"All gas, no brake", "I'm taking receipts with the negativity", "Only positive vibes".

Alka

If I want to hire someone to make billboards for me, I'm definitely hiring Robert Saleh!  

If I want someone to coach my team, I don't want anyone coming up with empty sayings and platitudes.

I think Joe Douglas said it best: "I expect to be playing meaningful games in December".

Joe Douglas is correct.  We will be playing meaningful games in December to get a very high draft choice once again.  How high can we go?  Depends on how many games we lose in December, when our record is like 3-10.

I think I like when Al Davis, owner of the Raiders said it best:  "Just win Baby!!!"  No bullsh*t, just win the f-ing game!

• Thumb Down 2

• 1 month later...

As surprising (in a good way) as this team has been this year, tomorrow is going to go a long way towards Saleh being able to cash in those receipts.  We haven't beaten the Pats in New England in a regular season game since 2008.  As much as it's a huge game for ZW to stand up, it's probably a bigger game for Saleh and this CS.  

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As surprising (in a good way) as this team has been this year, tomorrow is going to go a long way towards Saleh being able to cash in those receipts.  We haven't beaten the Pats in New England in a regular season game since 2008.  As much as it's a huge game for ZW to stand up, it's probably a bigger game for Saleh and this CS.  

Agree.  This game is massive for many reasons.  Did Wilson actually turn the corner on understanding his role as an NFL QB and will he apply that suggested wisdom against an opposing HC that is known to give shaky QB's a hard time ??? Will Saleh and his CS prove their worth by having the team prepared to play this game ??? Is JD's new roster able to execute the game plan ???  Are the Jets going to prove to be the better team than the Patriots and define themselves as a quality contender ???

This is the most significant game for the Jets and fans in over a decade.  

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

every week is a must win for one reason  or another with this fanbase 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It's funny you say that because I have found myself many weeks thinking "this is going to be the real test". 

Winning in Denver felt like a big deal, even though they're clearly not at their best.

Winning in Pittsburgh was the same story. 

Beating Aaron Rodgers was a game where we faced a true great QB (rather than a 2nd or 3rd stringer like we had previously been beating).  

Beating Buffalo was a stunning win.

Now New England in New England (for our first win since 2008 and the idea that Saleh can beat BB) is another huge test. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

This is not a must-win game by the numbers.  They can still get a wild card and even win the division despite a loss in this game.  But if they do lose, what's the point ??? If they can't get over the top of this particular bar, they won't be the quality team that we all want to see. 

They surprised many by taking down Beefalo... BUT.

The Patriots and Belichick have been in their way much, MUCH longer than Beefalo. 

Not only is this a must win for every reason other than it not being a determining win for a playoff birth, but there are NO moral victories tomorrow.

This is for all the marbles.   

On Monday all will be calling the Jets a contender or a pretender. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

This is not a must-win game by the numbers.  They can still get a wild card and even win the division despite a loss in this game.  But if they do lose, what's the point ??? If they can't get over the top of this particular bar, they won't be the quality team that we all want to see. 

The Patriots and Belichick have been in their way much, MUCH longer than Beefalo. 

Not only is this a must win for every reason other than it not being a determining win for a playoff birth, but there are NO moral victories tomorrow.

No it’s not 

in 2010 we went into that sh*thole tied for first place at 9-2 and proceeded to get rampaged 45-3. We then followed that embarrassment with a loss to miami. That team made it to the afccg

The game two weeks ago vs NE was “for all the marbles” as well. What happened after that loss? 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

This game doesn’t matter, imo. They’ve already exceeded expectations. Anything they do from here is gravy. 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I agree with this, biggest game since our melt down vs buffalo with fitz.

We win and we can legit talk about playoffs, we lose and it is not happening.  The pats are not a great team we lose this one and we are not winning enough after this to get into the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

If I want to hire someone to make billboards for me, I'm definitely hiring Robert Saleh!  
If I want someone to coach my team, I don't want anyone coming up with empty sayings and platitudes.
I think Joe Douglas said it best: "I expect to be playing meaningful games in December".
Joe Douglas is correct.  We will be playing meaningful games in December to get a very high draft choice once again.  How high can we go?  Depends on how many games we lose in December, when our record is like 3-10.
I think I like when Al Davis, owner of the Raiders said it best:  "Just win Baby!!!"  No bullsh*t, just win the f-ing game!

This aged well…..
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

If we lose to the Pats again I’m gonna cry. 

Nice four game acid test upcoming: @Pats, Bears at home, @Vikings, @Bills. Agree that beating the Pats in Foxboro is a huge heat check, but there are better measuring-stick games upcoming. The Pats are in stasis until they can re-hire McDaniels again on the cheap. 

