The Jets can win BIG with Mike White in 2023, provided a few things ..

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree that we should get a quarterback that doesn’t leave points off the board. Can you name one? 

Perhaps it’s just bad luck, but I can’t shake the feeling that there’s been a lid on the end zone the last two weeks. Not all Whites fault, but it’s on him to get points on the board. Maybe our expectations have gotten out of whack. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Perhaps it’s just bad luck, but I can’t shake the feeling that there’s been a lid on the end zone the last two weeks. Not all Whites fault, but it’s on him to get points on the board. Maybe our expectations have gotten out of whack. 

100%. The old Parcells quote was that the quarterback’s job is to score TDs which (iirc) is why he ended the Glenn Foley Era. Optimistically, it might just be an issue of experience and trust between White and his receivers. I think LaFleur is still calling plays he had for Zach in the red zone that presume the QB is a threat to run, which White simply can’t take advantage of. Bottom line, White has to show some creativity down close, or the Jets need to cook up a power running game quickly. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Why did he leave last year cause he had a tingly finger? Why did he leave the first time today after getting the wind knocked out of him? 

Why does he stand like a statue in the pocket unable to avoid pressure?

Yeah....WOW....So, Hi Zach's Mom.

Its the ONLY explanation for such stupidity.  Truly.  

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A little different, though. White sticking a pass in Berrios’s chest to potentially win the game vs JFM’s hit. That didn’t erase Zach sucking outright for weeks on end

No it didn't but if the Jets beat the Pats there ZW is 6-1 as a starter and hard to pull the plug on regardless. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Only problem with the guys you mentioned, as far as the Jets are concerned, is that the vast majority of them were 1st rounders.  Hurts(2nd) and Brady(6th) are the only ones who weren't.  

After failing on a 3rd overall in 2018 and a 2nd overall in 2021(jury is still out but it's definitely trending that way), I have a hard time seeing this team spend another 1st on a QB for a while.  I think, like many have said, they'll most likely go the route of a veteran or try to get lucky with their own version of Hurts or Brady.  

One guy to keep an eye on though, IF the Jets really fall in love with him, is Anthony Richardson out of Florida.  Especially if we bring back White.  Richardson is the type of guy who will probably need a couple of years on the bench but the upside is massive.  Mocks have him moving up so he's probably looking at the late 1st at worst.  

Other than this though, if the guy isn't White OR Wilson, I think our best bet is Carr.  A dude right on the cusp, much like Stafford was for a long time before he was dealt.  In a good situation which is what I'd consider the Jets to be, he could reach that next level IMO.  No idea what the cost would be though to bring him in.

Yes to Richardson.  Developmental project with major upside. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Four of the INTs came in one game against the #1 defense and two of them came in the Pats game when they were down by 30.

Right, point is that we don't know what White is yet, he's had a few games that might be just outliers or maybe they will become the norms,  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Oh no someone is criticizing the amazing Mike White!!! They must be Zachs mom! 

come on man 

Not at all.  The idiocy is in what you have said throughout this thread.

Want to see a criticism?  Mike White might be a little small to take the beating of an NFL QB.  He might need another 20 pounds of muscle.

He has done a FANTASTIC job of moving the ball down the field (something Zach can't do), but has not been able to translate that into TD's.  That could be a scheme issue, that could be a Mike White issue.  Time will tell.

White needs to be more mobile.  He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, but he can't be 1972 pocket passer either.

There, you see?  THAT is criticism.  The crap you have been saying is just desperate hope that your boy Zach will be back soon.  He won't.  

49 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not at all.  The idiocy is in what you have said throughout this thread.

Want to see a criticism?  Mike White might be a little small to take the beating of an NFL QB.  He might need another 20 pounds of muscle.

He has done a FANTASTIC job of moving the ball down the field (something Zach can't do), but has not been able to translate that into TD's.  That could be a scheme issue, that could be a Mike White issue.  Time will tell.

White needs to be more mobile.  He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, but he can't be 1972 pocket passer either.

There, you see?  THAT is criticism.  The crap you have been saying is just desperate hope that your boy Zach will be back soon.  He won't.  

Show me where I’ve been defending Zach or saying that I want him to start this week. Keep going with the assumptions. 

I’ve said that he’s been pretty good between the 20s multiple times. You guys get so upset when someone criticizes MW. Calling their opinions “ idiocy” or “stupidity”. What have I said that is so outlandish? 

Anybody who actually watched the game knows that Mike White makes great anticipation throws.  It’s all about if the organization wants to take a chance and develop and invest in him.  I don’t know if it will work out but I can definitely see the potential

10 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Your hero Zach has 4td 5ints and a 43.2 QBR

I'm on record here from pre draft till now saying I wanted Justin Fields over Zach , so no Zach isn't my hero.  In addition  I've admitted in multiple threads that Zach had played poorly and deserved to get benched. But do I feel White is the answer and worthy of all the hoopla surrounding a 2-5 QB certainly not - so save your hero worship nonsense for yourself and Mike F'n White .  

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2022 at 5:30 PM, BurntDice said:

Show me where I’ve been defending Zach or saying that I want him to start this week. Keep going with the assumptions. 

I’ve said that he’s been pretty good between the 20s multiple times. You guys get so upset when someone criticizes MW. Calling their opinions “ idiocy” or “stupidity”. What have I said that is so outlandish? 

Plus nobody wants to admit that NFL defenses, the rules and the field itself make moving the ball between the 20's pretty rutine in the NFL.  Most NFL D's are actually designed  to allow the short passing game.  Not that Zach was actually doing that.  He wasn't.  

10 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Your hero Zach has 4td 5ints and a 43.2 QBR

.. you literally cant help yourself .. can you ? It's like a nervous tick .. ... did you find our Zach WIlson is actually your father a couple months ago ?  Just a sad set of posts for a noob.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Plus nobody wants to admit that NFL defenses, the rules and the field itself make moving the ball between the 20's pretty rutine in the NFL.  Most NFL D's are actually designed  to allow the short passing game.  Not that Zach was actually doing that.  He wasn't.  

Agreed this season especially teams have been good with red zone D. Between the 20s? Not so much. The difference between winning and losing big games is success in the red zone