Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Balls Mahoney said:

We are dodging the Aaron Rodgers bullet. Let that fraud go to the 49ers we got our qb

lol zach wilson is literally in the same conversation as jamarcus russell and dwayne haskins as worst 1st rouns qb since ryan leaf. and actually there's a compelling argument that can say he is the worst of the 4

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

We'll all know the deal is off when the Jets draft their future center at #42 and Hooker at #43.

You know what....  

at this point, ok.

That is all well and good, but Hooker is not lasting to 43.  I doubt he makes it out of the first round.  Extra year of team control via the 5th year option is too valuable.  Someone will trade up to late 1 and take him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GTB999 said:

Scenerios are different.  The point was that AR is very precise with his public statement.  It would be a mistake to assume that him saying his intent is to play for the Jets means he would only play for the Jets.  GB knows this.

I think everyone’s current intent is for Rodgers to play for the jets.   But don’t assume if the Niners came kicking the tires he’d retire rather than play for Shanahan.    That team would be sick with him at QB

3 hours ago, ptisme said:

I don’t think he’s suggesting giving it away.  It would factor in

I think dropping from 13 to 15 and letting the Patriots steal the tackle you may want is a pretty hefty price to pay, and if the Jets have to pay that price, I’d consider it of equal value to whatever future consideration were there otherwise. If I agree to the pick swap, the Packers can have the swap and 42 and that’s it. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think dropping from 13 to 15 and letting the Patriots steal the tackle you may want is a pretty hefty price to pay, and if the Jets have to pay that price, I’d consider it of equal value to whatever future consideration were there otherwise. If I agree to the pick swap, the Packers can have the swap and 42 and that’s it. 

Can’t see them doing that trade unless they love 2 guys and know GB isn’t drafting one of them. Issue GB has us that NE might be looking WR at 14 and take their guy.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

lol zach wilson is literally in the same conversation as jamarcus russell and dwayne haskins as worst 1st rouns qb since ryan leaf. and actually there's a compelling argument that can say he is the worst of the 4

What are you talking about?  Wilson’s stats are way better than those 2 and he had a terrible offensive coordinator and no offensive line.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I think everyone’s current intent is for Rodgers to play for the jets.   But don’t assume if the Niners came kicking the tires he’d retire rather than play for Shanahan.    That team would be sick with him at QB

Let them.  Rodgers is 40 and wants to retire.  Plus GB is asking for too much and we already have a developing young qb who is going to be really good

2 minutes ago, Balls Mahoney said:

What are you talking about?  Wilson’s stats are way better than those 2 and he had a terrible offensive coordinator and no offensive line.

no his numbers are not way better. and at least russell has a year where he threw more tds than ints. they are all in the running for biggest turd 1st round qb ever. thats how bad zach wilson is.....he is in the conversation for biggest 1st round bust ever

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can’t see them doing that trade unless they love 2 guys and know GB isn’t drafting one of them. Issue GB has us that NE might be looking WR at 14 and take their guy.

The Packers would want the pick swap so they can sell it to their fanbase as having gotten the Jets first round pick. Legitimately the only reason for it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

no his numbers are not way better. and at least russell has a year where he threw more tds than ints. they are all in the running for biggest turd 1st round qb ever. thats how bad zach wilson is.....he is in the conversation for biggest 1st round bust ever

He’s only in his second year.  Peyton Manning threw for more interceptions than touchdowns as a rookie I suppose you would have given up on him too

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Packers would want the pick swap so they can sell it to their fanbase as having gotten the Jets first round pick. Legitimately the only reason for it. 

I still think the only way there’s a pick swap is if both these things are true. Not one or the other.

1. JSN is there at 13 and we aren’t looking WR and GB really wants him.

2. We love 2 guys besides JSN still on the board. Meaning that no matter who NE would draft at 14. We still love who we’d get at 15.

I don’t see both those things happening. So I don’t think a pick swap is part of the trade. Likely happens Day 2 with us on the clock IMO.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Balls Mahoney said:

This is why jets fans are known as a toxic fan base.  Zach Wilson is not allowed to make mistakes as a young quarterback 

Pretty sure there is a thread for Zach Wilson somewhere in this forum. Not sure though. 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. The swap and 42 is way generous

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GTB999 said:

Gute is safe.  Overall GB fans feel he is doing a good job and he was given an extension last year.

Hmm.   The jury is still out on him.  The Packers this year are about finding things out:

1. Is Jordan Love who Gute thinks he was?

2. Players lately have been struggling to make that second year leap, Does that happen this year again?   He's had some nice picks but certainly hasn't killed it in the draft.

3. Is LaFleur a good coach or was Rodgers just holding this all together?

4. Can Joe Barry field a decent defense or is he who all the fans thought he was?

Gute could be in trouble if Love fails and last years draft picks don't show up.   Something else that may factor into it and I'm not sure how is this: 2024 is the last for Packers President Mark Murphy.   That job with the Packers is age restricted to 70 years old.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Balls Mahoney said:

He’s only in his second year.  Peyton Manning threw for more interceptions than touchdowns as a rookie I suppose you would have given up on him too

lol this is literally the worst comparison i've ever seen. first of all peyton manning started improving by the second half of his rookie season....and in his second year he won 13 games, made the probowl and was already elite. stop with the dumb comparisons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Balls Mahoney said:

He didn’t turn the ball over and got first downs.  Now that POS Lefleur is gone we will draft another OT at 13.  Zach is going to wreck this league.

Love the User name, Police Academy was the sh*t back in the day.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Balls Mahoney said:

He didn’t turn the ball over and got first downs.  Now that POS Lefleur is gone we will draft another OT at 13.  Zach is going to wreck this league.

its highly unlikely that zach starts another game for the jets. unless other qbs get hurt

• Upvote 1