Rodgers weekly spot with Mcafee today

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If he's traded, it's definitely going to be to an AFC team. Did a quick thought exercise on potential landing spots. Honestly, I like our chances given that both GM and HC are on hot seat, and we have an owner who loves big splash headlines.

AFC EAST Viable option for Rodgers trade?
Buffalo Bills N - Allen
Miami Dolphins Y if they don't get Brady
New England Patriots Theoretically Y, but realistically N
New York Jets Y

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals N - Burrow
Baltimore Ravens N - Lamar or reset
Pittsburgh Steelers N - Pickett
Cleveland Browns N - Watson

AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars N - T Law
Tennessee Titans Y
Indianapolis Colts Y
Houston Texans Y

AFC WEST

Kansas City Chiefs N - Mahomes
Los Angeles Chargers N - Herbert
Las Vegas Raiders Y if they don't get Brady
Denver Broncos N - Russ

I totally get your reasoning here about the AFC, but I think the Packers wouldn’t really be that concerned since if they trade him, he’s probably only playing 2-3 more years, and they’d probably tear things down and begin a rebuild.

Their thinking might be they wouldn’t be ready to contend again before Rodgers retires anyway, so why limit options on where to trade him?

I dont know but rogers to the jets is sounding more and more like a complete cluster F. Like maybe the worst thing the jets have ever done.

AR is an ass. He sounds disgruntled. He does not sound like a guy that is looking forward to the future. He can retire at any moment. Wtf?

The only way this does NOT go down a legendary mistake is if the draft compensation for his services are much much less than 2 1sts

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Rodgers to The Jets is done, McAfee already knows and trying to drive traffic to his show for next Tuesday. Just bringing up Woody at all sealed it.  Woody has nothing to do with the current J&J so the whole shot comment was just to get the ire of the watchers.

MacAfee wants him to go to Indy, that's why he's taking shots at the Jets and saying good things about Indy.

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

1) if not legacy what other reason for a trade? He already has the contract and has said he still thinks he can play MVP ball

2) change his statement to say NJ then, statement is valid. Winning with the NYJ given our history will go much further than winning a SB anywhere else on the country.

Is Rodgers the one asking to be traded? I haven’t seen where he’s said that. As far as I know the rumors are all based on the Packers possibly wanting to move on from him, no?

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Is Rodgers the one asking to be traded? I haven’t seen where he’s said that. As far as I know the rumors are all based on the Packers possibly wanting to move on from him, no?

Ah okay, I had assumed you saw the Pat Mcafee clip when he said he'd be fine with a trade if they want to move forward with Love. Here is the portion of Schefter's article yesterday I think talking about it: (ignore the highlighted, was using it for something else.

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 12.10.01 PM.png

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

MacAfee wants him to go to Indy, that's why he's taking shots at the Jets and saying good things about Indy.

Agreed, but I think Pat already knows. We already know he is going to play and not leave 110 million on the table for 2 years. Aaron just playing his part until it can be announced. He is already a Jet . I am speaking it into existence. We are just waiting for the comp in the trade. 

LOL

Yes I want Aaron in a Jets uniform, I changed my profile pic after the loss to the Jaguars.

Will it stink to be disappointed? Absolutely

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Ah okay, I had assumed you saw the Pat Mcafee clip when he said he'd be fine with a trade if they want to move forward with Love. Here is the portion of Schefter's article yesterday I think talking about it: (ignore the highlighted, was using it for something else.

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 12.10.01 PM.png

Thanks for posting that, but honestly, what did he say there that you see as him being the one demanding a trade?
When I read that, I took it as him being okay with one if that’s the direction the Packers decide they want to go.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I totally get your reasoning here about the AFC, but I think the Packers wouldn’t really be that concerned since if they trade him, he’s probably only playing 2-3 more years, and they’d probably tear things down and begin a rebuild.

Their thinking might be they wouldn’t be ready to contend again before Rodgers retires anyway, so why limit options on where to trade him?

I think the only reason GB is even entertaining his trade is because they believe they are ready with Jordan Love and want to exercise his 5th year option. In that scenario, they're not trading Rodgers to an NFC team that could potentially have an impact on their ability to make or advance in the playoffs the next 2-3 years.

I hate that dirty son of a biscuit with every fiber of my being. I hope he doesn't come here. I hope he goes to the Colts and I hope his skills have diminished so significantly that he is benched for whatever tier III qb was his understudy there. I hope he goes out in a blaze of failure. Most unlikeable pos in a long long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I hate that dirty son of a biscuit with every fiber of my being. I hope he doesn't come here. I hope he goes to the Colts and I hope his skills have diminished so significantly that he is benched for whatever tier III qb was his understudy there. I hope he goes out in a blaze of failure. Most unlikeable pos in a long long time.

@Green Truth come get ya boy….

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks for posting that, but honestly, what did he say there that you see as him being the one demanding a trade?
When I read that, I took it as him being okay with one if that’s the direction the Packers decide they want to go.

Who said anything about demanding a trade? The Packers are having conversations about Love, if they decide they want to move on with Love then they will trade Rodgers. There won't be any need to demand a trade because they won't be keeping him to back up Love.

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They will not trade him within the NFC, so they have 16 teams they could send him to. The Jets are at top of the list. The Jets have the draft capital to make it happen. They will not send him to NE. Tennessee could be a possibility. The Colts have a top pick and could land Stroud, Young, Levis, or Richardson. Why strap yourself to those dead cap hits for the possibility of at most 2 year rental. The Raiders are cash poor at the moment and can not afford the guarantees up front. So its a 2 team race, Jets or Titans.

