Zach Wilson looking ?

Bronx

50 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I have a hunch that if Zach sat half way through his rookie year on the bench, and then was injected in to the 49'ers lineup that Purdy had, we would all be talking about how we should have drafted him.

I think he got ruined by the terrible OL early in his rookie season which knocked wires loose in his head.  Instead of going through progressions, his mind was all about how he was about to be crushed.  He's tried to pull himself out of that, but it's been a slow progress.  I don't think MLF helped with his coaching style.

Overall, it's been on Zach himself of course, he's the one out there not making good plays.  But giving him a year or two behind AR, with a loaded offense, and we just might see a QB with some real promise the next time he steps out on the field.

We haven't seen the last of Zach, and it's okay to have a vote of no confidence.  But there's no point in kicking the kid when he is down. 

He's a Jet.  Let's root for this kid to tighten up the screws.

I'm sorry.  I was rooting for him all last year and he made a fool out of me in the end. This guy doesn't  have it. As far as him doing better on the 9ers, does he not throw balls into the dirt 5 yards in front of the receivers, does he suddenly see GW running free in front of him when there was no rush, does he not overthrow a 6'3" WR who is about 15 yards away from him. I mean it's  like we go into the offseason and everyone forgets just how bad this guy is. If you compare Purdy to Zach, Purdy played  within the system from the day he stepped on the field just as we saw with White. Zach could have been Mike White. There was no reason he couldn't  have made the same throws. I don't  believe Zach does any better. He is a fraud. JD screwed up. The fact that in his third year he is getting benched for a Vet tells me all I need to know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

I'm sorry.  I was rooting for him all last year and he made a fool out of me in the end. This guy doesn't  have it. As far as him doing better on the 9ers, does he not throw balls into the dirt 5 yards in front of the receivers, does he suddenly see GW running free in front of him when there was no rush, does he not overthrow a 6'3" WR who is about 15 yards away from him. I mean it's  like we go into the offseason and everyone forgets just how bad this guy is. If you compare Purdy to Zach, Purdy played  within the system from the day he stepped on the field just as we saw with White. Zach could have been Mike White. There was no reason he couldn't  have made the same throws. I don't  believe Zach does any better. He is a fraud. JD screwed up. The fact that in his third year he is getting benched for a Vet tells me all I need to know. 
Accept the fact that you can still be wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I am making no claims that he will improve and somehow end up as a franchise QB.  We all saw the pain last year.

There was something more going on than just, "This guy sucks" though.  Man, for some reason I just watched the Steelers game, and in the 4th quarter he is throwing dime after dime after dime on key 3rd and 4th downs to lead a comeback victory.

This has to be in his head, and if he can shake the screws that got popped loose I think he can be alright.  Kid just needs some time out of the spotlight to get his crap together.

In the end he is going to have another shot at this.  We'll see him in the preseason, and there's a decent chance he'll get a few starts this year.

I'm not completely blaming MLF, but if he were still the OC I probably would be writing him off.  This is as close to a fresh start as he could have asked for without being traded, and a chance to learn behind one of the greatest whom he has modeled his game after.

Zach sucks.  But with the situation building around him at the moment, he has a chance not to suck in the future.   Let's just hope that future comes in two years after two superbowl victories with AR.

As far as the Steeler game, I remember that game well and I thought he turned a corner but look at the defense in the first half and then look at them in the 4th. They were gassed. Credit to Zach for taking advantage but he was pretty ineffective until then. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone, new member here. I'll apologize now for any newbie mistakes I might make. I did have a Zach related question that I was curious what others thoughts were and this seemed like a good time to ask it. Although I didn't have much confidence in Zach last season, I really do hope that he may be able to progress somewhat under a new OC and sitting behind Rodgers for a year or two. That being said, what happens in the preseason games when he gets a chance to play? Could we have a repeat of getting booed off the field if he throws a few incompletions or an interception? Not that I want it to happen to him, but many fans feelings being what they are, do you think it could still get really ugly even in a preseason game?       

24 minutes ago, AZ Jet Guy said:

Hi everyone, new member here. I'll apologize now for any newbie mistakes I might make. I did have a Zach related question that I was curious what others thoughts were and this seemed like a good time to ask it. Although I didn't have much confidence in Zach last season, I really do hope that he may be able to progress somewhat under a new OC and sitting behind Rodgers for a year or two. That being said, what happens in the preseason games when he gets a chance to play? Could we have a repeat of getting booed off the field if he throws a few incompletions or an interception? Not that I want it to happen to him, but many fans feelings being what they are, do you think it could still get really ugly even in a preseason game?       

Fans don't forgive that easily. His only redemption is production.  

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

washington redskins nfl GIF by NBA

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  totally allowable. When a player is picked 2nd overall and players who are picked last overall in following draft (Purdy) are outperforming him, he deserves everything anyone says about him. Want people to stop talking, play at least competent QB. When you arr the 2nd overall pick and are astonishingly  bad, you are going to get torn to shreds. Do you realize we are bringing in Rodgers for the next two seasons because the team has no faith  at all that this guy can win. We don't  even have a starting QB on the roster and Saleh already said Zach is second string. How bad is that? 

