Day Two #JetsCamp Reports

Larz

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

This generation combined with society today? If I was in charge I’d whip them into shape 🙄

I’ve already told you he just doesn’t have it mentally and no amount of time at the miraculous facility where the magic happens would change that. His ADD and confidence are the problem. I don’t like to bring up the ADD because it’s really misunderstood and the inevitable hot takes about it would be super cringy. 

The entire NFL goes on vacation after minicamp. Not sure how you could be more wrong, but I have faith in you to get to new “heights” 😂

You get things mentally when you work at them. Preparation is a lot of it.  Not everything is innate. If you have ADD there are tricks and strategies to compensate for it, plus medication. It does take extra work though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You get things mentally when you work at them. Preparation is a lot of it.  Not everything is innate. If you have ADD there are tricks and strategies to compensate for it, plus medication. 

Prove he doesn’t prepare.  With something besides an opinion 

please don’t embarrass yourself further with your hot takes on ADD. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jbt said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/milton-wright-nfl-supplemental-draft/tnuh45qg58qlz4cjlhuwefg1

Overall, Wright possesses an unofficial Relative Athletic Score (RAS) of just 1.37 out of 10. For context, only two receivers drafted in 2023 had RAS marks under the median five. They were Patriots sixth-round pick Kayshon Boutte (4.99) and Chargers fourth-round pick Derius Davis (4.29).

As such, that may make it hard for Wright to get drafted, especially considering that his all-important 3-cone time of 7.81 seconds is among the worst-known times recorded, per the official RAS site.

Still, it remains possible that Wright will be selected given his solid size and production during his time at Purdue. It just doesn't seem overly likely given his athletic profile.

Holy crap, lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Prove he doesn’t prepare.  With something besides an opinion 

please don’t embarrass yourself further with your hot takes on ADD. 

I have ADD. If you’re trying to paint it as a disability then you’re an ahole.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Free-agent defensive lineman Al Quadin Muhammad, who has started in recent seasons for the Colts and Bears, has a visit today with the NY Jets.

Former Purdue WR Milton Wright, who went undrafted in this month’s supplemental draft, tried out Thursday for the Jets.

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73

#Jets first-rounder Will McDonald not practicing today. He’s standing to the side with the defensive line with a sleeve on his right leg.

Could be reason for this workout..could.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You get things mentally when you work at them. Preparation is a lot of it.  Not everything is innate. If you have ADD there are tricks and strategies to compensate for it, plus medication. It does take extra work though. 

i thought the players weren't allowed to take that medication?  i think one of them is called adderall?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i thought the players weren't allowed to take that medication?  i think one of them is called adderall?

It’s banned but you can apply for an exception with a pre existing diagnosis. 

It only works for 6 hours and then you crash. Makes weight gain very difficult. It’s not a miracle cure that makes ADD go away. It stimulates your central nervous system for a short time. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s banned but you can apply for an exception with a pre existing diagnosis. 

It only works for 6 hours and then you crash. Makes weight gain very difficult. It’s not a miracle cure that makes ADD go away. It stimulates your central nervous system for a short time. 

I know off topic but they actually have the time released ones now that will last 24 hours. My son takes it.

Sorry Max

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Should’ve taken the WR from Ohio State.

I go back and forth on that guy. I kind of feel like he was a little overrated leading up to the draft and it just wasnt a great year for receivers. I dont think he would have moved the needle very much here this year. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I go back and forth on that guy. I kind of feel like he was a little overrated leading up to the draft and it just wasnt a great year for receivers. I dont think he would have moved the needle very much here this year. 

I get the skepticism, it’s fair. None of really know who will excel and who won’t.McDonald could end up being the next big thing off the edge.

I just felt the offense (and Rodgers) could’ve used another weapon with big play potential to add to Breece and GW. I thought that would’ve made a lot more of a difference than adding another rookie ER to what is an already stout defense.

• Upvote 2