Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I liked those as candidates at the time, what's the issue with that?

And "crusher u different" is hardly what he's saying, but I'll let him handle his own defense.

Yeah it’s much more than that. The executive summary is town crush is a jovial mascot of lighthearted fun. Scum crush is much more aggressive bordering on mean-spirited until he checks himself and settles back in, as he has been here. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Nevermind, it's just easier to call you dumb.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Sticking with my prior list:

Stark

AVM

Ape

Crusher

JiF

Not in that order.

proceeds to put the same list down but yo, 1 is maybe town, idk, how do you not understand? So dumb!

I dont even have a proper insult because all the appropriate insults are inappropriate to say these days.  

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

So you think we're scum based on meta?  Strange because I'm doing what I do every game and I see nothing out of the ordinary from Crusher but, what do I know?  I've only played with him (hey!) since 2008,

I mean, literally, to a tee, I'm doing exactly what I did last game.  The reveal or info we had was Barry was Deputy last game, I immediately questioned it and offer a solution to lynch him for info, I was literally the only one doubting it until Ape came in and was like, well, he's got a point.  lol   Then, Smash revealed and I was like, nah you aint and steady voted him.  

And what do we have here?  1 reveal and what am doing?  Saying he's lying and steady voting him.  lol

And last game I went balls to the wall day 1 on D1 on 80 and made a massive noise about it. Same as here. But people think they sense something different and so they vote.

Basically, what I sense differently about you is that you relish the Greatest Scum Hunter in the universe role loudly when town to the point of — quite frankly — sucking the oxygen out of the room. You seems to be sticking to the shadows more this game.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Here we go, you've decided to back off and now come back at me.  You admitted you needed scrutiny and essentially agreed with the sus....and now you're gonna double down and keep coming.  I think you know the difference between offering a brief explanation (for you) and then not over explaining (which you usually do).

And you don't NEED to be on the same team, I literally said multiple times it was a gut feeling.

Any type of problem solving that isn't like your own, you look down on.  It's pathetic, and THAT's the bad look.

You realize I'm saying one of them is probably town, right?  You should read more.

And we've now come back full circle, nice work.

Agreeing I deserved scrutiny doesn’t necessarily mean I’m all-in on you as town. It means I can look at it objectively that if you’re town, I get it.

I also think when I’m loose and sloppy scum likes to try to get me lynched. 

I think we can leave the "Hess originated the idea" behind.  I don't give a bucket of monkey piss where he votes, I'm pushing where I want to push.  I was just correcting the semantics of it, which Jville has already put to bed (in a reasonable manner, I'd add).

It's my own reasons as well, I literally can't say "gut read" any more and have it potentially sink in, can I?

This thing where Ape tries to confuse a case by making 800 posts about it and ignoring all logic & reasoning, while bashing whatever might go against his way?

Yeah, that's how he rolls as scum.

Eew.

I also play an impeccably precise game as scum leaving zero chance that I’d be lynched for slop… but, sure, you go in with the false meta.

Now it’s obvious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

hypothetical ? 

deadline looms and JGB doesn't have enough votes to be the Lynch.

who's your 2nd or 3rd option

42 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This game reminds me of a music festival. 

The last one I went to I found myself on the field during the second act, staring at the ground and midway through the third guitar solo I started to shake uncontrollably.  I wasn’t really “staring” really because I didn’t see anything in particular…but like, I saw everything. 

..and I wasn’t so much “shaking” as I was just feeling the rhythms of the earth flow through my body… loose…

The way I imagine jgb’s scummy body will flail from the gallows (no disrespect). 

yo Peen

you gonna answer this or play ignore game

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Gun to head I could lynch him or Ape. If for no other reason to shut them both up.  BG is my dark horse for scum. He has played some of the best scum games I've seen, so sneaky friend of the town stuff. Likely to lynch KGB, Ape, Verb today. Prefer KGB because after last game when he dominated, his play and reaction scream over confidence and then "Bam , scum caught in the headlights" to me. 

Gross. Verbal and I are barely sparring. No need for us to shut up, plus this sentiment feels contrived given I know for a fact you like it when I’m functioning at full ape.

All crusher is really doing here is advocating the top 3 vote getters, no?