1. Brock Purdy got hurt and isn't going to be starting for the forseeable future. If you're gonna use somebody to compare, use somebody like Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

2. I don't care if it's allowable. It's still unnecessary. I get criticizing him, but it's gotten to the point where people criticize him in places like showing up to a baseball game and ridiculing his football play. He's more than just a player. I don't care if somebody says, "Zach Wilson sucks", but it's gotten to the point where every aspect of his life is made fun of because he sucks on the field. 

3. If the Jets had no faith Zach could win they would have traded him and picked somebody else up. Everybody and their cat knew he wasn't going to be the starter this season. He hasn't shown that on the field. Doesn't justify making fun of him in every way, shape or form. 

30 minutes ago, Hex said:

1. Brock Purdy got hurt and isn't going to be starting for the forseeable future. If you're gonna use somebody to compare, use somebody like Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

2. I don't care if it's allowable. It's still unnecessary. I get criticizing him, but it's gotten to the point where people criticize him in places like showing up to a baseball game and ridiculing his football play. He's more than just a player. I don't care if somebody says, "Zach Wilson sucks", but it's gotten to the point where every aspect of his life is made fun of because he sucks on the field. 

3. If the Jets had no faith Zach could win they would have traded him and picked somebody else up. Everybody and their cat knew he wasn't going to be the starter this season. He hasn't shown that on the field. Doesn't justify making fun of him in every way, shape or form. 

It’s worse than that.  Wilson has kept a low profile - so they are grabbing pics from last year and pretending it’s this year.  

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have facts on my side, you have hopes and dreams. 

Good luck with those. Zach would be the comeback player of the decade if he just looks competent.  

Please list the facts that say you can’t be wrong, that will never be a NFL QB.  Those facts should be compelling 

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's because his mother decided to defend him publicly and disrespected the fans back. She should have kept her mouth shut.

With all respect to you, I think it was more of a bad choice to engage rather than Zach's mom disrespecting the fan base.  

7 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It’s worse than that.  Wilson has kept a low profile - so they are grabbing pics from last year and pretending it’s this year.  

Zach is listening to his agent/attorney/other players. He's keeping with a  " Low profile ". I hope he continues on this course.   

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Oh come on. He is a public figure and he is also an easy target. I'm surprised SNL hasn't  started doing skits on him. Honestly, with what is going on in his professional life, I would be keeping a low profile, not stopping and posing for pictures at sporting events. This looks to me like Zach is still going through the motions. 

Oh come on. He is a public figure and he is also an easy target. I'm surprised SNL hasn't  started doing skits on him. Honestly, with what is going on in his professional life, I would be keeping a low profile, not stopping and posing for pictures at sporting events. This looks to me like Zach is still going through the motions. 
Picture was from last year.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Please list the facts that say you can’t be wrong, that will never be a NFL QB.  Those facts should be compelling 

Please reread the entire exchange. What I was implying is I have stated facts, not my hopes. Of course  anything is possible. I will say the odds of him being a competent  NFL QB are stacked against but it only took Geno 10 years. Maybe if Zach hangs around long enough like Geno did, he finally figures it out but he will not be a Jet. I'm pretty sure about that. The Jets want Rogers for at least 2 years. That means Zach is going to sit barring an injury and Rogers is not a guy that sits with an injury, he will play hurt. That will put the Jets in a position  to pickup his 5th year option for him to remain on the team and if Rogers does well, we might be looking at extending Rogers or rolling with Zach and if that scenario comes to fruition,  Zach loses that one and is traded. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

With all respect to you, I think it was more of a bad choice to engage rather than Zach's mom disrespecting the fan base.  

But that is what we have in the age of the internet. I get it that Zachs mom was defending her kid. I would do the same, but I wouldn't  do it on Twitter. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Picture was from last year.

Ok, wasn't  aware. I thought that was from opening day.

10 hours ago, rtnelson said:

I am making no claims that he will improve and somehow end up as a franchise QB.  We all saw the pain last year.

There was something more going on than just, "This guy sucks" though.  Man, for some reason I just watched the Steelers game, and in the 4th quarter he is throwing dime after dime after dime on key 3rd and 4th downs to lead a comeback victory.

This has to be in his head, and if he can shake the screws that got popped loose I think he can be alright.  Kid just needs some time out of the spotlight to get his crap together.

In the end he is going to have another shot at this.  We'll see him in the preseason, and there's a decent chance he'll get a few starts this year.

I'm not completely blaming MLF, but if he were still the OC I probably would be writing him off.  This is as close to a fresh start as he could have asked for without being traded, and a chance to learn behind one of the greatest whom he has modeled his game after.

Zach sucks.  But with the situation building around him at the moment, he has a chance not to suck in the future.   Let's just hope that future comes in two years after two superbowl victories with AR.

I think it was @football guy who said the oc coaches were all over the place with him and telling him to do one thing and the n completely change it the next.

agree part if it is mental and it appears the coaching was the biggest culprit.

if ar comes here and Zach can watch but as important if Hackett is consistent with him - then maybe we get the qb who showed some glimpses

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He is keeping a low profile. The picture this thread was started on was from last year. They ran out of new things to make fun of so they're now finding old things.