidmeta_MKEZW_localuniversal_2_US_desktop_2022-10-15_selected___organic

less tha $120 a night a a 3 star Hyatt. Many other option just nortH of Milwaukee on I 43.

I live about 1:45 from Lambeau and of course we drive the day of the game. Easy in and out. Parking is simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Don’t stay in Green Bay. Stay in Milwaukee. Less than a 2 hour easy drive and tons more to do. 
 Check this out - https://www.hyatt.com/shop/MKEZW?rooms=1&adults=2&checkinDate=2022-10-15&checkoutDate=2022-10-17&kids=0&src=google_paidmeta_MKEZW_localuniversal_2_US_desktop_2022-10-15_selected___organic

less tha $120 a night a a 3 star Hyatt. Many other option just nortH of Milwaukee on I 43.

I live about 1:45 from Lambeau and of course we drive the day of the game. Easy in and out. Parking is simple.

Good thought.  Will definitely look into this too.  Thank you!

19 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I've got 20 acres of hunting/recreational land in Adams county if you guys can't find a hotel.  It's about 2 hours from Lambeau and 20 minutes to Sand Valley. 

Sleep in your rental car and bring some bug spray lol. 

Room for an RV?  :) Just kidding that is too far for me to drive.

15 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

You guys talking about going to a place nicknamed the 'Dog Pound' are out of your minds. That name alone doesn't sound family friendly. 

As an ohio native, and attending multiple browns/jet games, it is FAR from family friendly in their muni lot (Majority of their tailgating crowds). 

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Room for an RV?  :) Just kidding that is too far for me to drive.

There’s room for 5000 RVs!

We could hold Woodstock 22 there before the game.

I have a big pole barn where I keep my camper, tools, and torture chamber!

Everyone is welcome!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I’d be interested in Pittsburgh one of our kids lives there but if you drive it’s a longer trip than you would think so probably fly. 

I was supposed to drive to NYC this weekend from Pittsburgh. Man I got sleepy just by the thought of that 6 and a half hour drive and stayed in PA instead.

• 3 weeks later...