Rodgers weekly spot with Mcafee today

Rhg1084

The Hackett connection is way overrated.

I don't doubt Rodgers likes Hackett as a friend, but a man isn't going to uproot himself and decide the next 1 to 2 years of life based on the fact one of his coaches who "made it fun" to be at the facility is already at the new destination.

Rodgers took a detour while answering the question.  Kept saying there are a number of guys like that where he values the "relationships" and expects them to last beyond football. 

He also mentioned Luke Getsy (current Bears OC).

Based on the conjecture and excitement-level post-Hackett hire, you would think Rodgers had sworn some kind of blood oath that Hackett was the only coach he would ever be willing to play for from here on out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Hackett connection is way overrated.

I don't doubt Rodgers likes Hackett as a friend, but a man isn't going to uproot himself and decide the next 1 to 2 years of life based on the fact one of his coaches who "made it fun" to be at the facility is already at the new destination.

Rodgers took a detour while answering the question.  Kept saying there are a number of guys like that where he values the "relationships" and expects them to last beyond football. 

He also mentioned Luke Getsy (current Bears OC).

Based on the conjecture and excitement-level post-Hackett hire, you would think Rodgers had sworn some kind of blood oath that Hackett was the only coach he would ever be willing to play for from here on out.

A man isn't the one making the decision. His GM will make the decision, and without a no-trade clause, Rodgers has no real say.

• WTF? 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

He should definitely retire there after giving the Jets 3 quality years at QB.

Agreed, was there in September, Nashville or Indy does not stroke ARod's ego. Its NY or retirement. Green Bay is one of the storied franchises in The NFL, going to Tennessee or Indy, will not do it for him.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Packers are trading Rodgers to an AFC team, and the best AFC team Rodgers could get on is the Jets. Having Hackett makes it even more likely. 

If he's traded, it's definitely going to be to an AFC team. Did a quick thought exercise on potential landing spots. Honestly, I like our chances given that both GM and HC are on hot seat, and we have an owner who loves big splash headlines.

AFC EAST Viable option for Rodgers trade?
Buffalo Bills N - Allen
Miami Dolphins Y if they don't get Brady
New England Patriots Theoretically Y, but realistically N
New York Jets Y

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals N - Burrow
Baltimore Ravens N - Lamar or reset
Pittsburgh Steelers N - Pickett
Cleveland Browns N - Watson

AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars N - T Law
Tennessee Titans Y
Indianapolis Colts Y
Houston Texans Y

AFC WEST

Kansas City Chiefs N - Mahomes
Los Angeles Chargers N - Herbert
Las Vegas Raiders Y if they don't get Brady
Denver Broncos N - Russ
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

1. You really think Rodgers still needs to “cement his legacy”?

2. The Jets are based, and play in New Jersey, not New York.

1) if not legacy what other reason for a trade? He already has the contract and has said he still thinks he can play MVP ball

2) change his statement to say NJ then, statement is valid. Winning with the NYJ given our history will go much further than winning a SB anywhere else on the country.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How did I know you were coming back with that.

Answer to number 1, Yes he is one of the best of all time, but he is so ego driven, I don't think he believes it yet. As much confidence he shows. Just something about his actions makes me think otherwise.

Answer to number 2. They play in NJ because the last owner was an ass and did not want to figure it out how to keep them in the state of NY, but they still wear the NY moniker. Maybe you should start a petition to have their name changed to the NJ Jets, lets see how that goes.

• More Ugh 2

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If he's traded, it's definitely going to be to an AFC team. Did a quick thought exercise on potential landing spots. Honestly, I like our chances given that both GM and HC are on hot seat, and we have an owner who loves big splash headlines.

AFC EAST Viable option for Rodgers trade?
Buffalo Bills N - Allen
Miami Dolphins Y if they don't get Brady
New England Patriots Theoretically Y, but realistically N
New York Jets Y

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals N - Burrow
Baltimore Ravens N - Lamar or reset
Pittsburgh Steelers N - Pickett
Cleveland Browns N - Watson

AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars N - T Law
Tennessee Titans Y
Indianapolis Colts Y
Houston Texans Y

AFC WEST

Kansas City Chiefs N - Mahomes
Los Angeles Chargers N - Herbert
Las Vegas Raiders Y if they don't get Brady
Denver Broncos N - Russ

Dolphins - I think they roll with Tua

Patriots - not sure Rodger wants to live in Brady's shadow

Jets - yup

Titans - owns house in Nashville and his HC came from Tenn. Could see them going sll in with Henry

Colts - 4 pick, feels like Matt Ryan and a draft pick

Texans - 2 pick for their QB, dark horse for Jimmy G

Raiders - Brady but may be option of Rodgers wants to learn a new offense.