Mims will make the roster

Bronx

Mims is definitely on the bubble. All you can say right now but at least his is making a case for himself. I think he will survive. I didn't a month ago.

White is going to end up on the PS. Jets have to roll the dice. Too many good players to protect. Finally!

• Sympathy 2

Mims is definitely on the bubble. All you can say right now but at least his is making a case for himself. I think he will survive. I didn't a month ago.
White is going to end up on the PS. Jets have to roll the dice. Too many good players to protect. Finally!
I hope.he squeezes into the 53

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, BUT...

As has been discussed here before, a fifth receiver who plays special teams has an edge over a guy who does not.

The fact that Mims has been getting special teams reps tells me that the coaching staff is looking to make a case to keep Mims on team.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Makes sense. But do you think Mims is okay being "in development" for another year or two. Or will he demand more play time since he is a second round pick in his third year.

He can demand whatever he wants; doesn't mean he'll get it. He has to put in the time, and be ready for the moment which he wasn't last year (for whatever reason). The team wants him to succeed they aren't holding him back. I think if Mims is smart he'll get paid, get better, and not make any stupid demands knowing the team will give him every opportunity to succeed long term.  

• Upvote 2

From Rosensplattt

But Mims’ work has been almost exclusively with Mike White at quarterback, while Smith — a standout in the spring — has been getting his reps with Zach Wilson and Joe Flacco, making plays with both of them. On Wilson’s perfect 8-for-8 day in team drills on Wednesday, Smith caught one of the passes. He caught a touchdown in red zone drills from Flacco on Monday

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

This got lost with all the tweets about how atrocious the OL was yesterday. Between getting some work on special teams and now getting elevated to work with the starters, it does seem as if Mims has been making a case for himself. That can only be seen as a positive development. I know that in recent years WRs have been hitting the ground running right out of school a lot more often but years ago it was the norm for them to take two or three years just to get acclimated. Maybe Mims really did just have some bad luck his first couple years. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

This got lost with all the tweets about how atrocious the OL was yesterday. Between getting some work on special teams and now getting elevated to work with the starters, it does seem as if Mims has been making a case for himself. That can only be seen as a positive development. I know that in recent years WRs have been hitting the ground running right out of school a lot more often but years ago it was the norm for them to take two or three years just to get acclimated. Maybe Mims really did just have some bad luck his first couple years. 

It is interesting that Mims is working on specials this year.  He was on roster almost all season and played in 11 games with zero ST snaps.  People felt they were punishing him and had him in the doghouse, but maybe he was just struggling with the playbook and they didn't want to put more on his plate.  Similarly, it was good to hear that Cager was working on specials.  He has been a fringe guy for a couiple of years here and with the Browns and I don't think he got any.  It will certainly help their chances of making the team. 

Mimsy is going to make plays for this team this year.  And with Corey Davis's injury history, his role might be bigger then we think.  This is a new Mimsy this year.
If Davis continues his dropping ways ... bench him for Mims for a few series.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2