10 minutes ago, JiFields said:

So you think we're scum based on meta?  Strange because I'm doing what I do every game and I see nothing out of the ordinary from Crusher but, what do I know?  I've only played with him (hey!) since 2008,

I mean, literally, to a tee, I'm doing exactly what I did last game.  The reveal or info we had was Barry was Deputy last game, I immediately questioned it and offer a solution to lynch him for info, I was literally the only one doubting it until Ape came in and was like, well, he's got a point.  lol   Then, Smash revealed and I was like, nah you aint and steady voted him.  

And what do we have here?  1 reveal and what am doing?  Saying he's lying and steady voting him.  lol

Yeah but KGB read every single game! He is adorable. 

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

This game will get very interesting at my flip. A lot of people who have a lot of confidence in their read will have a lot to unpack.

Fear mongering. 

You've deserved the votes.  The town makes mistakes.  It happens.  You've offer you lynch as safe inviting townies to vote you.  This is disgusting.

34 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Do you think it's weird that you and Ape both thought KGB was scum, then Ape thought he was town, and you think Ape scum?  What does that mean to you?

I never said I thought jgb is scum. I voted him. Mostly for idiocy, somewhat for reactions.

Weird that you’re putting so much stock in such a noobish observation. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JiFields said:

Fear mongering. 

You've deserved the votes.  The town makes mistakes.  It happens.  You've offer you lynch as safe inviting townies to vote you.  This is disgusting.

Lol right. It is true that people who are oh so sure will need to reassess. That’s not fear mongering, that’s a fact.

21 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Vote jgb

For reasons in a previous post (on my phone so don’t feel like multiquoting). Plus he’s being really inconsistent with casting doubt on people suspecting him while also not trying to use his vote on it or casing it with much more than “crusher u different” or “jif you different”. Feels pretty weak to me. 

I don’t get the ape train personally and I think framing the lynch candidate as either jgb or ape at the point verbal did felt a little like steering the options so would be willing to go there as well. 

So refreshing to have people that understand what they’re looking at.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Gross. Verbal and I are barely sparring. No need for us to shut up, plus this sentiment feels contrived given I know for a fact you like it when I’m functioning at full ape.

All crusher is really doing here is advocating the top 3 vote getters, no?

I thought it was a pretty silly argument over semantics and nothing more than static to cloud the game.  I thought that little place when you said KGB was an easy lynch then went ahead and voted him was odd, I know you gave an explanation of why you did that but honestly kind of your thing. One of your scum tells is you love to explain why your not scum when your scum. Also, I've seen you play lose as scum or town. 

Who cares if I'm advocating the top 3 vote getters? Leelou ask me a question and I answered it, incorerctly because I forgot AVm was her pudding and Verbal her bestest girlfriend, my bad. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

One of your scum tells is you love to explain why your not scum when your scum.

That is not a scum tell for me. Not in about 10 years at least, since the days where I thought I was doing so good as scum I was aghast at the idea someone would see thru it.

Vote crusher

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe OCD is a better nick than KGB

Oh dude, Id trade my left nut for that kind of focus and ability to assimilate information like that. I pay a lot of money to people to do that for me. You are intellectual bad ass, I'm an ADD fatass. I found out years later that's the reason everyone of my middle school teachers put my desk next to theirs. I thought it was because they liked me better than everyone else.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I thought it was a pretty silly argument over semantics and nothing more than static to cloud the game. 

What semantics?

He voted me with a case where he put it on Hess if wrong and narrowed the choice between myself and jgb. I pointed it out. It was barely a dispute. To characterize it as static and clouding the game ignores completely my scum hunting meta and the reality that it wasn’t even a big deal.

The more you say, the less I believe it as anything but scummy fluff.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What semantics?

He voted me with a case where he put it on Hess if wrong and narrowed the choice between myself and jgb. I pointed it out. It was barely a dispute. To characterize it as static and clouding the game ignores completely my scum hunting meta and the reality that it wasn’t even a big deal.

The more you say, the less I believe it as anything but scummy fluff.

Everything you do has a perfect explanation. Just have to ask you. LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

C’mon really.

This should tell everyone what they need to know about you. 

Please dude. He's the Godfather of Omgus. I call you out and all of a sudden I'm instantly scum because you disagree with me. Maybe that's all they got to know about you as well. 

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (7) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Crusher (3) - Jgb, Drums, Ape

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST