Playoffs or fire everyone?

doitny

watching Jax get dismantled tonight i cant help but wonder what happens if we make the playoffs next year and get blown out like this? 

im pretty sure i know the answer. FIRE EVERYONE!

alot of you will move the goalposts and say we didnt show up in our biggest game or how could we lose after winning 9 games. and if we win 10 games we have to win a playoff game.

it will be funny to watch some of you want them fired after being the 1st HC and GM get us to the playoffs in 13 years cause of a blowout loss in the 1st rd. i wonder if Peterson will face the same hate tomorrow.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Fire everyone thread.  Yes!!!!!!

i dont want that to happen. i have been a supporter of JD and Saleh. but we both know there will be many people who will change their demand of " Playoffs" next year to ... well we made the playoffs but got blown out so fire everyone.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, varjet said:

If the Jets make the playoffs and get blown out, the FO/CS is not getting fired.   The Jets are not the team that does that.   Woody will be delirious just to make the playoffs.  Look how long Bowles got with 10-6 and not making the playoffs.  

your right, im just saying half this board will want them fired when right now there saying all we have to do is make the playoffs.

• More Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

watching Jax get dismantled tonight i cant help but wonder what happens if we make the playoffs next year and get blown out like this? 

alot of you will move the goalposts and say we didnt show up in our biggest game or how could we lose after winning 9 games. and if we win 10 games we have to win a playoff game.

it will be funny to watch some of you want them fired after being the 1st HC and GM get us to the playoffs in 13 years cause of a blowout loss in the 1st rd. i wonder if Peterson will face the same hate tomorrow.

These are the things you wonder about huh?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like Woody have no playoff mandate or any other not get blown out mandate.  Too many  things can happen, you evaluate at the end of the year.

well at least you admit that you might want them fired even if we make the playoffs. or not fire them if we dont.

thats fair. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

I mean, the game isnt over and Jacksonville is making it a game.

Secondly, it's been 4 years of losing seasons with Douglas. No need to make up scenarios to cover up the fact this regime has done nothing but lose.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I mean, the game isnt over and Jacksonville is making it a game.

Secondly, it's been 4 years of losing seasons with Douglas. No need to make up scenarios to cover up the fact this regime has done nothing but lose.

Jax doesnt matter. question still remains and im guessing your not a big fan of this FO so just making the playoffs wont be satisfactory to you.

for me if we make the playoffs next year that will be 3 years in a row this FO has improved on wins. most likely it will take 9 or 10 wins to get there so for me thats progress regardless of what happens in the playoffs including a blow out loss

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

I’ll bet you they come back and win

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, doitny said:

This thread sure didn’t age well.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

What don't you understand???? We are still rebuilding....

Woody said no playoff mandate.  Maybe we will continue rebuilding for another year or two and then if all else fails then we clean house and rebuild again.

• Haha 2