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Who said anything about demanding a trade? The Packers are having conversations about Love, if they decide they want to move on with Love then they will trade Rodgers. There won't be any need to demand a trade because they won't be keeping him to back up Love.

Okay, I guess it wasn’t you I who said he was, sorry for the mixup there. Thanks again for posting all the info though.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Green Truth come get ya boy….

I don't know who that is, but I am losing my sh*t right now. I am embarrassed that I ever wanted this clown. He hates his own family, he hates packer nation that supported a bum like him, he probably hates tiramisu too. Just a really really bad person. If he came begging, I wouldn't take him. I hope we don't bring this guy in. I'll roll the dice with someone else. I don't need a 40 year old, smirking, self righteous egomaniac QB'ing the team I love. Forget that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, pointman said:

I don't know who that is, but I am losing my sh*t right now. I am embarrassed that I ever wanted this clown. He hates his own family, he hates packer nation that supported a bum like him, he probably hates tiramisu too. Just a really really bad person. If he came begging, I wouldn't take him. I hope we don't bring this guy in. I'll roll the dice with someone else. I don't need a 40 year old, smirking, self righteous egomaniac QB'ing the team I love. Forget that. 

That's your opinion on it, If that's how you feel so be it. I just think as a football player he is the right person to take the reigns to get this team over the hump. Football and personal issues, don't mix with me. He is the right person for the job at this time, and while he is here the number 2 pick from 2021 may learn a thing or 2 and that's what i am hoping for.

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

That's your opinion on it, If that's how you feel so be it. I just think as a football player he is the right person to take the reigns to get this team over the hump. Football and personal issues, don't mix with me. He is the right person for the job at this time, and while he is here the number 2 pick from 2021 may learn a thing or 2 and that's what i am hoping for.

You have to draw the line sometimes. I want to win so badly like all of us here posting about it day in and day out. But the person behind the mask matters. I don't want Deshaun types but I also don't want the puke GIF guy from wisconsin types either. We can win without him. We have options. He is old and about to fall off a cliff. No need to bear his pre and post game speeches. Don't give him the platform. 

• Upvote 1

We are going to be subjected to this trash for years if he comes here so everyone better be ready for all the extra baggage Rodgers bring with him.

Also the moron with his huge fat extension and huge money deal did not have any clauses where he has to be consulted about anything so shut the F up and see ig you get traded or not.  You have no say.

I really hope the Jets do not go this route.

• Upvote 1

Just now, pointman said:

You have to draw the line sometimes. I want to win so badly like all of us here posting about it day in and day out. But the person behind the mask matters. I don't want Deshaun types but I also don't want the puke GIF guy from wisconsin types either. We can win without him. We have options. He is old and about to fall off a cliff. No need to bear his pre and post game speeches. Don't give him the platform. 

Ok, you have the floor. Who is better that they can bring in and actually beat Burrow, Mahomes or Allen on the road? I am willing to listen. Just need to see who is best for this team moving forward.

Just now, Green Truth said:

Ok, you have the floor. Who is better that they can bring in and actually beat Burrow, Mahomes or Allen on the road? I am willing to listen. Just need to see who is best for this team moving forward.

I made a thread asking others for their input. I can't definitively say a name. I am open to a good scheme fit with someone who has talent. I think we build with more offensive pieces through the draft and free agency, and then bring in a QB like Carr, pipedream Lamar, and/or wait to see who else shakes loose. We've seen top tier talent somehow become available (Russell Wilson, no one saw him falling apart) and the days of everyone being untouchable are over with. I think we have options. And maybe that wisconsin guys season wasn't just about his injured finger and talent loss. It might be the beginning of the end of what he once was. I don't need to take a gamble on what could be a costly (draft pick wise) 40 year old with a predisposition to pissing me off. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are going to be subjected to this trash for years if he comes here so everyone better be ready for all the extra baggage Rodgers bring with him.

Also the moron with his huge fat extension and huge money deal did not have any clauses where he has to be consulted about anything so shut the F up and see ig you get traded or not.  You have no say.

I really hope the Jets do not go this route.

I don't know what is so painful about listening to Rodgers for people but surely it's less painful than all the losing we've been subjected to.

If we're winning you'll probably be able to handle him talking on youtube.

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I might be the only person here who still isn’t convinced the Packers will trade him.

I guess need to pay more attention to this story

I am with you. He might stay put. And that grungy pos knows it. The Packers want to win and their window is closing too. Without Adams, and now without a QB they'd just be a team in the middle of nowhere with nothing to root for. Love ain't it. And hitting on a third QB, back to back to back? Almost a better chance of winning the lottery. The front office/ownership hates him and rightfully so. He has as punchable a face as there is. But as far as being a franchise in the business of winning and making money, without him they are screwed.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know what is so painful about listening to Rodgers for people but surely it's less painful than all the losing we've been subjected to.

If we're winning you'll probably be able to handle him talking on youtube.

I don't like the guy.  He's a totally phony in my books.  He's never happy about anything, he is never accountable about anything.  Now that is just half of it, his skills showed major erosion last year.  We are not getting guy coming off an mvp season we are getting a 40 year old malcontent coming off his worst year ever basically who has totally flopped in the big game for years and years.

If we get him so be it but I'd only be happy if he was like 3rd choice as far as really trying to get another QB.

As I said, if he comes here be ready for him passively aggressively complaining about something each week for years.

• Upvote 2

Mcafee sounds like he’s trying for viewers.  Right now there is no news because the jets and packers aren’t saying anything. Whatever negotiations that are going on, both teams are keeping it close. So talking heads like mccafee have no clue and can only speculate.  Best not to lose any sleep until after the super bowl or the league year end.