Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

So, are the Jets keeping Davis since they didn't really add a receiver, essentially replacing Berrios and Moore with Hardman and Lazard? 

Or Mims is WR 3? Yikes. 

I think it’s definitely on the table. The other possibility that I’ve heard people talk about is JSN at #13 then including Davis in the trade for Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If there is no agreed-upon deal in place, with 10 days to go before the draft starts, I would hope he would show up to workouts.

$50k is good coin for watching the ensuing panic his arrival would cause. 

I would hope he’d consult with the jets before doing that.    

40 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think it’s definitely on the table. The other possibility that I’ve heard people talk about is JSN at #13 then including Davis in the trade for Rodgers.

JSN may not even make it there..   Packers fans all have a hard on for him but there's zero chance he gets by pick 14 (NE) if you don't take him.   From the slot he's a quarterbacks dream.  Need 10 yards on 3rd down?  Boom done. You'll have Cobb in the slot so not sure if that's as high of a priority as Oline.

• Upvote 1

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-2023-offseason-program-dates-announced

“Green Bay's offseason program will begin on Monday, April 17, and conclude in mid-June.

The program begins with meetings and strength-and-conditioning work (Phase 1), continues with on-field group workouts (Phase 2), and then progresses to organized team activity practices (or OTAs, Phase 3).”

???????????

@Dunnie

22 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-2023-offseason-program-dates-announced

“Green Bay's offseason program will begin on Monday, April 17, and conclude in mid-June.

The program begins with meetings and strength-and-conditioning work (Phase 1), continues with on-field group workouts (Phase 2), and then progresses to organized team activity practices (or OTAs, Phase 3).”

???????????

@Dunnie

Hi didn’t attend last year. He’s on a California beach I would guess 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Over the past [5] years, but far the best value in the draft at picks 10-15 or so have been WR.

If definite franchise OTs are off the board at 13, that is what we draft, and then CD and his $10mm can be wiped clean.  

Something tells me though that the NFL figures this out and picks the WRs earlier.  London at 8 and Wilson at 10 (better) last year were great draft picks.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Over the past [5] years, but far the best value in the draft at picks 10-15 or so have been WR.

If definite franchise OTs are off the board at 13, that is what we draft, and then CD and his $10mm can be wiped clean.  

Something tells me though that the NFL figures this out and picks the WRs earlier.  London at 8 and Wilson at 10 (better) last year were great draft picks.  

And Olave at 11.

I do think we go OL at 13. But JSN is intriguing. We should know him extremely well after I'm guessing doing extensive scouting on Wilson last draft. JSN is not hard to notice watch OSU film from 2021. He was better than GW and Olave. He's actually a very similar WR to GW. Having 2 of him would be incredible.

But at the end of the day having GW and JSN out there means nothing if the QB doesn't have time to throw.

• Upvote 2

Just to beat on the leverage point again:

• If the Jets don’t do the Rodgers trade…they are just like last year, maybe better.  Its just another year of bad Jets.  They tried and they will try again next year.  They have the option of trying to roll with Zach and Wentz, etc., or just sacrifice Zach and the season…and tank.  We will have all of our draft picks and money.  Guys like Lawson and CD can be released to save money.  Build an OL.  Veterans can play somewhere else.  The young guys will understand.  
  • If the Packers don’t do the trade, their cap is blown up for the next 4 years and the ability to develop Love is ruined.  They basically will need to completely reboot.  
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

• If the Jets don’t do the Rodgers trade…they are just like last year, maybe better.  Its just another year of bad Jets.  They tried and they will try again next year.  They have the option of trying to roll with Zach and Wentz, etc., or just sacrifice Zach and the season…and tank.  We will have all of our draft picks and money.  Guys like Lawson and CD can be released to save money.  Build an OL.  Veterans can play somewhere else.  The young guys will understand.  
  • If the Packers don’t do the trade, their cap is blown up for the next 4 years and the ability to develop Love is ruined.  They basically will need to completely reboot.  

I wonder if I'm the only person who recalls that until the disastrous Broncos game where everyone got injured, we were rolling and on track for a really good season.  Now I can't predict what Wilson might look like this season, but I find it plausible that he will be better than last season if he ends up being the week 1 starter.  Nothing concrete to base it on, but assuming he's healthy and actually gets to get a full training camp/preseason in, it's not that far-fetched.  A 62% completion rate and even a 2:1 TD:INT ratio would be enough to improve substantially on last season's start under Flacco.  And FWIW, those numbers pretty much match what 'all-pro' Lamar Jackson put up for the Ravens last season.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the Jets move on from Rodgers they will go after a better option than Wentz who looked awful last year. I'm thinking Tannehill most likely. There is no way JD and Saleh put their jobs on the line by starting Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

I beat up on the bills fan for ignoring people, emotions, reality so I have to take you to task as well. The first bullet point ignores reality. Woody isn't going into the season with the thought of tanking. Sorry, just not happening. Listen to his comments and believe what he's telling you.

Both teams need this to happen. At this specific moment, there is more urgency on GB because if they want 2023 picks, they need to get this done within next week and a half. Also, Rodgers won't be showing up to OTAs anyways so no pressure from that perspective on the jets. After the draft, if a trade isn't done, the pressure slightly shifts to being on the Jets. QB options will dwindle immediately after the draft and the jets will have to have some conviction that they will be getting AR to resist the urge to pivot and secure someone like tannehill before hes unavailable.