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, Alka said:

I don't understand why some of you want to go back to September 25th, when the world thought the Jets sucked, and decide to give me a "thumbs down".  I mean, I along with all of you, thought the Jets were awful at that time.  C'mon guys, give me a break!  lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

I don't understand why some of you want to go back to September 25th, when the world thought the Jets sucked, and decide to give me a "thumbs down".  I mean, I along with all of you, thought the Jets were awful at that time.  C'mon guys, give me a break!  lol

When I brought this thread back, I didn't do it to be insulting.  I just wanted to reply to a post where Saleh talked about "receipts" because I think this is a huge "prove it" week for both this team and CS.  If he wants to start cashing in on receipts then win the game today.

Btw, I felt the exact same way you did.  I hated all the talk.  Prove it on the field.  I still think it was embarrassing that Saleh said that.  

• Upvote 2

This is actually pretty close to a must-win game according to the numbers. I can’t remember the exact figures but our chances of getting into the playoffs go up close to 70% with a win and down to like 20% with a loss. The reason being that our division is so closely packed together that we can lose out on a wildcard spot due to tiebreakers within the division if we end up all with the same record.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Alka said:

It’s kinda a thing here. I was right there with you to be honest. The turn around was miraculous and other than couple posters I think it’s safe to say most people were at least heading to the cliff too! 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He’s cashed those receipts.  Stop moving the goalposts.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s cashed those receipts.  Stop moving the goalposts.  

Maybe to you but not yet to me.  Yes, we're no longer a laughingstock and yes we beat the Bills.  Both are good signs.  

But how does Saleh stack up to the GOAT HC while on the road in a must-win game for the Pats?  That's going to be a good measuring stick (though not the last one).  He has stuff to prove this entire season.  The days of low expectations are over. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe to you but not yet to me.  Yes, we're no longer a laughingstock and yes we beat the Bills.  Both are good signs.  

But how does Saleh stack up to the GOAT HC while on the road in a must-win game for the Pats?  That's going to be a good measuring stick (though not the last one).  He has stuff to prove this entire season.  The days of low expectations are over. 

We’re  not a laughingstock, we beat one of the best, if not the best team in the league.  We will have a winning record through November and fighting for the division lead.  We have a top of the league defense and roster waiting for the QB to develop but still winning while the QB is the weak part of the equation.  But that’s not enough in year two?  
They’ve turned this team around, given us a reason to watch games every week.  I actually put the game on with a belief we can win any game for the first time in years.  But that’s not enough until Saleh beats Belichick, it’s man to man?  A second year HC has to be better than a 25 year HC, maybe the best ever? 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re  not a laughingstock, we beat one of the best, if not the best team in the league.  We will have a winning record through November and fighting for the division lead.  We have a top of the league defense and roster waiting for the QB to develop but still winning while the QB is the weak part of the equation.  But that’s not enough in year two?  
They’ve turned this team around, given us a reason to watch games every week.  I actually put the game on with a belief we can win any game for the first time in years.  But that’s not enough until Saleh beats Belichick, it’s man to man?  A second year HC has to be better than a 25 year HC, maybe the best ever? 

That's correct.  It's not enough.

The goal is to be a real competitor.  To be able to take on the toughest challenges and fight our way through them.  It doesn't even necessarily mean we have to win. but we'd damn well better put up a heck of a fight.   If they outplay us then they deserve to win.  But I don't want to see this team beat itself with idiocy.  Saleh needs to get this team to bring its A game today.  

• More Ugh 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's funny you say that because I have found myself many weeks thinking "this is going to be the real test". 

Winning in Denver felt like a big deal, even though they're clearly not at their best.

Winning in Pittsburgh was the same story. 

Beating Aaron Rodgers was a game where we faced a true great QB (rather than a 2nd or 3rd stringer like we had previously been beating).  

Beating Buffalo was a stunning win.

Now New England in New England (for our first win since 2008 and the idea that Saleh can beat BB) is another huge test. 

And if we win this week....next week will be a "huge test" to see if the Jets can avoid the "let down" spot.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

And if we win this week....next week will be a "huge test" to see if the Jets can avoid the "let down" spot.

Today's game is against a divisional opponent, who we've lost to once already.  And it determines if we're in 1st place or last place.  So spare me the BS.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Today's game is against a divisional opponent, who we've lost to once already.  And it determines if we're in 1st place or last place.  So spare me the BS.

WTF are you talking about?  I was agreeing with you.  Every week is a huge test.  It's the NFL.

Don't ever talk to me like that again.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

WTF are you talking about?  I was agreeing with you.  Every week is a huge test.  It's the NFL.

Don't ever talk to me like that again.

My mistake.  I thought you were in agreement with JetNut, mocking the idea that this week was a huge test.