With the signing of Andre Dyson, what happens to Justin Miller?

Do we move him down to the #3 CB and have him play whenever Dyson / Barrett need a breather? Do we releave Derrick Strait of his Nickelback duties and hand that role over to Miller? Do we cut David Barrett and draft a corner for the #4 slot on Day 2 and go with Miller and Dyson?

What happens and what will we do? I love the Dyson signing but I'm confused on what's going to happen now.

Don't worry. Miller will be afforded every opportunity to set the record next season. He worked so hard last year. To see him fall short like that, it was a disappointment.

Most punts dropped in a single season. You can do it Justin. Focus son. Focus.

That is what sports is all about. The best player should play. As long as he comes to practice and does what he is told, the best player should play every time. Coming from a wrestling back ground and anyone else that has will know what I talking about. When you had a wrestle off in practice it meant that if you beat the guy ahead of you on the depth chart, if you were the best on the mat you got to start. With Herm gone we won't have to worry about who his homie is. If it's a rook then he will start if it's C-marts old behind then he will start which is the way a team should be run.

Do we move him down to the #3 CB and have him play whenever Dyson / Barrett need a breather? Do we releave Derrick Strait of his Nickelback duties and hand that role over to Miller? Do we cut David Barrett and draft a corner for the #4 slot on Day 2 and go with Miller and Dyson?

What happens and what will we do? I love the Dyson signing but I'm confused on what's going to happen now.

dyson and miller will start,,,

i know people like to say that miller had a decent year at corner but i thought he looked terrible on the field. he was routinely spun around and his technique was terrible. i think he skated by with natural ability at clemson and that just didn't fly at the nfl level. it will be interesting to see how he improves under the new regime with some better coaching but corwin brown is still there so we'll see what happens.

the one thing that is certain under mangini is the best players will play and the others will sit or be cut - he has no loyalty to TB's and herm's players.

If Miller's return work doesn't improve dramtically and he cannot beat out Barrett he might not be here for very long. It's going to be about production rather than coddling people and worrying about when I guy was drafted.

If Miller's return work doesn't improve dramtically and he cannot beat out Barrett he might not be here for very long. It's going to be about production rather than coddling people and worrying about when I guy was drafted.

westhoff luvs himm,,

i have posted before, when i spoke to westhoff on sideline befoore panther game he said he blames himself for pushin him too fast,,,

he said he will be fine as returner but tdidnt know if he would have him as westhoff thinks he will be a star corner,,

Let's not forget that the dam cover 2 is history. That should help Miller. Also, Miller was just as reponsible as Law was when they shut down Steve Smith last year. Miller has the speed to cover WR's like that. I expect that all three CB's will get starts in Mangini's defense, depending on the weekly matchups.

Miller is talented, he just needs to work on his technique. If the DB's just stop giving a 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 3, it won't matter who starts.

The one thing I really like about Miller as a CB is the kid seems to take pride in really punishing the receiver who makes a catch on him-we haven't had a hitter like that back there since Johnny Sample.David Barrett also plays with some mean back there too-he will wrestle the ball out of guys hands-when he eventually gets there that is...you woulda thunk that our CBs would have been better with a DB coach as our HC the last few years and all the drafting we did there.Hopefully Mangini can coach them up to be able to do what Ty Law could do-CATCH THE FRIGGIN BALL

Who ever earns it. IMO Miller will be our #2 CB by the start of the season.

Archived