<<<<<<< Jets vs Bears -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Why SHOULDN'T we "love White"?  In his 4 starts we have two of the best passing games of the last decade or two, one great start cut short by an injury (Colts) and one bad game against the leagues best pass D at that time.

So why shouldn't we love him a little?

Because he's a mid-round pick?  

Because he doesn't have some mythical "elite ceiling"?

Because a few other teams cut him?

I gotta tell you, if feels like we have a potential Kirk Cousins here, or something akin, and all most Jets Fans want to do is tone down ANY idea that White could, in fact, be an NFL starter.  Because one bad game against Buffalo, a "bad game" where he still threw for more yards than the best games of many other against that same D.  Yeah, turnovers, got it.

Mike White has shown me enough in his four starts that I would want to see him get a fair shake at being our starter.  Not temporary.  Not placeholder.  Not "till Zach sorts things out".  Maybe not even "till we sign Jimmy G next offseason" or the like.  A strait up fair shot to keep starting, and see where he can take us.

YES - 2 of his first 4 starts have been legit great

he is the QB prospect to develop now 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Why SHOULDN'T we "love White"?  In his 4 starts we have two of the best passing games of the last decade or two, one great start cut short by an injury (Colts) and one bad game against the leagues best pass D at that time.

So why shouldn't we love him a little?

Because he's a mid-round pick?  

Because he doesn't have some mythical "elite ceiling"?

Because a few other teams cut him?

I gotta tell you, if feels like we have a potential Kirk Cousins here, or something akin, and all most Jets Fans want to do is tone down ANY idea that White could, in fact, be an NFL starter.  Because one bad game against Buffalo, a "bad game" where he still threw for more yards than the best games of many other against that same D.  Yeah, turnovers, got it.

Mike White has shown me enough in his four starts that I would want to see him get a fair shake at being our starter.  Not temporary.  Not placeholder.  Not "till Zach sorts things out".  Maybe not even "till we sign Jimmy G next offseason" or the like.  A strait up fair shot to keep starting, and see where he can take us.

Spot on.

White could be the player we were hoping Wilson could be...

It was a great move for Saleh and the coaching staff to bench Zach, it was an act of accountability and what was best for the team.

Just like they did to Elijah Moore

White looked outstanding...

He IS our QB!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, gandolfthewhite said:

I hate to say this but that drive was reminiscent of when Chad Pennington first came in also

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

no "hate" needed... That Is Actually an Uber Compliment.... as I was watching the game I thought the same thing... Chad was Great, if it wasn't for injuries, he would have been an All Time Great... imo...

• Sympathy 1

Dude has the "it factor", the je ne sais quoi

/ˌZHə nə sā ˈkwä/

You just felt it watching MFW move the offense. Knows the playback, threaded the needle, got rid of the ball and trusted his receivers.
High accuracy and command of the offense. Reminded me of Chad with a great arm.

He only has played in a few games and has aced it and has great early returns.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Minnesota will be a real test and naturally I hope that we win and MW has a good game . . . but even if we lose, if MW has a decent game and we don’t get blown out I think that would be respectable against a 9-2 team.

Also passing yards should not be the main statistic of success to judge MW next week. Zach’s biggest passing game was in our first loss to the Pats back in October when he threw for 355 yds (more yds than MW did against the Bears) 100 yds of that was on the final drive of the game. But Zach only completed less than 50% of his passes and threw more interceptions than he did TD’s, and most importantly missed open receivers all over the field in the 2nd half of that game.