Flacco/Wilson hypothetical

AFJF

I don't see how this is even a question. Flacco doesn't have winning seasons in him and it's not like if he got a hot hand the rest of the team is ready for a Super Bowl run. Wilson is their guy gets as many games as he is healthy to play. Either he performs and justifies his position or he flails and justifies Douglas looking elsewhere for a QB. The team needs to end the season knowing whether Wilson is heading in one direction or the other. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No.  Not even remotely true.

In fact when he did come back he was still banged up - probably should have sat out an additional week.  If anything they rushed him back.

We seem to remember  this very differently. Even the announcers were saying Zach looked like he was ready 2 weeks before he played and he was not banged up when he came back. I don't  recall Zach favoring anything while playing when he returned. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

We seem to remember  this very differently. Even the announcers were saying Zach looked like he was ready 2 weeks before he played and he was not banged up when he came back. I don't  recall Zach favoring anything while playing when he returned. 

Yeah, I think he was healthy enough to return for the fish but that the staff wanted to wait for the lighter defensive opponent the following week. 

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

New York Jets QB Zach Wilson returns but admits knee still not 100%

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32739486/new-york-jets-qb-zach-wilson-returns-admits-knee-not-100

HOUSTON -- After a sloppy return to the starting lineup, New York Jetsquarterback Zach Wilson said Sunday that his right knee -- sprained five weeks ago -- still isn't 100%.

"It's not fully healed and we understand that, but I feel good to play -- and that's why I'm playing," the rookie said after a 21-14 victory over the Houston Texansat NRG Stadium. "I understand that. Sometimes it's going to shift and stretch a little bit, but there's no damage that can come from that. You just have to walk it off and move on."

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

New York Jets QB Zach Wilson returns but admits knee still not 100%

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32739486/new-york-jets-qb-zach-wilson-returns-admits-knee-not-100

HOUSTON -- After a sloppy return to the starting lineup, New York Jetsquarterback Zach Wilson said Sunday that his right knee -- sprained five weeks ago -- still isn't 100%.

"It's not fully healed and we understand that, but I feel good to play -- and that's why I'm playing," the rookie said after a 21-14 victory over the Houston Texansat NRG Stadium. "I understand that. Sometimes it's going to shift and stretch a little bit, but there's no damage that can come from that. You just have to walk it off and move on."

That doesn't  sound like he was "Banged Up"

Just now, More Cowbell said:

That doesn't  sound like he was "Banged Up"

tt's okay to be wrong sometimes.  No one will think less of you.  You really don't need to call me out on semantics.

He didn't sit out the Miami game because they were afraid of the team - they brought him back before he was 100% a week later..

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

tt's okay to be wrong sometimes.  No one will think less of you.  You really don't need to call me out on semantics.

He didn't sit out the Miami game because they were afraid of the team - they brought him back before he was 100% a week later..

Ok, it's  also ok not to have a realistic  view of injuries in the NFL. Nobody  is 100% that late in the season. Everyone is playing hurt 

3 hours ago, slats said:

And yet Flacco is the obvious and clear #2 QB in training camp. Both JD and Saleh love the guy. With all the talent Douglas has brought in this year, those last cuts are gonna be tough. One of those decisions could be between keeping White as the #3 QB, or keeping a valuable reserve somewhere else who’s far more likely to see the field. Mike White would easily clear waivers with his $2.5M salary. They’re probably more likely to be able to get him on their practice squad than the whoever 6th edge or WR turns out to be. 

Well minor disagreements here...I doubt very much Saleh loves this guy, he saw the old vet qb wet the bed when given the opportunity last year. JD likes him no doubt -and his affinity matters, but i doubt very much that it will hold much weight this year as saleh comes into his own as a coach. I don't mean this is some kind of power struggle kind of way, I just mean that Saleh will say white gives us best chance to win joe, flacco is riding the pine

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

IM NEVER WRONG!!!!!!! AGHGHGHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSOIHJSEOIRGHWRIOFHVEWIOCNWEIOCNEWOIBNWEOIGBEWOIGFHWESIOPFHSPOEFIHEW

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hear me out....

If we're sitting 1-5 and Gardner Minshew is available, you send Flacco back to Philly for the Mullet and his van down by the gym. 

Hannibal Lecter Thank You GIF

Great to see this view getting a modicum of traction. There is no good reason why Minshew is not already a Jet. JD called the right team but made a deal for the wrong player last season. And FYI I think #2 should get every snap unless injured. Just wish Minshew was the Plan B instead of Flacco.

doesn't sound like flacco will be pushing wilson out of the way any time soon or ever.  i think the only thing i can see besides flacco starting if wilson can't play is for him to relieve him if it looks like he needs to settle down.  this is much like what groh did to vinny in the miracle game.