Lions looking to potentially move D’Andre Swift (TRADED TO EAGLES)

Update: The Lions are trading Swift and a seventh-round pick (No. 249) to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a 2025 fourth-round pick and pick No. 219 in the 2023 NFL Draft

I'd be interested for a mid-late round pick. We're lacking on playmakers outside of Breece and GW and he's a very talented back who is explosive when healthy. Swift is injury prone himself but he'd be good insurance for our current RB situation. He's also the same age (24) of the guy we just drafted anyways so might as well consider him a rookie ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

What am I missing about D'Andre Swift?  I thought he was a really good RB.  I know he had some injury concerns but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly the Lions are moving on by signing Miles Sanders and drafting Gibbs.

I feel like the Lions think he's soft. They don't trust him between the tackles or at the goal line (as a RB). I'd take him in a heartbeat, but for a 4th-7th round pick at best

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

What am I missing about D'Andre Swift?  I thought he was a really good RB.  I know he had some injury concerns but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly the Lions are moving on by signing Miles Sanders and drafting Gibbs.

Thought they signed David Montgomery?

Anyway, they like 2 RB, and Jamaal outplayed Swift last year. Jamaal left. So, rebuild the room.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He gets hurt every year

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Hall, Carter, and Knight is an above average room.  Plus they all catch well out of the back field.

Hall is the only player that makes our RB room above average though, Carter and Knight are just okay. Swift is coming off a season where he averaged 5.5 ypc in just under 100 attempts and has a career average of 4.6. He is explosive just injury prone.

12 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Hall is the only player that makes our RB room above average though, Carter and Knight are just okay. Swift is coming off a season where he averaged 5.5 ypc in just under 100 attempts and has a career average of 4.6. He is explosive just injury prone.

Understandable, but also, adding an injury prone back to a room with one coming back from injury probably isn't the best way to go with a mid round pick if we are able to make a move using that pick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The concern is multiple injuries but he’s good 

We don’t need him to be a workhorse. He’s exactly the kind of guy I’d want until Breece gets back into pre surgery form.
Then the two of them together with Breece carrying the main load? I could live with that.

14 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

swift is on the last year of his rookie deal.  doubt he's looking to sign long-term to be breece's back-up/change of pace back.  so you'd be giving up scarce draft capital for an injury-prone (albeit talented) rental.

I’d be okay with it, we’re in a two year window here.
It’s okay to drive past TJ Maxx occasionally and shop in a high end store.

40 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

swift is on the last year of his rookie deal.  doubt he's looking to sign long-term to be breece's back-up/change of pace back.  so you'd be giving up scarce draft capital for an injury-prone (albeit talented) rental.

If he has any bit of self awareness I’m sure he knows he’s not built to be some workhorse every down RB. He’d get plenty of touches alongside Breece even if they’re both healthy.

17 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Aren't we already down a late pick for the jag Robinson we brought in after Hall got dinged?

Jets were 5-2 when we made the trade, so I get the move at the time but in hindsight yea we traded for a Jag and we got one. Swift isn’t a jag though and we do need insurance at RB with someone who ideally isn’t just average like Bam or MC.