In my estimation, drop dead deadline has to be just prior to training camp for both teams. Delaying until that point is basically the result of both teams trying to "call eachothers bluff". I'd be pissed and embarrassed at both organizations if it got to this. That said, I still firmly believe an unconditional 1st is totally unreasonable and GB needs to relent on that. Jets can add a bit more future value to compensate. Based on the contract itself and rumored comp, I think the jets have already been more than generous in their offer considering we are ensuring we stink in 2024 and beyond after AR retires and we take on those cap hits with reduced draft capital.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If the Jets move on from Rodgers they will go after a better option than Wentz who looked awful last year. I'm thinking Tannehill most likely. There is no way JD and Saleh put their jobs on the line by starting Wilson. 

lets hope we have options when or if we move on. the longer this takes the less options we have

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

If i were Rogers I would show up for any and all OTAs and then declare that I have a hang nail or some such and that I am not in a position to participate.  No real way to be able to tell how long the rehab might take.

Well for the first time since anyone can recall our QB1 is in house for day one of the voluntary workout.   No sign of Rodgers though so far

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd be calling DEN and seeing what it'll cost for Jeudy. And see if they'll take 2024 draft assets. 

Peyton said a few weeks ago he’s not trading Jeudy or Sutton.   Probably wants to give Wilson every opportunity to get back on track

1 hour ago, varjet said:

There will be an OT at 13.   You’ll have the four QBs go, couple edge, a DT or two.    You’ll also have a guy who was supposed to go way later get drafted before you.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

I beat up on the bills fan for ignoring people, emotions, reality so I have to take you to task as well. The first bullet point ignores reality. Woody isn't going into the season with the thought of tanking. Sorry, just not happening. Listen to his comments and believe what he's telling you.

Both teams need this to happen. At this specific moment, there is more urgency on GB because if they want 2023 picks, they need to get this done within next week and a half. Also, Rodgers won't be showing up to OTAs anyways so no pressure from that perspective on the jets. After the draft, if a trade isn't done, the pressure slightly shifts to being on the Jets. QB options will dwindle immediately after the draft and the jets will have to have some conviction that they will be getting AR to resist the urge to pivot and secure someone like tannehill before hes unavailable.

In my estimation, drop dead deadline has to be just prior to training camp for both teams. Delaying until that point is basically the result of both teams trying to "call eachothers bluff". I'd be pissed and embarrassed at both organizations if it got to this. That said, I still firmly believe an unconditional 1st is totally unreasonable and GB needs to relent on that. Jets can add a bit more future value to compensate. Based on the contract itself and rumored comp, I think the jets have already been more than generous in their offer considering we are ensuring we stink in 2024 and beyond after AR retires and we take on those cap hits with reduced draft capital.

i hear you, but if Woody really takes that view inflexibly, as opposed to flexibly, he is absolutely committing to overpay for Rodgers.

The answer for a long-term sustainable competitive team was to outbid New Orleans for Carr.  That was doable.   Then you can use a 2 for Hooker, and whomever else, to try and upgrade and replace him over time.  

Rodgers was a gamble, perhaps a reckless one.   But if we quadruple down on it, in 5 years will only remember how bad we are, not how Rodgers got us into the playoffs. 

Just now, varjet said:

i hear you, but if Woody really takes that view inflexibly, as opposed to flexibly, he is absolutely committing to overpay for Rodgers.

The answer for a long-term sustainable competitive team was to outbid New Orleans for Carr.  That was doable.   Then you can use a 2 for Hooker, and whomever else, to try and upgrade and replace him over time.  

Rodgers was a gamble, perhaps a reckless one.   But if we quadruple down on it, in 5 years will only remember how bad we are, not how Rodgers got us into the playoffs. 

Based on the rumored comp, we're already overpaying. They should be sending us picks to take that contract.

Agree with you, I would have got Carr as well and we wouldn't have had to outbid NO. He wanted to come here, we were committed to AR.

I think we'll regret it way sooner than 5 years....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Based on the rumored comp, we're already overpaying. They should be sending us picks to take that contract.

Agree with you, I would have got Carr as well and we wouldn't have had to outbid NO. He wanted to come here, we were committed to AR.

I think we'll regret it way sooner than 5 years....

A QB rental, even short-term, and even a 39 year-old QB, that gets you into the playoffs, and maybe even wins a playoff game, is an expensive proposition. 

But a number 1 pick, not tied to playoff performance, is way too much.   What the Jets agreed to pay for Favre was probably the right idea.  The Wilson trade was not.  

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

A QB rental, even short-term, and even a 39 year-old QB, that gets you into the playoffs, and maybe even wins a playoff game, is an expensive proposition. 

But a number 1 pick, not tied to playoff performance, is way too much.   What the Jets agreed to pay for Favre was probably the right idea.  The Wilson trade was not.  

Correct, can't take that risk. GB needs to come off that so we can move this trade along already

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think we go OL at 13. But JSN is intriguing. We should know him extremely well after I'm guessing doing extensive scouting on Wilson last draft. JSN is not hard to notice watch OSU film from 2021. He was better than GW and Olave. He's actually a very similar WR to GW. Having 2 of him would be incredible.

But at the end of the day having GW and JSN out there means nothing if the QB doesn't have time to throw.

Build the trenches, protect Rodgers. It's a deep wr class

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

If the jets don’t complete this trade JD has egg all over his face especially after saying Aaron will be here.

Fans will be pissed. jets will miss the playoffs. And everyone will be fired.