Jets Playoffs Chances/Mike White Has a Chance To Become King of NY

T0mShane

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

I thought today’s game was at Lambeau, but not so. Packers usually get slaughtered when in Miami…Let’s hope Santa has one more present left for us today.

Game-time weather seems favorable however: https://lombardiave.com/2022/12/23/packers-lucky-break-weather-week-16-dolphins/

Packers get lucky break with weather in Week 16 matchup with Dolphins

When a road matchup with the Miami Dolphins is on the schedule, you accept it will probably be hot. It certainly was when the Green Bay Packers last played there eight years ago.

Well, not on Christmas Day.

I need 40 points from Christian Watson to have a prayer of advancing to the finals of my fantasy league

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Mike White has a huge heart but a marshmallow body. He needs to gain muscle mass to endure those vicious hits; he will not survive this league otherwise.

Merry Christmas to an 82nd dude (of which my father was a proud veteran of in WWII E Co. 505). I'll tell you Bronx I disagree with this whole "Mike White isn't durable enough" thing that so many have been saying about him. This had nothing to do with anything he could have done, he could have been bulking up for a year in advance and still that shot he took from Matt Milano would have cracked the ribs of any other QB playing football today.

This was all about a lousy blocking scheme and an untouched blitzing LBer hitting a man at full speed. The Jets need to hire a better offensive line coach and need to fix their training staff so that maybe the team doesn't sustain so many devastating injuries next year.  

ANY human being taking a shot like this will be hurt and Mike is lucky that he was so bendable or he could have really been seriously damaged for life

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Merry Christmas to an 82nd dude (of which my father was a proud veteran of in WWII E Co. 505). I'll tell you Bronx I disagree with this whole "Mike White isn't durable enough" thing that so many have been saying about him. This had nothing to do with anything he could have done, he could have been bulking up for a year in advance and still that shot he took from Matt Milano would have cracked the ribs of any other QB playing football today.
This was all about a lousy blocking scheme and an untouched blitzing LBer hitting a man at full speed. The Jets need to hire a better offensive line coach and need to fix their training staff so that maybe the team doesn't sustain so many devastating injuries next year.  
ANY human being taking a shot like this will be hurt and Mike is lucky that he was so bendable or he could have really been seriously damaged for life
Oh.. so OL matters

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Oh.. so OL matters emoji849.pngemoji362.pngemoji848.png

For the millionth time, no one in the history of JN has argued that OL doesn’t matter. However, plenty don’t believe it is the difference between a QB being literally the worst in the league or being a franchise guy.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach beat the Fins earlier this season but at home, he had over 200 yards no picks sacked twice, but with Breece Hall.  Look White isn’t the be all end all of this team. He’s 1-2 and if our Oline isn’t good and no running game hard to beat Seattle and Miami away. I’m hoping Ty Johnson and Carter are our main running backs not Knight. 

Wilson’s confidence is shot so both him and Flacco are not giving the Jets the best chance or any chance to win these last 2 games. If White isn’t cleared for contact our only chance to win is with Strev. They would have to try and gear the O in 1 weeks time for the way he plays and just let the chips fall where they may. It would be our only hope at this point.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Wilson’s confidence is shot so both him and Flacco are not giving the Jets the best chance or any chance to win these last 2 games. If White isn’t cleared for contact our only chance to win is with Strev. They would have to try and gear the O in 1 weeks time for the way he plays and just let the chips fall where they may. It would be our only hope at this point.

If Strev suits up he shouldn't be the starter no way. He had moderate success no points and that was with a bending defense giving him yardage. He could have a role and a package but I'd start Zach or Flacco over him. Look I don't know about Wilson's confidence being so shot. He played last week in very bad weather conditions, had almost no run support and he was terrible. The previous week he showed up and for most of the game was competitive and put the team in a position to win. The team has won 5 games with him as starter so he's not as abysmal as some fans are saying. If White is healthy he'll start. 

18 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

This isn't the CFL.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm more interested if his story wall got picked up by any publishers.

If it does and Jets are forced into PR damage control to have a summit with Kevin to hash it out I humbly request he wear a JI shirt to the meeting.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Strev suits up he shouldn't be the starter no way. He had moderate success no points and that was with a bending defense giving him yardage. He could have a role and a package but I'd start Zach or Flacco over him. Look I don't know about Wilson's confidence being so shot. He played last week in very bad weather conditions, had almost no run support and he was terrible. The previous week he showed up and for most of the game was competitive and put the team in a position to win. The team has won 5 games with him as starter so he's not as abysmal as some fans are saying. If White is healthy he'll start. 

I agree with this.  Streveler is a gadget guy at most.   Look at how wide open Uzomah was on this play.  This is the easiest TD a QB is ever going to get.  Yet, Strev threw a duck that required a terrific catch.  

5507609_StrevelerdidntthrowforaTDhere.JPG.09028e3baebbd203f19ee701683486dc.JPG

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

My opinion is Zach never takes another snap for the jets.

nita conspiracy guy in any way but his moms comment about the fanbase can’t be sitting well with jet brass. That alone is not it but to me is a glimpse of what has been going on.

then coincidentally you have glasers report. Too much coincidence for me and the comment by his mom was very calculated

if mw can’t go , I think you see flacco

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

My opinion is Zach never takes another snap for the jets.

nita conspiracy guy in any way but his moms comment about the fanbase can’t be sitting well with jet brass. That alone is not it but to me is a glimpse of what has been going on.

then coincidentally you have glasers report. Too much coincidence for me and the comment by his mom was very calculated

if mw can’t go , I think you see flacco

I have a feeling there's something up with Flacco and they don't want to play him.  Hopefully MW is okay and can play.  But if he can't, and Flacco isn't an option then I think ZW has to play over Strev.  The playoffs are still at stake here.  We can't have a CFL backup at QB.

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach beat the Fins earlier this season but at home, he had over 200 yards no picks sacked twice, but with Breece Hall.  Look White isn’t the be all end all of this team. He’s 1-2 and if our Oline isn’t good and no running game hard to beat Seattle and Miami away. I’m hoping Ty Johnson and Carter are our main running backs not Knight. 

White played 2 of the best teams in the league tough and didnt give up. Buff and Vikes. Wilson would have got us embarrassed.